Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, June 3, 2004 3:40:47 AM
I am finely back and settled in. What a two weeks this has been. Having a truck break down after only going 90 miles of an 1,100 miles trip was a disaster. What started out as a fuel pump problem turned into a major engine rebuilding and trany repair to the tune of over 6K. Not to mention, I had to double from Tampa to Philly and back. Couldn't take my house trailer because I had to use that truck to get my joint trailer there for opening. As it was, they were all on location when I got there but the good people of Reithoffer put the trailer in with a fork lift 5 minutes after I arrived. Then to make things worse, I had no place to stay but since my son had a couch, my wife stayed with him and I turned right around and drove back to Tampa to wait for the truck to be repaired. My wife flew down Monday and we left Wednesday to go back with the house trailer and the repaired truck. The main problem was that truck wasn't a pickup or I could have flew back myself. Anyway, we made it in two days as I was not feeling good and had to stop more then normal. We got in just as they were closing Thursday night. My son and Gary Alberry greeted us at the gate and directed me down the midway and into the middle and got my house set up with the help of Gary's son. With only a few days left I didn't bother to run a phone line so I didn't get online.

I'm sorry I didn't get to see some of you that visited Bensalem. One of you did find me and we had a nice little visit. JW was smart and found my joints and had my son call me on the two-way. I took him around the midway on my golf cart. He showed me some pictures of his grind show that he books at some small spots around PA. I gave him a Tampa club application Be warned. If you look me up, expect me to ask you to join too. [;)]

Thanks for all the PMs while I was gone. Nice to know people are thinking about you.
Sixcats have nine lives
Carnie_Joe930
Thursday, June 3, 2004 4:55:51 AM
gruelurks
Thursday, June 3, 2004 5:49:55 AM
Welcome back ole friend, glad to see your ordeal is over for now.
Skywheelrider
Thursday, June 3, 2004 6:24:47 AM
Glad to hear things have settled down. Now maybe it will be smooth sailing, eh? Say, when are you gonna let me post the pics of your joints so everyone can see how nice they look? lol
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, June 3, 2004 7:50:18 PM
Sixcat:
It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to meet you and your Son at the PA Fair. I'm not sure who the lady was working the other joint, but she was very friendly as well. - Oh, and the cute dog too that went for the golf cart ride with us (I forget her name).
Thanks for your hospitality and the VIP golf cart tour of the midway.
Hopefully, the streak of bad luck is behind you now and the rest of the season will go great for you.
Because it can't be said enough, Here's wishing you good health, good weather and a good, prosperous season.
I agree with Chris, having seen your joints in person, I can say that your joints are beautiful- attractive, very well flashed and very brightly lit. Plus, neon trimmed marquees with nice colorful digitally printed graphics.
Sixcat, you and your family truly have a 1st. Class operation.

"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
Thursday, June 3, 2004 8:27:23 PM
Thanks to everybody for the kind words. It was good to meet JW and his Mom and I hope to meet more of you in the future.
I sure do miss my cable connection. This dial up sucks. But, it's better then not getting on line at all. Keep in touch everyone

PS
JW, the dog's mad at you for not remembering her name is Bridget. [;)]
Sixcats have nine lives
Carnie_Joe930
Thursday, June 3, 2004 8:44:36 PM
Quote:

quote:

Sixcat Posted - 06/04/2004 : 12:27:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sure do miss my cable connection. This dial up sucks. But, it's better then not getting on line at all.

What kind of setup are you using to connect? Cell phone hook-up? Other......?
And what about you, lotman? How are you connecting while on the road?
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
Friday, June 4, 2004 6:42:58 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Carnie_Joe930

Quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sure do miss my cable connection. This dial up sucks. But, it's better then not getting on line at all.

I'm in the office complex and my wife has the phone company connect our house trailer with a phone hookup every week. I get on after the show closes or when she's at lunch like now. I tried a cell phone hook up once but was to slow. Might as well have no hookup.
Sixcats have nine lives
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, June 4, 2004 7:16:57 AM
Welcome back from your journey sixcat . Sounds like some typical spring occurences on the road your way lately , glad to hear all is well .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, June 4, 2004 8:31:15 AM
Hey John,
Sounds like you got spoiled. Does this mean I have to drive you around on a golfcart, too?

Will you settle for a handtruck?
[:D]

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, June 4, 2004 8:56:14 AM
HAAA!!! [:D]
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, June 4, 2004 9:02:22 AM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

SPRINT AIRCARD. I HAD NEXTELL LAST YEAR BUT HAD PROBLEMS CONNECTING IN UPSTATE NY. SPRINT SEEMS TO BE A LITTLE FASTER THAN THE NEXTELL AIRCARD. WE'VE HAD IT FOR 2-3 MONTHS NOW AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS TO SPEAK OF SO FAR.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
Carnie_Joe930
Friday, June 4, 2004 11:15:22 AM
Quote:

quote:

lotman Posted - 06/04/2004 : 1:02:22 PM

quote:

quote:

SPRINT AIRCARD. I HAD NEXTELL LAST YEAR BUT HAD PROBLEMS CONNECTING IN UPSTATE NY. SPRINT SEEMS TO BE A LITTLE FASTER THAN THE NEXTELL AIRCARD. WE'VE HAD IT FOR 2-3 MONTHS NOW AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS TO SPEAK OF SO FAR.

I'm running a CF2031 Connection Card from Sprint. 230.4Kbps/roughly 4X faster than dial-up. Free/unlimited internet access if you have a SprintPCS cellphone and your plan is $85 or more per month.
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, June 4, 2004 11:31:15 AM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

lotman Posted - 06/04/2004 : 1:02:22 PM

quote:

quote:

I'm running a CF2031 Connection Card from Sprint. 230.4Kbps/roughly 4X faster than dial-up. Free/unlimited internet access if you have a SprintPCS cellphone and your plan is $85 or more per month.

JOE I HAVE THE PC3200 MODEL. I DON' KNOW ALL THE SPECS. I JUST KNOW I CAN GET ON THE INTERNET.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
Friday, June 4, 2004 2:35:55 PM
Steve & Joey, I switched from AT&T to Nextel this winter. Mostly for the direct connect. It's so handy. Do you think I'll have trouble in upstate NY with a signal? Places like Watertown, Lowville, Boonville, Walton, Rhinebeck, Fonda?
Sixcats have nine lives