Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, January 29, 2005 6:43:16 PM
Taken from SideShow Central 

Unusual Notions

A few Eli contacts through the years have worked up offbeat possibilities for the Big Eli® Wheel.

One Gentleman thought of installing a Wheel in a swimming pool and offering passengers a grand dunking. Another planned to put one in the ocean and use the tides to generate electricity.

An owner of a giant amusement slide was considering the use of a Wheel to lift customers to its zenith. Eliminating the long climb up the stairs, Another gentleman envisioned an agricultural use for the Big Eli® . He cultivated the idea of loading his sheep into the seats and using the Wheel to lower them into the sheep dip to remove unwanted varmints.

U.S. Royal Tires creation of an 80-foot Wheel complete with bright red four-person gondola seats from the 1964 World's Fair in New York.

Riley Cook actually installed a No. 6 Baby Eli in his home. He purchased an old church building, cut a hole in the floor, set up his Wheel in the basement so the axle was level with the main floor, and used the Wheel to transport folks between floors.

I think Scott and Bryan also have some unusual uses involving a wheel and some sheep.[;)]

Edited to make it a little clearer that the last part was not taken from SideShow Central.

UserPostedImage

Skywheelrider
Saturday, January 29, 2005 7:28:18 PM
Very interesting. Sheesh, the ideas some folks come up with. lol
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
archived01
Saturday, January 29, 2005 8:16:19 PM
Donnie and I just took a trip down to Larry Moyers place in Ky and on the way we saw a fireworks shop with two ground mount wheels setup one on each side of the building. I don't think they run it looks more like they are used to draw attention to the store. It looked like the guy put all 11w bulbs on the thing and it deffinetly gets your attention at night.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, January 29, 2005 9:36:49 PM
scuba....did you see the one across the road up on the mountain?...lol
archived01
Saturday, January 29, 2005 10:00:30 PM
No is there on there? I did notice the 50,000 sq ft adult store. Now that just proves where the real money is. lol
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, January 29, 2005 10:04:58 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scuba875

No is there on there? I did notice the 50,000 sq ft adult store. Now that just proves where all my money went. lol

*fixed*

UserPostedImage

archived01
Saturday, January 29, 2005 10:38:32 PM
ssssshhhhhh! I was undercover [8D]
Skywheelrider
Sunday, January 30, 2005 2:15:36 AM
Rhino, are you referring to Guntown Mountain near Cave City, Kentucky? (Off of I-65.) I saw that two a few years ago driving down that way. Interesting.

http://www.mammothcave.com/guntown/index.htm 

There was a fireworks store off of I-75 somewhere in northern Tennessee that had an old g/m Eli Wheel out front with no tubs on it. It was painted in bright fluorescent colours when I saw it. Definitely got your attention as you drove by. lol

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain