ridesafe
  •  ridesafe
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Saturday, June 5, 2004 5:34:36 PM
Hopefully not too late to offer something to that topic...It seems to be a big problem that people create anonymous names and profiles on the board and come here to slander people and bash shows, etc. I know it was suggested before that only people with complete profiles be allowed to post, and that was countered with the fact that such a rule would only lead to a lot of "Robin Marks" and other such nonsense names. There are other boards that require a 24 hour wait from the point of membership submission. Some (like the yahoo chat ring) only allow members who they can validate.
Is this too much trouble, or simply not worth it? I am seriously just asking for opinions on this suggestion, not criticizing or being argumentative. I don't mind a good debate either, but why all the cowardice?
( I too, have an alias on this site, and choose to use it only for comments that I prefer not represent my employer. I know a couple of people on here know this and I just want to say that in light of this post, I understand that this fact could seem hypocritical. I will dispose of that account if rules change, but it should be said that I do not cause trouble, bash, or hide behind it.)
"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot shouting nonsense down a hole." -Adam Duritz
Matt C.
Saturday, June 5, 2004 10:32:25 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ridesafe

Hopefully not too late to offer something to that topic...It seems to be a big problem that people create anonymous names and profiles on the board and come here to slander people and bash shows, etc. I know it was suggested before that only people with complete profiles be allowed to post, and that was countered with the fact that such a rule would only lead to a lot of "Robin Marks" and other such nonsense names. There are other boards that require a 24 hour wait from the point of membership submission. Some (like the yahoo chat ring) only allow members who they can validate.
Is this too much trouble, or simply not worth it? I am seriously just asking for opinions on this suggestion, not criticizing or being argumentative. I don't mind a good debate either, but why all the cowardice?
( I too, have an alias on this site, and choose to use it only for comments that I prefer not represent my employer. I know a couple of people on here know this and I just want to say that in light of this post, I understand that this fact could seem hypocritical. I will dispose of that account if rules change, but it should be said that I do not cause trouble, bash, or hide behind it.)

Good idea, but unfortunately there is only so much we can do... I dont think a full background check on each member is necessary yet- lol, just kidding. If we had to validate each new member, what is to say who can belong and who cannot? Know what I mean? There really is no way around it.. Thanks for the suggestion though, theyre always appreciated!
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com