archived05
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 8:37:51 AM
I'm sure that this has been asked before, but I would like to know what you think is the best carnvial ride you've been on.

My two favorites are the Zipper, and the Orbitor (aka Predator, and Typhoon).
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 8:56:51 AM
Oh boy here I go!

Allan Herschell/Chance SKY WHEEL!

THE KING OF THE MIDWAY!

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Coasterville
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 10:10:29 AM
Let me be the first to vote for the Mondial Top Scan. (Space Roller)

Other midway favorites:

The Classics:
AH Sky Wheel (and McDonough's looked so nice last fall!)
Eyerly Rock-O-Plane
Chance Zipper
Tivoli Orbiter
Wisdom Gravitron/Starship ?000
Wisdom Tornado
Watkins Tempest

The Expensive and Rare Stuff:
Wisdom Storm
Reverchon Crazy Mouse
Mondial Shake
KMG Afterburner
Fabrri Eclipse

Note: I m only counting rides that I have seen on carnival lots, although I have seen and experienced other flat rides in parks.
orphaned
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 10:26:21 AM
At one time, I'd have said the Zipper....but now, without a doubt, my favorite rides are the KMG Afterburner/Fireball type rides...I know they are tame...but there's just something about that "airtime" and the "G's" that you feel when you swoop down across the platform....and I think they look really really good too. In fact, of the three shows operating I visited this past weekend, the only ride I got on was CVS Feurball...and I lost my cap on it! LOL.
ridesicknsc
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 10:31:17 AM
Scrambler, ground mount model.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 10:38:55 AM
A.R.M Hot Wheels
BeauceCarnavalMan
Mamatiger
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:43:31 AM
Skywheel, hands down. [8D]
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
ky
  •  ky
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:46:31 AM
Kamikaze Gal
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 12:58:02 PM
The Inverter and the Ring of Fire!!!! Totally Awesome!!!![8D]
Kamikaze Gal
WCAblondie
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 1:26:46 PM
Although I LOVED riding the Space Roller this year, I was kinda ticked about the guy from Cumberland(Mike, I think) deciding to run it in 2.5 minute cycles! So, just when ya start having a blast & getting used to what the ride is like...urch! I asked him why & he said it's less likely on a shorter ride that people "woof their cookies!" & he hates clean up duty, even though he has a hose beside his ride! What a spoiled brat, I thought to myself! I had to haul water in those stupid 5 gallon buckets on every show I've worked on! Anyways, they get paid to do that right? Isn't it more important that the other 99% of us that love longer rides keep coming back for more? In my case, to satisfy my flipping hunger I just walked across the midway to the Twin Flip, and wow, did this thing give me all the flipping I could handle! You guys have to go on this if you get the chance, but I think it's the only one in N. America right now, owned by West Coast Amusements. It does go to the States though, I think it goes to Texas State Fair & a few others. Totally a great new ride with tons of excitement value!
Luv,
WCAblondie
Don't ya just love when you're T'ing up the Zipper & some kid barfs & it hits every other bucket!! Hee, hee, that's fun- gross but fun!!
WCAblondie
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 1:36:44 PM
[;)]

Oh, I forgot to ask if anyone has been on the Powersurge? I went on it 3 years ago at the PNE in Vancouver and I've never been on anything else even close to that ride! Do you guys know anything about this one? I have no idea who made it or anything, and strangely enough I've never heard or seen anything about it since! Must be pretty expensive & rare, I guess, but if anyone has info please share!

[:)]
WCAblondie
Don't ya just love when you're T'ing up the Zipper & some kid barfs & it hits every other bucket!! Hee, hee, that's fun- gross but fun!!
Matthew
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 1:44:36 PM
For me it's a tie between the Holiday Bounce and Monster.
IMPERIATOR
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 2:46:43 PM
the power surge is made by zamperla
Jay
IMPERIATOR
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 2:47:56 PM
my favorite carnival ride is the fabbri evolution
anyone else been on one? what do you think of them?
Jay
Hambone
  •  Hambone
  • 55.16% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 3:33:28 PM
It has to be the...
>Skywheel,
but also worth mentioning are the
>Yoyo and
>Sea Dragon.

Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide