WestCoastPat
  •  WestCoastPat
  • 59.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, September 17, 2004 7:01:41 AM

http://www.dailyrepublic...004/09/17/news/news8.txt 

Woman sues over elphant mishap
By Jess Sullivan

FAIRFIELD -- A woman claiming she broke her foot on an elephant's saddle filed a lawsuit this week against a local amusement park.

Nina Walker claims her planned pachyderm jaunt with her daughter was abruptly aborted by the negligence of the staff and management at Six Flags Marine World in Vallejo. Walker and her lawyer now want at least $25,000 from the theme park that features elephant rides for its patrons.

Walker's lawsuit claims she was climbing on board an elephant Aug. 3, 2003, after a park employee told her to lift her left leg over its back. As she straddled the elephant her foot struck a metal bar used to secure the elephant's saddle that was concealed under a canvas draped over the elephant's back.

Six Flags was negligent because park employees didn't warn her riding an elephant was dangerous and it didn't display warning signs about the hazards of elephant riding, the lawsuit claimed.

Walker spent two months in a walking cast after her elephant encounter and ended up having surgery that left her in a cast with crutches for an additional four weeks along with a permanent arch collapse, according to her lawsuit.

A Six Flags representative didn't respond to telephone inquiries about the lawsuit, which is being overseen by Judge Paul L. Beeman.

WARNING-RIDING THIS GREAT BIG ELEPHANT IS DANGEROUS-STUPID
I guess that would do it huh??

WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
The Flowergirl
Friday, September 17, 2004 7:20:28 AM
People are so stupid that in several states there is a law that says if you hurt yourself on a ride because you didn't follow the rules or because you were drunk and/or high, ITS YOUR OWN FAULT. I omitted most of the legaleese. I thought we didn't need a law to say this ride could be dangerous, but I guess we do.
The more you know, the greater your life
can be.
cny_chris
Friday, September 17, 2004 8:06:30 AM
Sad thing is, even with the disclaimers posted, this lawsuit would have still happened. The lawyer would have come up with something else to base the lawsuit on.

What next, PETA members suing grocery stores for trauma, after seeing all the meat in the refrigerated cases?
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Skywheelrider
Friday, September 17, 2004 8:46:25 AM
I gotta agree, waaaay too many dumb lawsuits nowadays. Look at all of the disclaimers that are put on products we buy, like this one I saw on a fireplace lighter: "Do not use near fire, flame, or sparks." You know some idiot out there did just that, and probably sued the company claiming there was no warning (c'mon, use some common sense), prompting that warning.

Lawyers today salivate when they here the words "amusement park" and "carnival."

And one more dumb lawsuit I just read about in the news yesterday, a guy went to McDonald's, ordered a meal through the drive through plus a milkshake, put the shake between his legs, put the food on the seat next to him, and while he was arranging it, squeezed his legs together, which caused the shake to spill out onto his legs, and he claimed in his lawsuit that the shock from the cold shake caused him to hit another vehicle, causing pain and suffering. HELLO, IS ANYONE HOME UPSTAIRS????? A MILKSHAKE IS COLD! PUTTING IT BETWEEN YOUR LEGS WHILE DRIVING IS FOOLISH!!!! And personally, I think the lawyer that even took the case and filed the papers is just as much a fool. Everyone is looking for a free buck. Sheesh....

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BSA Mike
Friday, September 17, 2004 9:04:11 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by The Flowergirl

People are so stupid that in several states there is a law that says if you hurt yourself on a ride because you didn't follow the rules or because you were drunk and/or high, ITS YOUR OWN FAULT. I omitted most of the legaleese. I thought we didn't need a law to say this ride could be dangerous, but I guess we do.

in jersey, they give u signs to post on your rides basically saying, if you f*ck around and cause injury or get hurt, you could go to jail etc, etc
orphaned
Friday, September 17, 2004 3:31:36 PM
Hmmmm....wonder if a "certain ambulance chaser" that lurks around here has any experience in elephants? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........LOL [}:)][}:)][}:)]
Magnum-Calvin
Friday, September 17, 2004 9:53:35 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

What next, PETA members suing grocery stores for trauma, after seeing all the meat in the refrigerated cases?

SHHHH! Don't put ideas into their heads! Being proffered a bucket-o-blood at KFC was bad enough!
I like reading, rain, British accents, and grey cloudy rainy days where you sit out on the porch in an armchair under a quilt and read.
gruelurks
Friday, September 17, 2004 10:33:32 PM
No matter how smart you build your idiot-proof system, the world will always produce two idiots smarter than your design.
cny_chris
Friday, September 17, 2004 11:36:48 PM
Need I even bring up fark.com, and the folks who post their mindless drivel there? [xx(][xx(][xx(]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Skywheelrider
Saturday, September 18, 2004 4:27:15 AM
http://channels.netscape.../ns/atplay/laughable.jsp  [/color]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
SaraAB
Saturday, September 18, 2004 6:20:16 PM
Those milkshakes arent even that cold, not as cold as if you were to spill ice on your legs, they have to put the beverages in better, more heat and cold resistant cups cause some people have claimed to have gotten burned through the cups before with hot coffee.