Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
BSA Mike
Wednesday, January 5, 2005 10:30:36 AM
Looks great dan!

i love the cummons gravitron, i have to replace a few bulbs inside mine, but it looks awesome when its lit up!

Anyone know the voltage of the bulbs inside the gravitron?
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, January 5, 2005 11:14:21 AM
Wow, the Gravitron looks sharp all lit up. Very nice!
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Matt C.
Wednesday, January 5, 2005 12:48:38 PM
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, January 8, 2005 5:36:25 AM
How's the Gravitron light up? Are those individual bulbs or just many glass or plastic beads with one light inside? If they're beads then how does the scenery light up?
BSA Mike
Saturday, January 8, 2005 6:33:02 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bill P

How's the Gravitron light up? Are those individual bulbs or just many glass or plastic beads with one light inside? If they're beads then how does the scenery light up?

Bill

they are transparent, colored beads and there is four bulbs, sort of like thist christmas icecle lights inside, and the scnery is the same method except smaller bulbs inside the scenery
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Saturday, January 8, 2005 8:05:01 AM
Mike do your lights on the ship flicker as it is turning? The lights on mine are flickering while the model is turning. However the secenery wall lights glow steady.
BSA Mike
Saturday, January 8, 2005 8:10:29 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Dan L.

Mike do your lights on the ship flicker as it is turning? The lights on mine are flickering while the model is turning. However the secenery wall lights glow steady.

my whole ride flickers when i 1st start it up, but then it goes solid. ...and stays thast way
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Saturday, January 8, 2005 12:00:40 PM
Do you have the 110ac volt motor, or the older dc motor?
Matt C.
Saturday, January 8, 2005 12:28:21 PM
Quote:

quote:

Dan, its because theres a connection problem between the ship and the commentator. You may need to bend the copper tabs up so they brush up against the commentator on the bottom of the ship. I purchased some contact cleaner from radio shack that is conductive. If you spray that on the commentator, it helps the connection and reduces some noise.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
BSA Mike
Saturday, January 8, 2005 1:48:20 PM
Quote:

quote:

my gravitron was the 4th one made, so im guessing a dc motor?
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Saturday, January 8, 2005 5:08:18 PM
Thanks Matt. I work on it.

Mike when did you get your gravitron? When I unpacked this one it had newspapers in the box that were from Brentwood, TN dated 1982. I don't think I even saw a real Gravitron until about 1987 or 1988. Do you know when Don started building gravitrons. It would be nice to put an approximate date on this model. In the box was the original shipping label. Went to Mr. Don Gregory, United Shows of America, West Palm Beach Florida. I kept that and laminated it.
BSA Mike
Saturday, January 8, 2005 6:03:10 PM
dan, inside the base of my ride it says " G.T. #4" then it says "8-24-92" as well
Skywheelrider
Saturday, January 8, 2005 7:00:29 PM
If I am not mistaken, the first Gravitron (as it looks today) went to Royal American Shows in 1983.

The first one I ever saw was in 1985 and belonged to Link Shows. Wade Shows got one right after that. And after a couple more years they were all over.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, January 8, 2005 11:53:59 PM
I'm familiar with the bases that are dated. That's easy to figure out, but I noticed the older bases were numbered like your gravitron was with Initials and a number. Is that a serial number?? If so, then I'm positive that one of mine was the 2nd one built.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

dan, inside the base of my ride it says " G.T. #4" then it says "8-24-92" as well

What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam