bubbapinesole
Friday, June 4, 2004 3:14:46 PM
Sixcat's joints sound very nice. Could someone please post some pictures of them? Thanks

SKYWHEELER and BOILS THE CLOWN for moderators !!!
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, June 4, 2004 4:29:39 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sixcat

Steve & Joey, I switched from AT&T to Nextel this winter. Mostly for the direct connect. It's so handy. Do you think I'll have trouble in upstate NY with a signal? Places like Watertown, Lowville, Boonville, Walton, Rhinebeck, Fonda?

yeah bob, my nextell would not work at all in malone ny kept picking up canadian towers, but my daughter was on verizon had good signals. also had problems in walton, greenwhich and chatham ny. but no problems anywhere else. i was told nextell was tying into or using some state police towers to extend there coverage but don't know how true that is if if service will be any better this year.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, June 4, 2004 4:59:04 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bubbapinesole

Sixcat's joints sound very nice. Could someone please post some pictures of them? Thanks

Hmmmm........... Maybe..........soon. [;)]
Sixcats have nine lives
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
Friday, June 4, 2004 5:05:14 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by lotman

[quote
yeah bob, my nextell would not work at all in malone ny kept picking up canadian towers, but my daughter was on verizon had good signals. also had problems in walton, greenwhich and chatham ny. but no problems anywhere else. i was told nextell was tying into or using some state police towers to extend there coverage but don't know how true that is if if service will be any better this year.

I hope that's so. I'm a little worried about Lowville & Boonville because I have no land line there because we're with Coleman for those two weeks. Our show makes a 300 mile over night jump to MD and that's to much for me.
Sixcats have nine lives
cny_chris
Friday, June 4, 2004 7:42:09 PM
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 06/04/2004 : 6:35:55 PM by Sixcat

Do you think I'll have trouble in upstate NY with a signal? Places like Watertown, Lowville, Boonville, Walton, Rhinebeck, Fonda?

Taking a look at Nextel's coverage maps for New York:

http://www.nextel.com/cgi-bin/l...rketMap.cgi?market=mkt49 
http://www.nextel.com/cgi-bin/l...rketMap.cgi?market=mkt28 

You probably won't have much trouble in Rhinebeck, Fonda or Watertown. Boonville and Lowville are on the Route 12 corridor that they are showing service in, so probably no problem there. Walton might be your only problem, as it is far enough off the I-88 corridor that it probably won't work. Hope this helps.[:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
Friday, June 4, 2004 8:39:13 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Quote:

Taking a look at Nextel's coverage maps for New York:

http://www.nextel.com/cgi-bin/l...rketMap.cgi?market=mkt49 
http://www.nextel.com/cgi-bin/l...rketMap.cgi?market=mkt28 

You probably won't have much trouble in Rhinebeck, Fonda or Watertown. Boonville and Lowville are on the Route 12 corridor that they are showing service in, so probably no problem there. Walton might be your only problem, as it is far enough off the I-88 corridor that it probably won't work. Hope this helps.[:D]

That's not to bad. In Walton I'll have a land line so I guess I'll be OK. Thanks Chris.
Sixcats have nine lives
Missin it
Saturday, June 5, 2004 9:48:32 AM
Welcome bak Mr. Sixcat. We all kinda missed you around here.
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, June 5, 2004 10:28:31 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JW

Sixcat:
Thanks for your hospitality and the VIP golf cart tour of the midway.

Just to clarify, in my above reply, I wasn't trying to imply that I was a "VIP". Sixcat was the "VIP" - I was just along for the ride.
"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, June 5, 2004 11:02:23 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Hoffa

[teal]Hey John,
Sounds like you got spoiled. Does this mean I have to drive you around on a golfcart, too?

Nah, You can just drive me around on Frank's "Crazy Bike" (LOL).

(Speaking of crazy bikes, MCW member NJ Frank has one for sale. If anyone's interested send him a PM).

Actually, Mike, I was planning on taking up permenant residence on your show. Being the dark ride and fun house fanatic that I am, you can put me in one of the display boxes in the "Frightmare" - shine a bright light on me and I'd make a super-scary stunt. [:D]
"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
Saturday, June 5, 2004 3:49:41 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Missin it

Kinda?
Sixcats have nine lives
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
Saturday, June 5, 2004 3:50:43 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JW

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JW

Sixcat:
Thanks for your hospitality and the VIP golf cart tour of the midway.

Just to clarify, in my above reply, I wasn't trying to imply that I was a "VIP". Sixcat was the "VIP" - I was just along for the ride.

Not true. You were the VIP and next time we'll spend more time.
Sixcats have nine lives
Mamatiger
Sunday, June 6, 2004 6:59:06 AM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Missin it

Kinda?

Don't know about Missin It, but I kinda missed your opinions on things around here. UserPostedImage[;)]
Good to see you back all in one piece UserPostedImage
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
Sunday, June 6, 2004 8:12:42 AM
Oh yes, I do have opinions. Sometimes I should keep them to my self. Hmmmmm, Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. [}:)]

One opinion is. So far, this season stinks. Fairmont Park this week is a total blank. Good thing for the little 4 day spot with Oscar. Not to bad and we lost the big day. Fairmont is a black spot and the black folks don't throw darts so that's why I sent the doll over with Oscar. This week it's going to Staten Island with the Orange unit. Supposed to be a jam up spot. Only one way to find out. We go to Nassau next week.
Sixcats have nine lives
Mamatiger
Sunday, June 6, 2004 11:32:30 AM
Quote:

quote:

One opinion is. So far, this season stinks. Fairmont Park this week is a total blank. Good thing for the little 4 day spot with Oscar. Not to bad and we lost the big day. Fairmont is a black spot and the black folks don't throw darts so that's why I sent the doll over with Oscar. This week it's going to Staten Island with the Orange unit. Supposed to be a jam up spot. Only one way to find out. We go to Nassau next week.

School's out (in most places) and summer's finally here. Maybe things will start stepping up now that spring's over.
Good luck in Staten Island. [;)]
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
Missin it
Sunday, June 6, 2004 11:39:36 AM
Mamatiger I was trying to be nice and everything![:D]
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)