Skywheelrider
Sunday, January 23, 2005 6:36:23 PM
Finally finished it, new paint, new decals (except for doghouse and backwall), added flags, new sign on boom, added "speakers" and new "rays" on the sun, which came from a photo (night shot) of Wade Shows' Huss Rainbow that I took in June 2004. I finally detailed the sun face as well. Now onto the next model, have to decide which one. lol

Photos:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

http://home.ripway.com/2004-12/217539/rainbow4.jpg [/img]

UserPostedImage

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BSA Mike
Sunday, January 23, 2005 6:38:11 PM
Damn hurley, that thing is f'n sweet, good job man!
Skywheelrider
Sunday, January 23, 2005 6:43:12 PM
Thanks Mike! Kinda hard to see, since the flash on the camera is kinda harsh, but the rainbow on the gondola is detailed with "puff paint lights," and the rainbows on the poles in front (underneath the flags) have raised "lights" (come that way), that are coloured as well. I am very happy with the results.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
HUSSRAINBOW
Sunday, January 23, 2005 7:26:43 PM
Well mate, I must say its very nice, and no im not takin the p!ss, I like the booms, and the face and rays look good as they are the same as Wades. I love seeing the work that is put into Rainbows, they really are great models to work with. Did you make that Sign yourself?
Well Done
Chris
UserPostedImage
Skywheelrider
Sunday, January 23, 2005 7:56:58 PM
Thanks! I knew the topic header would get your attention. lol The sign is actually reflective stickers pasted onto flat styrene and then cut out and glued in place (each letter idividually on top of the rainbow/cloud). It is positioned just right, it just clears the trailer when on the downside with just enough room to spare. The flags were made on my computer, using a program called "Print Shop" by Broderbund (the program has been around for over twenty years, I remember using it back on our old Apple IIc. lol The ticket and safety signs (one of the signs is the Michigan rider responsibilty law) are from Wade Shows (only because they match my show colours for Wonderland Shows). The rainbows on the fence and gondola, the decals on the boom, the "ballys" are all stickers. Neat, eh? The blue paint is "sky blue" by Plasti-Kote (called "Odds N Ends" hobby paint), and the silver is Testors paint, the rays were printed out on soft gloss photo paper (same with the ticket/safety signs), the sun was painted with a yellow paint marker (and a white one for the eyes) then detailed with Sharpie permanent markers. Whew! I think that about covers it.
HUSSRAINBOW
Sunday, January 23, 2005 8:00:43 PM
hahaha cool man. Good to know that the sign clears the Trailer. Its like the flagpole on mine, it took me quite a while to make it clear the trailer, but make it long enough like the real one. Good times hahaa, I love working on my Rainbow, hopefully in a few years I can work on a real one [:D]

chris
UserPostedImage
Sven
  •  Sven
  • 52.64% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 23, 2005 10:54:50 PM
I just love it when people improve their models and make more detailed. And espacially when it is done in such a perfect way. I really like the new sign.
And i am glad, that more and more pixx from fantastic models are posted here.

Gives me new ideas... .
[url=periocus.de]UserPostedImage[/url]

Modelle - Dioramen - Design
proud member since 2003
FACEBOOK 
korny_carny
Monday, January 24, 2005 7:20:19 AM
that is Great [:D] good job man
Matthew
Monday, January 24, 2005 11:51:59 AM
Can you re-post the pictures? I can't view them.
Skywheelrider
Monday, January 24, 2005 12:05:42 PM
I never took them down. In fact, I can see them right now. Strange you cannot see them.
Matthew
Monday, January 24, 2005 1:18:29 PM
http://home.ripway.com  I get an error 404. Everything else is okay, I just can't view anything from ripway.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

I never took them down. In fact, I can see them right now. Strange you cannot see them.

Skywheelrider
Monday, January 24, 2005 2:03:39 PM
Huh, strange. PM me your email address and I would be happy to send the pics so you can see them.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 24, 2005 4:12:15 PM
not showing here either chris but i looked earlier today at work. fiberoptics much quicker than dialup. good job on the bow. cspin has to really work hard to keep up with your wq work.
korny_carny
Monday, January 24, 2005 4:21:18 PM
Matthew
Tuesday, January 25, 2005 4:14:26 AM
Now I see them 🙂. Not sure why I couldn't see them before. Great work with your Rainbow. You really made it your own. The sunrays almost look like they're layered.