safefun4u
Monday, December 15, 2003 4:13:31 AM
Has anyone ever thought about adding a Spell Check and Grammer feature to the site? I really feel sorry for some of the posters.
Liz
  •  Liz
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Tuesday, December 16, 2003 4:13:02 AM
I think that that is a great idea! I know that I can't spell worth a crap! That's a Detroit public education at it's finest! LOL[;)]
squirrel
Monday, December 22, 2003 2:27:00 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Liz

I think that that is a great idea! I know that I can't spell worth a crap! That's a Detroit public education at it's finest! LOL[;)]

I'm currently working on implementing a spell checker to the forum - we are currently testing it on our inhouse servers before we go live with it on the rideguy.com servers. Now that the forum has grown so much over the last couple years (last year especially) we have to be real careful what additions to the system are installed so that it doesn't affect the rest of the forum, or take it offline completely... Anyone who has upgraded any version of Microsoft Windows can relate to this... -lol-
Carnie_Joe930
Wednesday, December 24, 2003 4:39:35 AM
Quote:

quote:

safefun4u Posted - 12/15/2003 : 09:13:31 AM

Has anyone ever thought about adding a Spell Check and Grammer feature to the site? I really feel sorry for some of the posters.

Its spelled, G-R-A-M-M-A-R! Some of the posters are probably sharing the sorrow. lol[}:)]
safefun4u
Friday, January 2, 2004 11:25:29 AM
Carnie Joe gets the Gold Star for his observation skills. Of course not many people saw the post to begin with. If we ever meet I'll buy the first round, Joe. My point being we need to look and sound like the professionals that we are. It is way too easy to pick out the ones who are poorly educated. That was not meant as a put down, but as a general statement of our education system.
gruelurks
Wednesday, February 4, 2004 8:52:54 AM
Other forums, if you can't post with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation, your post will be deleted, or you'll get flamed.

I usually run mine posts thru MS Word or an Outlook Email to be sure 99% of the time.

Another good tool to use is the Merriam-Webster tool bar. While it doesn't provide spell-checking, it does allow you to perform a variety of actions on words in web-pages and other cool stuff.

www.m-w.com 
butterfly in reverse
Thursday, June 17, 2004 3:13:27 PM
It seems to have gotten to the point in society today where people feel it's ok to not be able to spell or use proper grammar. I, for one, have begun to look at poorly worded, misspelled, or improperly formed text as sort of accidental internet shorthand. You all must remember when you first started using the internet how hard it was to make sense of all the acronyms and abbreviations. I look at it that way. I think it's sad that this is the way it is, because there are so many resources in place in society today for people to learn these things, but as people break farther and farther away from personal resposibility and self pride, it will only get worse. It's like the internet equivalent of trying to read sloppy handwriting.
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” ~Mark Twain
Boils The Clown
Monday, October 18, 2004 2:00:40 PM
If one has a tough time spelling , & with a spell check done , how do they even know if the words are correct when changed ? Due to the many options it gives you for an alternate spelling I think it will make matters worse for some.

I don't judge a soul on grammer or spelling , but it is always a PLUS !!!!![;)]

Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
Carnie_Joe930
Monday, October 18, 2004 3:05:27 PM
It's spelled G-R-A-M-M-A-R, Boils. Weren't you paying attention to the earlier post??? Stay after school.LOL
Oh yeah,and your sentence structure is terrible too![}:)]

But hey, I'm not judging you, just clowning around with you.[8]
Boils The Clown
Monday, October 18, 2004 8:52:35 PM
............LOL.......Well Duuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh ![xx(] That's why I did spell it like this " G-R-A-M-M-E-R" I didn't think it would get spotted that quick ! Maybe we should have a beting pool on the next spelling & grammar mistake topic !!! I will say this .....Gee Carnie Joe , Your GOOOOOOOOODDDDDD ! .....LOL..........[:o)]
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Carnie_Joe930

It's spelled G-R-A-M-M-A-R, Boils. Weren't you paying attention to the earlier post??? Stay after school.LOL
Oh yeah,and your sentence structure is terrible too![}:)]

But hey, I'm not judging you, just clowning around with you.[8]

UserPostedImage
Skywheelrider
Friday, October 22, 2004 8:58:14 AM
I use spell ck a lot. It is built into the Safari browser on my mac but is not available in Int. Exp. It is extremely useful and will work in any text box. Many carnies never finished school, spelling did not effect their job but now that the internet is here I'm sure they wish they had that skill. Otherwise it is quit a struggle.

Ah, that would be "check," "Internet Explorer," "affect," and "quite." lol

(I am just messing with you Pinetar.)

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Boils The Clown
Friday, October 22, 2004 1:50:56 PM
No your not SkyRide ! Just Admit That your trying to point out a few dings he made !!
UserPostedImage
Skywheelrider
Saturday, October 23, 2004 3:59:10 PM
No your not SkyRide ! Just Admit That your trying to point out a few dings he made !!

Boils, it is "you're," or "you are," not "your," and you should only capitalize the first letter of a sentence and proper names. In any case you are incorrect with your statement, "Sherlock."
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Boils The Clown
Saturday, October 23, 2004 5:29:29 PM
Hey Chris,
It's My Style ! & I want to say to you.....Sorry DAD !!!!

UserPostedImage
Skywheelrider
Saturday, October 23, 2004 5:45:43 PM
LOL