Skywheelrider
Monday, August 23, 2004 3:42:54 AM
Photos I took on 12 August 2004. Adventure Park and the "Million Dollar Midway." Rides by Astro Amusements, Tinsley Amusements, All Star Amusements and Spectacular Midways, although I just labled the rides as what they are and not who owns what. I do know (thanks to Ryan) who owns what for the most part, but some I am not sure on, so if anyone knows for sure, feel free to post who owns what, it is so easy to edit the captions I would be happy to list the proper owners. Enjoy the photos!

Illinois State Fair 2004 Photos  

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
dccradio
Monday, August 23, 2004 4:00:43 AM
Chris, I am not finding your Illinois State Fair pictures. I am only seeing Beers & Jessops and Durant Amusements. Is that the proper link? Thanks!
Mark H
Skywheelrider
Monday, August 23, 2004 4:10:02 AM
Weird, I just edited the photos with captions. Must take a little bit for the changes to take place and the album to appear again. I actually uploaded the photos on Saturday, and captioned them this morning. Must be like Webshots, which takes thirty minutes for changes to take effect.

EDIT: DOH! Silly me, I forgot to list it as a public album. Unlike Webshots, with Yahoo! I have to specifically go into edit album properties and check that off, it does not automatically ask me that when I create the album like Webshots does. It works now, I tried it. Enjoy!

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
dccradio
Monday, August 23, 2004 4:48:25 AM
Great pictures Chris, I was finally able to view the photos!
Mark H
Cstephens
Monday, August 23, 2004 8:57:07 AM
in the illinois state fair album i saw some rides at a place called adventure park, is this amusement park on the fairgrounds property or is it just part of the fair, the eli wheel there (in adventure park) looks like a park model too me. nice looking area though. it's a shame nothing appers to be running, mabye they did'nt open up yet.
Skywheelrider
Monday, August 23, 2004 9:05:18 AM
Well, the fair was closed when Ryan and I visited, we found a way in. Adventure Park is a "permanent" if you will, amusement park on the grounds, and they add in some rides during the State Fair. Very nice fairgrounds, lots of trees, wish I could have seen the whole fair.
archived05
Monday, August 23, 2004 10:10:16 AM
Thanks for showing us the great picks. It's not that bad of a fair selection. They have some of my favorites: Music Fest, Orbiter, Spin Out, Yo-Yo, and Spider.
barn
  •  barn
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Monday, August 23, 2004 12:25:46 PM
Nice pics chris.I do like astros colors
Midway Provydr
Monday, August 23, 2004 3:39:37 PM
Chris, do you know if that slingshot is ran by some guys from Poland? It looks exactly like the one that was in Winston Salem NC last year.

Shown here

http://community.webshot.../94773306/94777675JfEllp 
Midway Provydr
Monday, August 23, 2004 3:41:31 PM
Skywheelrider
Monday, August 23, 2004 4:16:07 PM
Thanks for all of the compliments.

Midway, could not tell you on the Sling Shot, as the fair was officially not open when we were there, and no one was around the Sling Shot.

Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, August 23, 2004 5:02:00 PM
Hey Chris, thanks for the great pics. One question, why not post them on webshots. I was just wondering. I still prefer the webshots format. Thanks.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 3:16:30 AM
Thanks Dan. As for where I posted the photos, well, I like Webshots, too, but, I am just about out of room there, come the end of the year I will have to ante up for another year or two years and the price has gone up, Yahoo! is free, Yahoo! is unlimited (Webshots is limited), and it is easier to edit the photo captions with Yahoo! after the photos have been uploaded. Plus, I have received a number of complaints from people (both on this board and from people on the shows that look at my photos) that they get constant pop-up's with Webshots (one told me he has to pick and choose which photos to look at, even though he would love to look at them all, because of the pop-up's), and none with Yahoo!, so, all things considered, I am going to go with Yahoo! from now on. (The only thing I have to remember is to set each album to public viewing. lol)
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 4:18:46 AM
Chris, these are great ! I especially liked all the kiddy rides
they are making rides look so good for kids these days, one that caught my eye the most was the ''duck go round'' and can any one tell me what a ''ZENDAR'' is ?? I have never seen this before .
I loved the MGR with the purple colors.. Someof these were in Tampa, I didn' t see this MGR there unless I missed it.
I can smell the onions cookin already! and the clounds looked like they were going to give way at any moment, but it gave a erie feeling as a back drop to the rides... thanks chris.
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 4:27:50 AM
Thanks back40. I liked the duck ride myself, it was my favourite of all the kiddie rides there. Not sure of the actual name of it, there was no name on it, nor who manufactured it, though it was the same style as the Visa Bees that Playworld Amusements has. Very nice.

The Dartron Zendar is like a futuristic Round Up, first came out in 1995, a few were sold (Wade Shows got one of the first ones), it was turned around in the pic, entrance facing the back. What it does: starts to rise up, staying parallel to the ground, starts spinning, rises to full height, then tilts down like the Round-up, then lays down flat, then lowers back down, slowing down until the entrance is right centre with the stairs. Faster than most Round-Ups, looks neat, but not much too it really. This one was owned by Spectacular Midways. The purple M-G-R was owned by Astro Amusements, and yes it did look sharp. Almost all of the equipment there looked sharp, a few pieces needed some work, but overall very nice.

The whole atmosphere was kind of strange, being on the midways while the fair was not open, taking pics, kinda waiting to be "caught" at any moment.