BSA Mike
  •  BSA Mike
  • 59.16% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, January 22, 2005 1:51:12 PM
just rebuilt this joint, used plastic sheets behind it, so its not just paper...

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

On the left is the old one, on the right my new version, modeled after my shows duckpond game...
korny_carny
Saturday, January 22, 2005 4:54:21 PM
rainman571
Sunday, January 23, 2005 6:04:53 AM
Sven
  •  Sven
  • 52.64% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 23, 2005 6:55:36 AM
With plastic the booth looks much better. It seems to be more solid and real.
[url=periocus.de]UserPostedImage[/url]

Modelle - Dioramen - Design
proud member since 2003
FACEBOOK 
BSA Mike
  •  BSA Mike
  • 59.16% (Neutral)
Sunday, January 23, 2005 7:48:33 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sven

With plastic the booth looks much better. It seems to be more solid and real.

exactly!

with just the paper, they were wilting and looking cheesy, with the plastic backing it makes for a much better model
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 23, 2005 10:51:33 AM
They look like the old school Southern Truck Body Trailers
Skywheelrider
Sunday, January 23, 2005 3:22:52 PM
Looks great Mike. I am going to be doing the same thing to my joints as well, will be much more sturdy. I found out the hard way how flimsy the paper can be no matter how nice they come out when I did the layout at my local county fair last August.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, January 23, 2005 4:22:30 PM
Well mike you inspired me so i went ahead and did some cames i did what you did but instead of plastic "Ihad no clue wear to get the right kind i wanted and i am impassiante and you can tell in the end results" I used cardboard but it looks like crap and i forgot the over hang i am going to try with another one the over hang.I will have pictures of the games as well as my new trucks soon.when i finished with the graphics im making.

Ok another ? Wear or what plastic are you or are used on these s i was thinking of using plexi glass or sheet plastic bu ti was not sure if it work with cement.Or if it look right.

daniel

BSA Mike
  •  BSA Mike
  • 59.16% (Neutral)
Sunday, January 23, 2005 4:33:59 PM
Daniel, find any local hobby shop and pick up some "Evergreen" plastic sheets, they come 2-3 to a pack, depending on thickness, i used 0.30" for the games and toon town model
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, January 23, 2005 5:47:40 PM
thank you tobad i have to go to feativille to get to a hobbies store oh btw Mike nice games.[:)]
HUSSRAINBOW
Sunday, January 23, 2005 7:34:50 PM
I might get some Faller games and just change their sinage to some of the games we have.... I have 2 atm But they are German originals....
Good work though
UserPostedImage
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, January 24, 2005 1:34:26 PM
BSA Mike
  •  BSA Mike
  • 59.16% (Neutral)