daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, July 29, 2004 10:16:42 PM
I have a small problem i have a chance to travell with a carnival and im wondering if i should do it since i dont reall have strings atcahed like i had before.Well i have 2 to 3 days to figor it out.

Not shore what to do.I have been thinking it over and i have talked it over with my mother she says do it. But im still not shore what to do.
Missin it
Friday, July 30, 2004 7:18:46 AM
A great Carny once told me "it's a hard way to make an easy living" with that said I will tell you that I am "off the Road" now, happily married and have 2 wonderful kids. I would NOT ever trade the years I was "ON" the road. If you have "no strings" and you enjoy the work make sure you look at all of your options but if it all shakes out GO FOR IT"

Good luck[:D]
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, July 30, 2004 8:24:17 AM
Do it daniel , i strongly suggest it . You will grow up a lot better person and a lot faster on the midway then anywhere else right now . However winter is right around the corner , so MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PLAN FOR WINTER QUARTERS , good luck !
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
BSA Mike
Friday, July 30, 2004 9:10:28 AM
and dont always trust everybody out there daniel, be aware of whos around and what they are doing...
WestCoastPat
Friday, July 30, 2004 9:30:58 AM
Daniel-What show are you thinking of going out with?
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
Boils The Clown
Friday, July 30, 2004 11:27:00 AM
RUN FOREST.......RUN !!!
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Friday, July 30, 2004 10:39:50 PM
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, July 31, 2004 3:35:42 AM
I don't think you are ready for it. Try for steady employment in your hood, get some good working skills, then decide in a year or two. The midway will eat you alive.
UserPostedImage
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, July 31, 2004 4:12:48 AM
just make sure you have enough saved ALWAYS for a buss pass home...
The place will eat you alive or make you a man.... the choice is yours good luck !
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Saturday, July 31, 2004 10:39:38 PM
[:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]im sorry you all im going to pass. Im not going to travell even though i wanted to.Just its better of if i stay hear at home.Well im going to be a little upset even more know again like every time this year becasue The carnival season is hear at home and also that im not travelling.Wa wa wa oh well im a little sad.Tomarow is my last day.[:(!][:(!][:(!] [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]
Mamatiger
Saturday, July 31, 2004 10:43:28 PM
Daniel, there's nothing wrong with being spot help, or even a 40-miler. It helps scratch the itch [:)]
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
Future_carnie
Saturday, July 31, 2004 10:56:08 PM
i think you should have chosen to go.
i regret not deciding to go back in March when i had the chance,and now i have to wait until next March before haveing that chance again.
i guess the only reason i did'nt go was because i'm only 16 right now,and well,i wanna stay in school (atleast until next year.) and my gramma convinced me to atleast wait till next year when i'm 17.

BUT I WISH I WOULD HAVE WENT.

heh. thats just my opinion though.

But hey,whatever you decide is always cool. go with your heart and you cant go wrong. [:)]

[Jen]
[:D]
Horses && Carnivals. <3
Boils The Clown
Sunday, August 1, 2004 12:35:14 AM
Where Abouts is your hometown anyway ? Depending on where your currently living, can make or break your choice ! [xx(](For Example : If I was living In the STICKS,(a.k.a.- B.F.E.) & it was 30 miles to the nearest anything , I would definitly run with the wind !!! You only live once , so live it up while you can !Besides.... Being GREEN ,and on the road , will grow HAIR on your Chest ,kinda like a carpet sample ![:0]
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Sunday, August 1, 2004 8:00:11 AM
Ya futurecarny was in the same boat a year or two ago.But know im thinking that this might be my last summer in cali so i should spend it with friends and live it up alittle. Yes i might regret it but i will have to live with it.I also want to wait a little because im 18 i think i will wait until 19 or 20.Know if i move to the east coast will i have trouble finding a good carnival?

Thanks you all, well i will make my final decision to day and more then likey its NO.
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Monday, August 2, 2004 1:34:49 AM
Well im not going to travell but i did help tear down the bees tonight.Dam was it great hard messy work and hard work.Its feels great though.I feel like right know just how i felt after the hike in in supai arizona except what im feeling the sorness is a lot less then from the supai arizona hike.