•  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, January 10, 2005 3:57:00 PM
not to mention jumped from $175 to $606 in one bid on the Scat! crazy! [:0]
BSA Mike
Monday, January 10, 2005 4:08:18 PM
He's up to $3462.41

congrats to brett powers on the sizzler!
BSA Mike
Monday, January 10, 2005 4:41:34 PM
he's up too 4505.32

how the hell does he keep winning multiple bids at once?!
BSA Mike
Monday, January 10, 2005 5:24:59 PM
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, January 10, 2005 5:41:31 PM
I think he is a HO Train guy that obviously has plenty of money. The reason I say that is because I emailed him and told him they didn't have bases and it didn't matter to him. Think about it, if he is in fact a train guy how often does a collection of Cummons models (fairly new models at that) come along that are already setup for your layout? He just added an instant carnival to his layout in 2 days.

I am still mad at myself because I could have bought the models I wanted for $350 each like Mike did. I never dreamed someone would show up and take them all. Especially at those prices.
BSA Mike
Monday, January 10, 2005 5:46:04 PM
Yepp, i'll have a Sky Diver and Tempest on my layout in about a week, also adding a gravitron for my 2nd unit [;)]

and the swinger from the last set of auctions...
TopSpinJay
Monday, January 10, 2005 6:59:31 PM
yea thats fairly nuts...heck i emailed him my site link in hopes he'd buy some stuff from me and i could charge dubble [;)]

JUST kidding...but i did send the link haha [:D]
You'll miss us when were gone....
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, January 10, 2005 7:37:45 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again. Cummons models on Ebay are hard to predict how much they will go for and what will happen. Without bases, and the round of Cummons rides last week made me believe that these would go for a lower price. Wow, I was wrong there for the most part. I think a few of you had the right idea on just sending a certain amount of money to this person directly and having them pull the auction. Congrats Dan on your MGR win. I see that with this mailman person, I lucked out with my win of the Sizzler. Must've been too busy concentrating on winning the Bobs and Ring of Fire to check back and see that I snuck in late with my bid.

$600+ for the Scat?? Must be a diehard Scat fan.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
TopSpinJay
Monday, January 10, 2005 8:08:01 PM
and just for the record ...AGI will have bases in our store for ordering early next week if anyone needs/wants one
Mailman21842
Tuesday, January 11, 2005 8:59:54 AM
Hi everyone, I have wanted cummons rides for a long time, I've talked to Don on the phone many times just takes so long to get the rides in, extreme apologies to any one I've outbid over the last two days. Thank you for the website links. I talked to Ed over the phone and asked why he pulled the Tempest and Cobra as these are two I've wanted also, he explained someone purchased them and that I could do that with the rest of them. I told him that's ok, and I guaranteed him that I would win the rest of them on ebay. I let the Sizzler go because I won the Scrambler, I also had just purchased a Gravitron. I will be selling either the Spider or Octopus as I don't need both, but am willing to trade for Cobra, or Tempest.
Just a person with a big hobby, of collecting carnival stuff.
Matt C.
Tuesday, January 11, 2005 9:04:47 AM
Welcome mailman! I am glad the models are going to a good home. Did you end up getting the Scat also? Can you let us in on your bidding secret, did you put a 600 max on everything? [:D] All in all, congradulations and enjoy the models. They are great.

I am sure you will have no problem selling either the Octopus or the Spider.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
TopSpinJay
Tuesday, January 11, 2005 9:15:17 AM
ahh welcome to the party.. i was running after that paratrooper for our display- but thats ok atleast i know that someone like matt says is given it a good home. and ive got one comming from don soon anyway i suppose

well what else can i say ..it was win at all costs i guess so if you want em bad enough you'll pay and i congratulate you for winning and hope you enjoy the ones you get much like the rest of us... one thing though if you talked to Ed he probly told you alot about don...its all stuff to toss away so just know that don is still gunna go for a long time to come
crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 11, 2005 9:21:53 AM