SkyDiver
  •  SkyDiver
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Thursday, July 22, 2004 4:46:11 PM
I attended the Lewis County Fair today in Lowville, New York. The midway is the Coleman Brothers Shows. The midway was very empty looking and several of the major rides were not there. Does anyone know what happened to them?

I did ask them where they were playing next:

Oneida County Fair - Boonville, NY (July 26 - August 1)

NO PLACE - August 3 - 8

Chenango County Fair - Norwich, NY (August 10 - 15)

Steuben County Fair - Bath, NY (August 17 - 22)

Tompkins County Fair - Trumansburg, NY (August 24 - 29)

The Fair itself is very small. They do have some nice exhibits. The midway and rides are beginning to show their age.
Skywheelrider
Thursday, July 22, 2004 4:53:00 PM
Please define "several;" two, three, four, more? How about a complete ride list? Did you look up Sixcat? (Look for the neon marquees on the joints.)
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, July 22, 2004 5:38:19 PM
No replacement spot for the week in August?? Interesting. As far as rides not being there, correct me if I'm wrong, but Bob Jr. left, and started his own show. Pretty sure he owned the Zipper and Orbiter, maybe 1 or 2 other pieces.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by SkyDiver

I attended the Lewis County Fair today in Lowville, New York. The midway is the Coleman Brothers Shows. The midway was very empty looking and several of the major rides were not there. Does anyone know what happened to them?

I did ask them where they were playing next:

Oneida County Fair - Boonville, NY (July 26 - August 1)

NO PLACE - August 3 - 8

Chenango County Fair - Norwich, NY (August 10 - 15)

Steuben County Fair - Bath, NY (August 17 - 22)

Tompkins County Fair - Trumansburg, NY (August 24 - 29)

The Fair itself is very small. They do have some nice exhibits. The midway and rides are beginning to show their age.

What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Jzrider0720
Thursday, July 22, 2004 5:39:42 PM
Sunday ngiht i should have a ride list for the boonville-oneida county fair. im going to the fairgrounds later in the afternoon to take some pics of coleman racked.
Tom Marks
Thursday, July 22, 2004 5:55:03 PM
Hello everyone:

I'm new to this board. I just attended the Lewis County Fair yesterday. Yes, quite a few rides are unfortunately gone from the show. I believe you are correct that their son left the show and took all his rides and games along with him.

There were several empty spots all throughout the Fairgrounds.

Sadly, this show looks as if it's going downhill. The rides look really rough. It once was a nice show, but I think hard times have finally arrived for this show.

They lost a Fair the week of August 3 - 8 somewhere in New York State and were unable to find a replacement spot.

I will be attending some more Fairs this summer and will post more info about the Fairs I visit.

cny_chris
Thursday, July 22, 2004 6:55:53 PM
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 07/22/2004 : 8:46:11 PM by SkyDiver

NO PLACE - August 3 - 8

I'll bet they show up somewhere in Central NY playing a still date. They're just not telling where, so that the competition can't beat them to it.

Quote:

quote:

Posted - 07/22/2004 : 9:55:03 PM by Tom Marks

They lost a Fair the week of August 3 - 8 somewhere in New York State and were unable to find a replacement spot.

That would be the Chemung County Fair in Horseheads, which Strates will be playing. (yeah, I know, I mentioned Chemung and Strates in the same post, shame on me, lol[;)])
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
orphaned
Friday, July 23, 2004 3:16:01 AM
OMG It's time for the Mighty Chemung County Fair....WOOO HOOO...I can't wait for the full report. I'm sure the attendance will rise dramatically, maybe 1000% because of the midway change! (just kidding)

But I must admit, with this latest report, it does sound as though there are problems at Coleman. Maybe Sixcat can shed more light on things when he gets a chance to post.
MidwayGirl
Friday, July 23, 2004 6:27:31 AM
I did walk around the midway on Wednesday. Rides missing were the Darkrides, Fun Houses, quite a few kiddie rides, Orbiter, Zipper, Star Trooper.

The rides looked like they are not being kept up and need some work done on them.

Not many people on the rides and a few didn't look like they were running.

I would say that they look worse this year then last due to all the missing rides and all the empty spots in the midway where trucks are parked now and big empty spaces are left bare.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, July 23, 2004 8:06:39 AM
Quote:

quote:

How about a complete ride list?

Diver, nothing wrong with your report, complete lists are rather boring, but the facts as you gave them are interesting.
UserPostedImage
Skywheelrider
Friday, July 23, 2004 8:11:05 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Quote:

quote:

How about a complete ride list?

Diver, nothing wrong with your report, complete lists are rather boring, but the facts as you gave them are interesting.

Oh, the great and wise Pinetar has been awakened and has spoken. Another dig at one of my posts. Say, get any good video of any carnivals lately?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, July 23, 2004 4:34:15 PM
Coleman's Star Trooper was sold last year, wasn't it? I seem to remember reading that some other show bought it, one in Pennsylvania or Maryland maybe?