carnivalluver
Friday, July 9, 2004 8:58:48 AM
I was just wondering of an easy ride to make a model of? I have several favorites but I did not know the difficulty involved in making them with the lights and working motors and such. Any easy rides for a newbie?Thanks
BSA Mike
Friday, July 9, 2004 9:01:01 AM
Try IHC kits such as Ferris Wheel, Carousel, Spider, Octopus, Thunderbolt, Mega Dance, Break Dance you can find them at almost any local hobby shop or www.walthers.com  but your best bet for cheapest ones is probably www.ebay.com  type in "Carnival Rides"
carnivalluver
Friday, July 9, 2004 9:08:59 AM
Do the rides come painted or do you get to paint them yourself?
BSA Mike
Friday, July 9, 2004 9:28:49 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by carnivalluver

Do the rides come painted or do you get to paint them yourself?

they come pre colored, but the colors are quite hideous, so your best bet would be to paint them

check out the model section of matts site heres a direct link..

http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com/mcw/models/ 
ECZenith
Friday, July 9, 2004 12:05:39 PM
Welcome carnivalluver,

I agree with Mike, the colors the kits come molded in are awful, but you can make them your own custom design rather easily with some plastic paint.

Faller's models are typically molded in many more colors, and come out more detailed, but you should build a few IHC models before a faller kit. When you're ready for a Faller kit, try an easy one like the Breakdance. It can be built in a day and is quite detailed.

"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much room."
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, July 9, 2004 7:13:56 PM
how about after what i have done do you think i can do some rah s like thefollowing:
kami kazi
jungle train tought about trying to make it a sound wave
gaint slide
clouwn house
octopus
majestic scotter
chaos
and the ferris wheel i for got who does it but hears the call number 272-0312 and its75.00$
HUSSRAINBOW
Friday, July 9, 2004 10:05:03 PM
I want a Kamikaze soo badly, id love to motorise it too!
UserPostedImage
Matthew
Saturday, July 10, 2004 8:29:10 AM
The Jungle Train and the 312 Ferris Wheel are Faller kits and the Octopus is from IHC.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by daniel

how about after what i have done do you think i can do some rah s like thefollowing:
kami kazi
jungle train tought about trying to make it a sound wave
gaint slide
clouwn house
octopus
majestic scotter
chaos
and the ferris wheel i for got who does it but hears the call number 272-0312 and its75.00$