BSA Mike
  •  BSA Mike
  • 59.16% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, June 28, 2004 7:23:14 PM
What shows have this wheel, I know RCS has 1, anyone else know?
Matt C.
Monday, June 28, 2004 7:28:54 PM
McDonaugh's Amusements in MI has one.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, June 28, 2004 11:03:04 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

What shows have this wheel, I know RCS has 1, anyone else know?

RCS has 2 of them.
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Skywheelrider
Tuesday, June 29, 2004 2:55:16 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

McDonaugh's Amusements in MI has one.

Not only that, it is the very first one produced. Back in 2000 the McDonagh's wanted to replace their Century Wheel with an Eagle 16, but did not care for the light package on it, so they talked Patty Sullivan into redoing the light package. She (and the company) resisted at first, said it could not be done, but the McDonagh's persisted and voila, out came the Signature Wheel in 2001. It was McDonagh's wheel that was on display at the trade show that year in Gibsonton. Nice computerized light show on it. IMHO one of the more beautiful wheels available.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, June 29, 2004 4:52:28 AM
I sat across from that wheel the whole week at Gibtown. It is really beautiful, esp at twilight.
It was RCS' wheel on display that year (maybe McDonagh's was the year before) but I have photos of the wheel with the RCS logo in the center and I did a painting of it.
http://www.5centride.com/images/cammackwheel.jpg 
(And it's Patty Sullivan at Eli Bridge.)
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, June 29, 2004 6:42:44 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sue

I sat across from that wheel the whole week at Gibtown. It is really beautiful, esp at twilight.
It was RCS' wheel on display that year (maybe McDonagh's was the year before) but I have photos of the wheel with the RCS logo in the center and I did a painting of it.
http://www.5centride.com/images/cammackwheel.jpg 
(And it's Patty Sullivan at Eli Bridge.)

Oops on her name, I corrected it, that is the name that was listed in Carousel from the year the wheel was new. McDonagh's wheel was new in 2001.

EDIT: I confirmed it, it was McDonagh's Eli Signature wheel on display in Gibtown in 2001. It is listed in the April 2001 issue of Carousel Magazine and I also confirmed it with the McDonagh's. 2001 was the first year the wheel was available. Thank the McDonagh's for convincing Eli that the wheel could be built as it is.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BSA Mike
  •  BSA Mike
  • 59.16% (Neutral)
Tuesday, June 29, 2004 8:08:38 AM
that Wheel is beautiful, i'd take that over a mulligan or expo wheel any day! It doesnt have the cables to keep the wheel tohether like the old one does it?
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, June 30, 2004 3:56:20 AM
BSA Mike
  •  BSA Mike
  • 59.16% (Neutral)
Wednesday, June 30, 2004 4:03:30 AM
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, June 30, 2004 4:08:34 AM
You're welcome. So, when is Blue Sky picking up their's? lol And are you going to move it? lol lol
BSA Mike
  •  BSA Mike
  • 59.16% (Neutral)
Wednesday, June 30, 2004 5:31:22 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

You're welcome. So, when is Blue Sky picking up their's? lol And are you going to move it? lol lol

Soon and yes[;)]
crazyspin
Wednesday, June 30, 2004 4:57:09 PM
Thats a real nice looking wheel! It has much better lighting then other Eli's in my opinion. [:)]