Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, September 27, 2004 5:32:25 PM
once again lone star thrills comes through with the pics

http://www.lonestarthrills.com/...State-Fair-of-Texas-2004 
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Monday, September 27, 2004 5:34:22 PM
hurley, those clsydales are there. Those thing hit more state fairs than us.

When is clay booked in???
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
cny_chris
Monday, September 27, 2004 5:39:31 PM
Almost more European thrill rides there than are traveling in Europe. Heck, how many fairs can say they have 4 Mondial pieces on the lot. Wow.... definitely on the must visit list......[:D][:D][:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Monday, September 27, 2004 5:46:29 PM
it's the mother of all canoe rides!!!

http://www.lonestarthrills.com/...idway/sft04_wildriver001 
www.modernmidways.com 
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, September 28, 2004 1:45:11 AM
Very interesting selection. We need a carnie to go down there and report back on the success of the various rides as far as which ones are hot, which are larry and perhaps why.

If it is not doing well, is it location, too nauseas, looks great but a dull ride, too rough etc?
UserPostedImage
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, September 28, 2004 4:25:48 AM
Spent a weekend there two years ago, definitely worth a trip to see. The TXU Energy Extravaganza is awesome.

http://www.bigtex.com 
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, September 28, 2004 8:05:57 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Almost more European thrill rides there than are traveling in Europe. Heck, how many fairs can say they have 4 Mondial pieces on the lot. Wow.... definitely on the must visit list......[:D][:D][:D]

I would beg to differ on that comment. Until you've actually been to Europe, and any of its fairs, its hard to compare. Oktoberfest and probably lot more fairs can claim the fame of four or more Mondial pieces.
Cstephens
Tuesday, September 28, 2004 8:37:39 AM
those pics are nice, the zamperla skater isn't shown running though, the a.r.m 1001 nachts is there insted of tinsley's a.r.m ali baba. anyone know who the a.r.m 1002 nachts belongs too. (just curious) looks preety sharp though, almost looks brand new.
JustinJames
Tuesday, September 28, 2004 1:25:45 PM
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, September 28, 2004 1:58:28 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Just when I thought I was out... they pulled me back in!

UserPostedImage

Skywheelrider
Tuesday, September 28, 2004 3:59:32 PM
Great site, great photos, as usual. Ryan, let me guess, next time I visit your "carnival room" that Canoes photo will be blown up completely covering one wall, eh? lol lol
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, September 28, 2004 4:00:17 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Ummm,,, I'm a carnie. [:o)]

Yeah, we all have our skeleton's in the closet....
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Tuesday, September 28, 2004 7:18:47 PM
I am going to download it and try to get it blown up lifesize (yeah right)
www.modernmidways.com 
HUSSRAINBOW
Wednesday, September 29, 2004 3:04:29 AM
nice pix, nice 1001 nights pix, but under the captions it says HUSS, its actually made by A.R.M lol you've degraded Huss' name [:p]
UserPostedImage
The Flowergirl
Wednesday, September 29, 2004 8:14:52 AM
What? No picture of the Top Spin?
The more you know, the greater your life
can be.