orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, September 7, 2004 12:22:56 PM
Saw live on Fox News where Pres Bush was giving a speech at the fair in Columbia, Missouri. They didn't show any rides, but the reporter was in front of a couple of "grab" joints. Who plays this spot?
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, September 7, 2004 12:53:33 PM
it's changed hands several times but... if my memory is correct.. I think it's Evans United.
80miler
Tuesday, September 7, 2004 2:23:50 PM
Is it Don Evans or Tommy, thought Miller use to play that Spot
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Wednesday, September 8, 2004 7:12:23 AM
miller is at duqoin then if I remember correctly.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 8, 2004 8:17:16 AM
This fair has had lots of different shows on the midway. I don't think it's a very big fair. Miller had it one year, Matt Armstrong, Jay Stanley, Evans, Inland Impire ( I think) I"m sure there are more
orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, September 8, 2004 10:46:56 AM
Hmmm...was a big enough spot to get GW there...LOL...I think they said he lost that county by like a few hundred votes in 2000..guess that shows how important this little fair must be...heck I have a little bitty fair...I'd be happy if I could just get my state governor to come....hey...maybe he could fly his plane in and we could evacuate like they did the Capitol during Reagans funeral...leave it to a good ole KY boy! Course if we have to evacuate the fairgrounds because of it, that might not be a good thing.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, September 9, 2004 5:53:58 AM
Quote:

quote:

Hmmm...was a big enough spot to get GW there...LOL...

Well, I'm sure the main reason for "GW" being there was that Columbia is where the University of Missouri is located. Just the campus population alone is tens of thousnads... very very large campus. I"ve seen their fairgrounds.. it looks like any typical american county fairgrounds... very small and just a few buildings. Nothing spectacular about it.
orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Thursday, September 9, 2004 6:25:46 AM
Perhaps that, and the fact that he barely lost that county...and just barely won the state...and it's considered a battleground state now...so what better way to show that you are a part of Americana than to give a Presidential rally speech at a small county fair? That's about as Americana as it gets...unless it was eating apple pie at a baseball game.
Mamatiger
Thursday, September 9, 2004 4:06:13 PM
I could've sworn we booked in with Lowery in Columbia last season.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain