Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 4:43:59 PM
I have a hard time working with unskilled people. A kid about 18 or 19 who can't sweep the floor properly, you tell him to dump the trash and he throws the can in the dumpster as well. He drags in a 5 gal. of gear oil and leaves a 50' trail of the stink. He and his friend need total supervision for the simplist tasks. He's toast. I seem to get all the dumb ****ss. Am I the only one?
UserPostedImage
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 5:06:11 PM
( standing to his feet, and shouting at the top of his lungs) "I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!"

I send one guy with a five gallon bucket to go get some water to clean up some stuff during set up... ( it takes two of them)

I ask one to take this binder of inspection sheets and go around and fill a page out on each attraction, and see that everthing is set up ok.... he ask to go to the truck and get a chair out so( and I quote) "I can sit down to fill all this "$#it" out"

and finally, after making a comment to one of my gay employees about a good looking woman who's "headlights" were on... he promtly yells to her that she has left her headlights on!

No my friend...your not alone!
carnahan
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 5:11:24 PM
welome to the club!!!! [;)] your many years behind !!! [:D]
man is the only animal that can blush , or has the need to !
Mamatiger
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 5:38:54 PM
I'd have two words for them..."get out".

It's less work to do something yourself than to pay someone to make a mess of it.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
bdcbbq
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 6:36:33 PM
Reminds me of Magoo who worked for Frank on Wade Shows. Frank told him to empty the doniker on his house trailer. Magoo went over there and couldn't figure out where to dump it. So he grabbed a large 55 gallon trash bag and tied it to the drain and flipped it on. Magoo was a sewer for a few days. The poor guy. He was around for several years. I wonder what ever happened to him.
Bruce
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 6:41:55 PM
Ok Carnahan, it's your turn for group therapy, give us a couple of your stories.
UserPostedImage
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 6:51:17 PM
The stories I could tell you from retail........
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 7:34:10 PM
You should try me.Altough i would n't know how to clean a mobile ****er so dont ask.
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 8:43:39 PM
It's like my Daddy used to tell me. He said, "Son, if they had any brains they wouldn't be working for $27.50 and 3 peanutbutter sandwiches a week." [;)]
Sixcats have nine lives
archived01
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 10:37:10 PM
Man did you hit the nail on the head Pinetar. Last night we were setting up and we had to flip a rental generator around so the leads would reach. I ask a guy who has been in the business for about 12 years to disconect the leads from the generator while I got the truck to turn it around. Now we have cam locks on all of our stuff. He went and got a set of allens and took the pig tails out of the generator instead of just disconecting the cams. This guy hooks up the wipeout with cams every WEEK! Stuff like this seem to happen all the time and usualy I just laugh and shake my head and fix it myself but after 16 weeks it's not so funny anymore.
24hr.man
Wednesday, August 25, 2004 3:17:58 AM
Good Help is really hard to find, and it always seems once you break one in thats good, he blows!!!!!!!!!
24hr.man
Wednesday, August 25, 2004 3:18:05 AM
Good Help is really hard to find, and it always seems once you break one in thats good, he blows!!!!!!!!!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
Wednesday, August 25, 2004 4:33:21 AM
Joe Dill, a friend and driver who used to move the show would often provide some mental stability to a bad situation by just declaring that the person was having a "Dumb Day".

It doesn't always have a calming effect though, like when a driver/jock pulled out in front of an Ohio State Trooper from an interstate exit ramp causing the trooper to sideswipe the office possum belly. Oh well, that's show business!
UserPostedImage
cny_chris
Wednesday, August 25, 2004 5:35:50 AM
Good help is hard to find these days. Common sense is the exception, not the rule. Anything that requires manual labor of any sort is "too hard" for the kids today.

Too bad that America is becoming a country filled with fat & lazy sacks of * who think the world should be handed to them on a silver platter. Good hard work never hurt anyone.....[:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, August 25, 2004 4:12:36 PM
I can do it all i need it derection or some one to show me what to do.