•  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 5:33:55 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan Russell

I scored the Flying Bobs...

Nice Score. That was a good price for that piece. I expected it to go much higher. I ended up picking up the:
MGR
Hamptons
Tilt
Spider

I expected most of the pieces to go higher than they would seeing how quickly most of the auctions were bid up quickly in the beginning. I have found that it is difficult to predict how Cummons auctions are going to go on Ebay. Sure, we expected the rides to go higher individually than as a lot, but I figured that the Gravitron that went last Thursday night would be a good indication of what prices the rides were going to go for.

Looking back at the prices, with the exception of the Tilt, the rides went for cheaper than if ordering it through Cummons. Some of them much cheaper than the current prices. The Tilt ended as a battle between two people who were set on owning the piece, thus the high price.

Going solely by the 13 pieces that met reserve, the total ended up being $4626, much higher than the lot total of $2997. Include in the price of the rides that didn't make reserve, and the total is over 5 Grand.

What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Matt C.
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 6:11:36 AM
I was surprised that some of the models went as high as they did, like the Rock O Plane... I waited for the last minute to cast my bid, but was outbid. The high bidder will enjoy the ride, congradulations to him and everyone else on their deals!
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
archived01
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 7:17:54 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

hmm,. ed gregory, explains the bid rigging, and the missing skywheel.

Hey it's just like his real life auction. We got 2 kid rides with half the parts missing. LOL
archived01
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 7:25:44 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Donnaeli

Oh, also one more thing for Skywheelrider...

Once there has been a bid placed on any auction, you cannot change the terms, which includes the reserve price. I wouldn't have been able to lower the reserve even if I had wanted to at that point...

Donna

Donna that's not true. I sell a lot of stuff on ebay one being my travel trailer and I lowered my reserve in the last 24 hours by 500 in hopes that it would spark more interest. They email each bidder saying the reserve has been lowered and they place a sign on the page stating the reserve was lowered. It seems to me that you have a 0 rating because your new to ebay not because your helping a friend.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 8:42:50 AM
did packerboy get any of the models?
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 9:32:30 AM
powersbt I was the guy bidding against you for the Tilt. I was willing to pay more, but I didn't think it would go that high. I ran out of time. I would have gone much higher. Oh well, you done good. I did however score the Gravitron and Sizzler. Not all was lost. [8D]
Matt C.
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 9:55:15 AM
I believe Packer Boy got the Tempest, Ferris Wheel, and maybe the Super Loop. He is a pretty good friend of mine and will treat the models well.

Scuba- I think she is ligit, but I see what you are saying [:)]
Matt Cook
archived01
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 11:58:53 AM
Yeah Matt that wasn't a slam against her. I think she was legit as well. If she had been lowing the reserve as some had said they would have received an email announcing that it was lowered if they had bid on it. I think she may have just been new and didn't know. Maybe I was a little harsh I've been crabby lately. LOL
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, December 29, 2004 12:36:06 AM
I knew it was you Dan 🙂. Actually the bid on the Tilt wasn't too much lower than my high bid. I too could have gone higher, but I would have ran out of time before putting in a higher amount. I couldn't believe how high it ended up going for. It wasn't at reserve for most of the week, but I had a feeling that it was going to be the toughest piece on my wish list to get.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Dan L.

powersbt I was the guy bidding against you for the Tilt. I was willing to pay more, but I didn't think it would go that high. I ran out of time. I would have gone much higher. Oh well, you done good. I did however score the Gravitron and Sizzler. Not all was lost. [8D]

What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, December 30, 2004 3:21:13 AM
One mystery I still haven't solved. Who is packerboy?
JIMMY
  •  JIMMY
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Thursday, December 30, 2004 2:57:35 PM
ScottL
Thursday, December 30, 2004 3:24:13 PM
Hey Matt,

Is packerboy who I think it is?

Scott
Scott Lowry
Ride Modelers Group at Yahoo
Matt C.
Thursday, December 30, 2004 5:13:47 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ScottL

Hey Matt,

Is packerboy who I think it is?

Scott

Lol - you got it.

I picked up the Scat also.
Matt Cook
ScottL
Friday, December 31, 2004 4:04:00 AM
Quote:

quote:

Lol - you got it.

I picked up the Scat also.

Oh, that Timmy, he's a stinker! I'm surprised he got away with that one (especially with another munchkin on the way!). Bruce must be jealious now.

What do you need a Scat for? WC doesn't have one of those!

Scott

Scott Lowry
Ride Modelers Group at Yahoo
BSA Mike
Friday, December 31, 2004 11:15:14 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Dan L.

One mystery I still haven't solved. Who is packerboy?

Tim Odonnell