Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, December 18, 2004 4:49:50 PM
Well the bid is up to $2750! Still alot less than what I think they could get if they had auctioned them off individually. Packerboy is the high bidder. Anyone know who that is?? At $2750, average price per model is $171.88.
Skywheelrider
Saturday, December 18, 2004 5:15:18 PM
Jdjr came right back and bid again, now up to $2801, and the reserve still not met. Would not suprise me if they figured the models for roughly $300 a piece and came up with a reserve price. This is getting interesting, just over 22 hours left. Still wondering what happened to the Sky Wheel. lol
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BSA Mike
Saturday, December 18, 2004 5:15:32 PM
Reserve met or not?

*Edit* Chris ya got me by like 2 seconds lol
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Saturday, December 18, 2004 5:26:45 PM
No the reserve is not met. I asked for the reserve and they just said that the reserve was very high. I suspect no one will meet their reserve.

At $350 per model total bid is $5600.
AT $400 per model total bid is $6400.

I know for a fact that the sellers know what current prices for the models are, so I suspect that the sellers feel that they can get current new prices for the 16 models.
Skywheelrider
Saturday, December 18, 2004 5:29:58 PM
Yep, but of course if they feel the high bid is a fair enough number, they could go ahead and allow it.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Skywheelrider
Saturday, December 18, 2004 5:36:41 PM
I know for a fact that the sellers know what current prices for the models are, so I suspect that the sellers feel that they can get current new prices for the 16 models.

Yeah, I agree. IMHO, I think they are in for a rude awakening, unless they list them individually. And if they do that then there is a chance for a bidding frenzy as each model comes down to the last hours up for bid, and they may just get what they want for each. Even if they list them individually I would guess they would still put a reserve price on them. Just my opinion.
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Saturday, December 18, 2004 5:38:31 PM
That is true Chris, however bid is only at $175 per model currently. I think the sellers want much more than that. I hope they break them up and sell individually. They will end up making more.
Skywheelrider
Saturday, December 18, 2004 5:39:54 PM
THIS   auction going on as well, ended today, reserve not met. I wonder if these get listed again, maybe individually. Man, lots of Cummons models on Ebay this week! lol
BSA Mike
Saturday, December 18, 2004 6:48:18 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

THIS   auction going on as well, ended today, reserve not met. I wonder if these get listed again, maybe individually. Man, lots of Cummons models on Ebay this week! lol

those models need some TLC, and they arent mounted on bases, they must have been made specifially for that layout
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Saturday, December 18, 2004 6:52:06 PM
good luck getting 300 a model the week before christmas
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
BSA Mike
Saturday, December 18, 2004 7:07:48 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

good luck getting 300 a model the week before christmas

Hmm, i think it would be a good time, if some1 wants to get a gift(an expensive one) but a gift for a carnival enthusiast or showman
Skywheelrider
Saturday, December 18, 2004 7:10:06 PM
My thoughts exactly Mike. I myself, as I said earlier, would have had no problem bidding on one model, even this time of year. Too bad it is only the Sky Wheel base that they have, that would have been worth bidding on, the whole model.

BSA Mike
Saturday, December 18, 2004 7:15:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

My thoughts exactly Mike. I myself, as I said earlier, would have had no problem bidding on one model, even this time of year. Too bad it is only the Sky Wheel base that they have, that would have been worth bidding on, the whole model.

Yea, i wonder what happend with the sky wheel and the 1/4 merry go round...
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Sunday, December 19, 2004 2:36:01 PM
Guys just a little over 1 hour til this bid closes. Bid is at $2801. Do you think this will take the lot of models????
BSA Mike
Sunday, December 19, 2004 2:49:39 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Dan L.

Guys just a little over 1 hour til this bid closes. Bid is at $2801. Do you think this will take the lot of models????

No, i believe they will be relisted...