Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 31, 2004 8:25:33 PM
Going to be a busy one......

Alpine-Lemont (say hello to kevin mathews for us)
Astro unit 1-buffalo grove
Astro unit 2-frankfort
Midwest-Down south
Miller Amusements-Plymoth IN (see below)
Rick Haney Expostions-Plymoth IN (see below)
All Star unit 1-schaumburg
All Star unit 2-plmoth IN-see below
All Around-Joliet IL
Fantasy-hanover park-only carnival
WCA1 Berwyn
WCA2-lake in the hills
WCA3-yorkville
WCA 4-maple park IL
WCA 5 (yes 5, not allow to tell)
Spectacular Midways-Naperville IL
Cal CIty-no carnival after 25 years of miller amusements
Eberle-Michigan City IN (below)
Laporte IN, unkown show-see below

Kelly MIller Circus-Cedar Lake IN wed. Dyer IN fridy, Highland IN saturday
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Tuesday, August 31, 2004 8:32:14 PM
okay, Plymoth IN, huge spot, lafaytee tent had 3 semis full of tents. Used to be All Star unit 1, great spot, line up gets weaker and weaker every year. Used to be all of all stars, now its 2nd unit. The line up

miller amusements-dark ride

haney expo-crazy surf, dragons, windjammer, love wheel

all star-hamptons, go gaotr, badlands, MGR, slide, sizzler, tornado, 1001, gravy train, down draft, yoyo, spider, gravity storm, materhorn
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Tuesday, August 31, 2004 8:35:36 PM
eberle-michgan City IN, on the shore of lake michigan, the midway is between a sand dune and the lake, very beautiful lot. Got lots of good pics, set up on sand (wosers)

eli wheel, spider, roll o plane, mgr, go gator, scrambler, playport, kiddies eli
www.modernmidways.com 
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Tuesday, August 31, 2004 8:38:31 PM
Laporte, unkown carnival, help!!! Scambler, Roll o plane, kiddie airplane ride, flinstone fun slide (dino slide) kiddie scrambler, train, mgr, hustler,roll o plane. Trucks had iowa plate but no names on any equipment, the slide should be a give a away for someone to identify it.
www.modernmidways.com 
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, September 1, 2004 3:03:22 AM
WHAAAAT??!!??!? NO VENTURE CANOES AT ANY SPOT???!!!???!!? RYAN, HOW DO YOU STAND IT?!?!?!?!?! (Venture Canoes sighting in Michigan--Wade Shows, Flint, through Labour Day!)

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Wednesday, September 1, 2004 5:38:43 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

WHAAAAT??!!??!? NO VENTURE CANOES AT ANY SPOT???!!!???!!? RYAN, HOW DO YOU STAND IT?!?!?!?!?! (Venture Canoes sighting in Michigan--Wade Shows, Flint, through Labour Day!)

actually it is quite sad, but the only time I see canoes is when I leave chicago and NWI. No one has them around here.
www.modernmidways.com 
aba
  •  aba
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Wednesday, September 1, 2004 1:27:35 PM
Central Illinois Amusements-American Banner Amusements played LaPorte last year.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 1, 2004 1:35:19 PM
My Rodeo & canoe will be up on sunday, complete with teepee, 6 canoes, fresh paint, 2 new motors and 4 gfi's. Ohio ron has a trip scheduled to record the historic moment.

I of course will have video.......
UserPostedImage
jonjon
Wednesday, September 1, 2004 2:47:02 PM
The construction company on 17 in front of the park in Plymouth widening the road is the company I work for. INDOT is making us shut down today until Tuesday because of the festival.
Josh
  •  Josh
  • 50.36% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Wednesday, September 1, 2004 7:04:36 PM
The unkown show in Laporte, Indiana is Superior Equipment owned by Shawn Exum and his wife.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Wednesday, September 1, 2004 7:59:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by jonjon

The construction company on 17 in front of the park in Plymouth widening the road is the company I work for. INDOT is making us shut down today until Tuesday because of the festival.

I noticed that they where paving like crazy trying to get it to 4 lanes. You work for W+K?? They do alot of paving up here.
www.modernmidways.com 
barn
  •  barn
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Thursday, September 2, 2004 11:47:48 AM
Eberle at Michigan city Is a good little spot,used to sell food and beer tickets there as a volunteer at that festival a few years back, always stayed away from plymoth FOR THAT FEST (too many people).Where in laporte? Ryan at ocktorfest at the Fairgrounds? Wdere is kelly miller in dyer friday? Havent seen them for a few years nice little circus
barn
  •  barn
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Thursday, September 2, 2004 11:48:53 AM
oh by the way Kevin matthews rocks
jonjon
Thursday, September 2, 2004 2:24:55 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by jonjon

I noticed that they where paving like crazy trying to get it to 4 lanes. You work for W+K?? They do alot of paving up here.

No, I work for HRP. It is our contract, they are a sub.
jonjon
Thursday, September 2, 2004 2:30:42 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by barn

Eberle at Michigan city Is a good little spot,used to sell food and beer tickets there as a volunteer at that festival a few years back, always stayed away from plymoth FOR THAT FEST (too many people).Where in laporte? Ryan at ocktorfest at the Fairgrounds? Wdere is kelly miller in dyer friday? Havent seen them for a few years nice little circus

Ocktobor fest is at the fairgrounds. I drove by there today. They have what looked like a Rock O Plane with Ferris wheel seats. Never seen one like that before.