Larry Smith
Wednesday, July 28, 2004 4:18:23 PM
Just kinda fishin around and found that lowery updated their website.....Just take a peek at that Tilt in the main screen.....

http://www.lowerycarnival.com/ 
ridesicknsc
Thursday, July 29, 2004 6:48:43 AM
That's the most beautiful Tilt I've ever seen!
BSA Mike
Thursday, July 29, 2004 9:17:03 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ridesicknsc

That's the most beautiful Tilt I've ever seen!

check the one out on Alpine Amusements...they did a great job refurbing it !

http://www.alpineamusements.com/shop.htm 
Skywheelrider
Thursday, July 29, 2004 9:19:03 AM
Sure is a beautiful Tilt. Wow. Nice looking show. I saw them years ago (1985 to be exact) when they had a Reverchon Himalaya and a Watkins Rampage, a few kiddies and some joints booked into the Michigan State Fair with Wade Shows. The Rampage is now owned by PBJ Happee Daze Shows.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
bladerunner
Thursday, July 29, 2004 9:28:24 AM
GJRinMN
Thursday, July 29, 2004 8:28:04 PM
Had the chance to see Lowery Carnival last year (July 29 - August 3, 2003) at the Freeborn County Fair in Albert Lea, MN. What a classy show. The Tilt A Whirl looked brand new - eagle theme and flags all over. Rode on it along with their Tornado. All of the nearly 20 rides at the fair were in top notch shape.

As I had mentioned before, several of the pictures on their updated website were taken at the fair (one of the Cliff Hanger in motion, Merry Go Round, Inverter, office complex, one of Dizzy Dragons, Tea Cups, Super Slide, Tornado, Hi Roller).
Ride line up included -
Hi Roller
Inverter
Top Kick - single car Kamikaze
Cliff Hanger
Tornado
Wisdom Avalanche
Tilt A Whirl
Super Sizzler- ran in both directions
Expo Wheel
Swings
Balloon Wheel
Merry Go Round
Dizzy Dragons
Mini Tea Cups
Wacky Worm Coaster
Go Gator
Super Slide
Safari Train
Kiddie Wheel
The Gravitron, Scooby Doo-Castle Mania, Alpine Funhouse and Clown Town were not at the fair.
Lowery had the spot for one year after Hildebrand's had it for 5 years. Merriam's Midway will play the fair this year, Aug 3-8.

Had the opportunity to talk with some of the carnival employees who came to see my model carnival display last year. It's too bad that they can't come back to Minnesota. It was their 1st ever trip to the state. Too big of a jump from central Missouri, through Iowa, up to southern Minnesota and back to central Missouri within just over a weeks time. Merriam's will now play 3 consecutive fairs in August - in Albert Lea, Austin and Owatonna all within a 30 mile radius of each other.

Greg