lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, September 3, 2004 2:08:29 PM
AGAINST INCREDIBLE ODDS MY UNIT OF A OF A WAS CRUISING THRU THE SEASON WITHOUT THE FIRST GAME COMPLAINT. IT WAS THE LAST WEEK OF AUGUST AND WE HAVE YET TO HAVE ONE BEEF REACH THE OFFICE.I KEPT TELLING MYSELF AND OTHERS THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

WE WERE PLAYING GREENWICH NY, WHEN I GET A CALL TO THE OFFICE TO HANDLE A GAME COMPLAINT. ****, THERE GOES MY RECORD!!!! I GET TO THE OFFICE AND TALK TO A WOMEN IN HER 60'S, SHE IS THERE WITH HER GRANDAUGHTER. I ASK HER WHAT GAME SHE PLAYED, AND SHE TOLD ME IT WAS THE BUST THREE,WHICH BELONGS TO MY CLOSE FRIEND JUGGIE.NOW IM REALLY HOT, MY FRIEND BLOWS MY RECORD.

I ASKED HER WHAT HAPPENED, AND IF SHE UNDERSTOOD THE RULES.SHE TOLD ME SHE UNDERSTOOD THEM WELL. YOU BUST THREE BALLOONS IN A ROW YOU WIN CHOICE.I SAID ,AND IF YOU DON'T BUST ALL THREE WHAT HAPPENS? SHE REPLIED ,"WELL YOU GET NOTHING".
SO TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED, I SAID.
SHE SAYS" MY GRANDAUGHTER THREW THREE DARTS AND ONLY BROKE ONE BALLOON AND LOST.THEN SOME RETARDED KIDS PLAYED THE GAME THEY ONLY BUSTED ONE BALLON AND THEY GOT A SMALL PRIZE FOR LOSING. I DON'T THINK THATS FAIR. IF MY GRANDAUGHTER DOESN'T GET ONE ,THEY SHOULDN'T GET ONE."
I SAID "LADY , DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU JUST SAID?"
THEN SHE REPEATED HERSELF.
I EXPLAINED TO HER THAT THE LADY RUNNING THE STAND WAS NOT REQUIRED TO GIVE ANY LOSERS A PRIZE, JUST THE WINNERS.SHE GAVE THOSE RETARDED CHILDREN A PRIZE OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF HER HEART AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING.
I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I WAS HEARING, TOLD THE LADY SHE WAS CRAZY AND SHOULD COMPLAIN TO A HIGHER AUTHORITY.....I JUST HAD TO WALK AWAY.
LATER THAT DAY I'M TALKING TO MY FRIEND TEDDY BEAR ON THE PHONE,TOLD HIM THE STORY, HE SAID I SHOULD HAVE ASKED HER IF HER GRANDAUGHTER WAS RETARDED, WHEN SHE WOULD HAVE SAID NO, THEN TELL HER SHE WAS ALREADY A WINNER,NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! ANYBODY THAT KNOWS TEDDY,KNOWS HE IS THE KING OF THE ONE LINERS. HE WOULD MAKE A GREAT FIXER.

'
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, September 3, 2004 3:23:22 PM
Yup yup. I hear ya there. The problem with today's society is that every little thing has to be equal for everyone. Otherwise there is nothing but complaints.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Missin it
Friday, September 3, 2004 3:50:00 PM
HEY LOTMAN, After having Juggie play my spot with Artie Gillete I have a good understanding of the operation he and his people run. If he were to have done the same thing in my town we would have gone out of our way to get him a public commendation. Tell Juggie he's always welcome in Wallkill.
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
Friday, September 3, 2004 4:10:13 PM
years ago you wouldn't take money from the handicapped.todays society would call it discrimination.we try not to insult anybody or hurt their feelings by not letting them play.
funny thing happened this morning with the same operator,gave out a piece of stock and the girl ran up and gave the operator a big hug.her supervisor was in shock and told jerry you just made her day,and she has very few days. she came up to me and juggie in tears and told us the story.now you know juggie and i are real tough guys when it comes to stuff like that,.....yeah right...

anyway our stock trucks are never empty.things like that make it easier to deal with all the other idiots out there. it gives you a reality check sometimes when you need it the most.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, September 3, 2004 8:27:19 PM
only juggie could get a beef like that[:D]
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
johnroach100
Friday, September 3, 2004 9:02:08 PM
Ok, my turn to get flamed as a newbie. We were working a Wal-Mart in Statesboro, GA. I booked the spot, the only condition extra in the contract was if one beef made it to the store, that was it. The patch (J.R. Howard} was in Gibtown, so it was blue skies. The razzle agents knew the score and behaved. Fin and stock. On Sat. night, the roughie came to me about a beef. It was over popcorn. The townie didn't like the attitude of the popper worker, and went to the lot fuzz. I had to leave a good tip in the mirrors (no agent) to square it.
BSA Mike
Friday, September 3, 2004 10:47:06 PM
ahahha the sad part is ...

i can close my eyes and picture teddy saying that, laughing, turning beat red all with his plastic cup in his hand and a cigerette between his fingers

alibiguyny
Saturday, September 4, 2004 3:57:12 PM
teddy is a class act my a*$. he is joke any were he goes.he moved from the smack to the bottle. my opinion he is justa smart [system edit]
i dont smell em i just tell em......
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
Saturday, September 4, 2004 5:19:12 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by alibiguyny

teddy is a class act my a*$. he is joke any were he goes.he moved from the smack to the bottle. my opinion he is justa smart [system edit]

TEDDY COMES ON PRETTY STRONG. IF YOU DON'T KNOW HIM HE CAN GET UNDER YOUR SKIN.BUT I'VE KNOWN TEDDY SINCE HE WAS A KID. I WORKED FOR HIS FATHER IN THE 70'S ON DELL AND TRAVERS SHOW. YEAH TEDDY HAS HAD HIS PROBLEMS, WHO HAS'NT? TEDDY IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN SHARP AS A TACK.HE KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THIS BUSINESS, A LOT MORE THAN MOST. PROBLEM IS HE IS NOT AFRAID TO LET SOME PEOPLE KNOW THAT, THATS WHY THEY TEND TO TALK IN A NEGATIVE WAY ABOUT HIM.

TEDDY HAS HIS HEAD IN THE RIGHT PLACE. AND HE IS A TRUE SHOWMAN.
Mark Twain
powersmidways.com
Carnie_Joe930
Saturday, September 4, 2004 10:28:44 PM
I'll bet Juggie provoked her. He probably told her that "the 'tards' did just as good as her grandkid did, so she better let her try again." If Teddy's a "fixer", Juggie's a "f***er". Hahahahaha
All kidding aside--I consider both Teddy and Juggie to be friends. I remember heading north from Florida to Massachusetts a couple of years ago. Teddy and Juggie were both booked in with Sam Pino Shows(where I was heading to). I had already driven about 4800 miles in a week's time and was really limping in with the last load. The show was going to close that night at about 6pm and I hit Connecticut that morning. With only 80 miles left to drive to the lot, I decided to pull into a truckstop and sleep, figuring on getting to the lot after closing so I wouldn't have to find a spot to dump the set of doubles I was hauling. At around 5pm, my cell phone goes off and it's Teddy...he and Juggie figured that I was in trouble, since I hadn't gotten there yet, and they both offered to drive all my stuff to the next lot. "True friends think about you when you're NOT around!"
alibiguyny
Monday, September 6, 2004 9:20:22 AM
i knew his dad as well. and he was a nice guy. teddy is smart when it comes to the biz. but its his attitude that has held him back all of these years. he was with me in long island one year on the same show. we went to govisit tommy murray. and on the 30 minute drive we had to stop at 2 different liquer stores. lol but its just his mouth that drives a man crazy. i can only take so many one liners. it is like being with bobby leonard all day golfing by the end of the day youve heard every crack and jackpot there is.
i dont smell em i just tell em......
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
Monday, September 6, 2004 10:17:51 AM
you are right. teddy is much better, taken in small doses.
Mark Twain
powersmidways.com
cny_chris
Monday, September 6, 2004 4:05:39 PM
Besides a lack of common sense, the prevalent belief that everyone is "entitled" to everything is another major problem that is leading to a dumbing down of society. I hate to say it, but the old adage "life is unfair" applies in this case.

You count your blessings that you are alive for another day, that you have good health, and that you have your sanity. Everything else is frosting on the cake.... [:D][:D][:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
WestCoastPat
Monday, September 6, 2004 4:09:16 PM
You mean I have to have my sanity? LOL
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.