Coastercameron
Monday, August 16, 2004 11:37:36 AM
A lot of times when I check in on the forums, a whole forum will come up with yellow icons, when I've read, or even been the last post on some topics. What is going on?
squirrel
Monday, August 16, 2004 2:55:45 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Coastercameron

A lot of times when I check in on the forums, a whole forum will come up with yellow icons, when I've read, or even been the last post on some topics. What is going on?

The forum is not able to read it's session cookie back properly from your browser because your session has timed out (20 minute inactivity limit from your client). This means that you didn't do anything on the forum for 20 mins and it timed your session out, but your browser window was still open to the page. When you clicked a link, it tried to reload the old session that no-longer exists.
Coastercameron
Monday, August 16, 2004 3:06:50 PM
ah, so if I close the window everytime I'm finished reading, it'll work?
squirrel
Monday, August 16, 2004 3:22:32 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Coastercameron

ah, so if I close the window everytime I'm finished reading, it'll work?

It might help (not so much if you are going from one topic to another), but if it takes a long time to read a topic, you might have to. Note -- this may set all unread topics to read because your session has timed out and closing the window will restart a fresh session.
WestCoastPat
Saturday, January 1, 2005 3:55:37 PM
I am resetting my Screen Resolution and would like to know what the optimum is for this forum? Does that make any sense at all? I have always had my resolution set low but was told to set it to 1280X800 to get the most out of this fancy monitor I have. I am not real sure what I need to know so if anyone has any help it would be appreciated. Thanks
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
Mr. Fixit
Saturday, January 1, 2005 4:39:40 PM
Pat, the forum is set for 800 x 600. I have my 17" monitor set for 1280 x 1024, and it appears fine. Only limiting factor might be the size of your monitor, and how big the icons on your desktop appear. Hope this helps.
CAUTION, Administrator at work. This is a troll-free zone.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin
squirrel
Sunday, January 2, 2005 5:36:35 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Fixit

Pat, the forum is set for 800 x 600. I have my 17" monitor set for 1280 x 1024, and it appears fine. Only limiting factor might be the size of your monitor, and how big the icons on your desktop appear. Hope this helps.

I run at 1024x768 on my end here, and the forum appears clean (unless images are linked in the posts). If there's an image in a post and it's a large size, the forum might not appear right (same as if a message has one LONG line with no spaces in it).

I wouldn't recommend anything less than 800x600 and 1024x768 is probably the preferred size here (to make everything easily visible).

Hope this helps--