SaraAB
  •  SaraAB
  • 50.08% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 17, 2004 6:57:31 PM
Well i had my first Top Spin experience yesterday, thanks to cny chris talking me into it, lol, and what an experience it was. This thing is insane, it is the most insane ride i have ever been on in my life, and i have been on a lot of rides. It flips you over some then it stops and you think the ride is over, then it flips you again, and it keeps doing that! The flips are really intense too. I do not think i could ride it more than once a day since the experience of riding it is a bit much for me, however i will be riding it at the erie county fair again next year, once, provided it shows up.
cny_chris
Tuesday, August 17, 2004 7:07:22 PM
Glad you gave it a try. Now I have to get my fill of rides on it at Syracuse. Guarantee it will be more than once![}:)][}:)][}:)]

Now I have to introduce you to my new friend that I met this year, Mr. Space Roller....<evil laugh> You think the Top Spin is insane, the Space Roller is extremely unpredictable, as gravity helps with the spinning. Now if it only came closer to New York.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
SaraAB
  •  SaraAB
  • 50.08% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 17, 2004 7:09:07 PM
Well, maybe if there is a stretcher nearby and someone is willing to haul me off the ride in a passed out position provided the people i am with have enough strength to lift me!
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 17, 2004 7:17:22 PM
SilverCometJay has been running that Top Spin and he's been giving long, multiple cycle rides if the line is not too long.
I don't know if he ran it Monday but I saw him at the controls again Tuesday evening.
SaraAB
  •  SaraAB
  • 50.08% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 17, 2004 7:25:01 PM
Yes, however i did not note who was the ride op monday around 5pm, i have seen jay before in person so if i would have looked close i would have been able to tell, also i took my glasses off for the ride so i would have had to check before or after i rode (i cannot see without my glasses however the top spin was easy to negotiate since the stairs are pretty big).

I suspect if you were at a six flags or some generic park you would only get one cycle, you would stop and get off, it wouldnt stop multiple times during the ride. The line was not too long when i was there, just enough people in line to fill up the gondola, and some of the cycles were going out with only a few riders, others were completly full.
TopSpinJay
Tuesday, August 17, 2004 8:51:15 PM
usualy between 4-7 im not on the ride i take a good break durring that time, so it probly wasent me.

ive used every program that there is to use thats for sure, and never once did i pull off the same set back to back, i sure keep people guessen because they don't know what to expect and when. thats why i can call it the real deal. never settle for a sixflags termite infested imposter version.
You'll miss us when were gone....
SaraAB
  •  SaraAB
  • 50.08% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, August 18, 2004 5:36:56 PM
That is why i have opted for carnivals instead of parks you cannot find the calibur of flat rides anywhere else, and with parks you end up waiting 30min to an hour for a 30 second ride at least at a carnival you get 3-4 min ride even if you have to wait. Most of six flags rides are butchered bad especially at sfdl. Strates employees were about the friendliest employees you could get on monday when i was at the fair as well! Just taking the extra few seconds to say hi to the guests and talk with a few of them if time and lines permitted makes someone's day a whole lot better!