HUSSRAINBOW
  •  HUSSRAINBOW
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 7:14:18 PM
Hey guys,
unfortunetly im having a bit of trouble with my Faller Freefall tower. The ride is working, but the problem is with the sequence. It wont run all the way to the bottom, it stops about 5cms up the tower. When it goes to finish the program, and it slows down and lowers, it wont run to the bottom, and i have to push it down to make it stop at the bottom. The lower reed switch is working I guess, but do you think it could be that, or the computer is faulty. Thanks for any help. Its urgent!
Chris [:(]
UserPostedImage
TopSpinJay
Wednesday, December 29, 2004 4:41:30 AM
Chris

first off whats your power voltage over there?

110v or 220v?

theres a slight chance the computer is bad BUT with mine here i have to accualy slow it down for it to do the program right.

this is the first step in fixing the problem just let me know
You'll miss us when were gone....
HUSSRAINBOW
  •  HUSSRAINBOW
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
Wednesday, December 29, 2004 4:09:25 PM
Our voltage here in Australia is 240v
Im running the ride on a 12v power pack, Ive emailed Faller bout a new computer, I hope this is the reason why the car won't go all the way down to the bottom reed switch
UserPostedImage
TopSpinJay
Wednesday, December 29, 2004 8:41:35 PM
ok try this ...

im gunna tell you first off that the bottom read switch has no operation but to park and register the gondola at "home position" when it comes to the stop at the end of the program.

but from what you said yours dont even make it that far your hurtz may be a little slow for the motor....here being that german power is 220v 50 Hz the differnce here is 110v 60 Hz which interns means that because of the 10 Hz differnce a motor will run 17 revolutions persecond faster then on german power. so what have we had to do here? well i did some experimenting here and because of the faster running motor the program over extends its points for the program to be percise and it runs the ride so fast that it greatly increases the rate of problematic screw ups with the cableing.

we have solved this problem by usen variable DC pumped into the computer and puitting enough power into the computer to pull the program off and get the gondola up to the top but not over aggressively running it so fast that it over extends or runs so fast.
plus running it on DC will keep the controller cooler and alow continuous running without breaks and overheating....getting a micro processor fan wouldent hurt it would help the cooling of the controller

on a tech 4 220 power pack here in the states we run on DC arround the 45-50 mark on the dial.

in your case you may just not be getting enough power. try first switchen to DC and running it full speed on the dial and see how it reacts if it over extends turn it down...if its not doin the program to the point of were the gondola is home you may need to look for a power pack that offers 14-18 volts DC and you should be better.

let me know how this works, but i realy think you just not getting enough voltage into it to push it enough
HUSSRAINBOW
  •  HUSSRAINBOW
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
Wednesday, December 29, 2004 9:54:41 PM
Well I dont have one of them controllers, I just have a power pack that the wires connect to, but I might try operating it with my Wave Swinger power pack, being 16v, so ill see if that works

thanks for the help so far man

chris
UserPostedImage
HUSSRAINBOW
  •  HUSSRAINBOW
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
Thursday, December 30, 2004 12:22:41 AM
Ok, so I tried it with the 16v, and no change, so im seriously thinking that the computer is working properly, because it worked the very first time, but then all the times after that, it didnt work properly, hopefully a new computer will be my solution, because I love this model more and more!

Jay, here is a video, please check it out, and see if there is any solutions, other than a computer, you will see at the end it doesnt reach the bottom, and you have to push it down, for it to stop. Also during the cycle, you will notice it doesnt once go right to the bottom!

http://s8.yousendit.com/...FZP92E781TH1UTUPS7ED3OMW 

Also, this isnt anything special guys, ill have a proper video up when I get it right, and the ride is complete

Chris
UserPostedImage
TopSpinJay
Thursday, December 30, 2004 2:58:09 AM
try a new controller and see what happens it could be the problem
HUSSRAINBOW
  •  HUSSRAINBOW
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
Thursday, December 30, 2004 3:12:03 AM
Thanks mate, I really hope it is