Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, April 12, 2004 8:25:45 AM
I just heard this morning Ed Gregory died yesterday. News stations are checking into details and I'll post a link as soon as I get one.
I verified with AB and it is true. No details yet.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, April 12, 2004 8:31:47 AM

Not another scott post (inside joke)
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, April 12, 2004 8:43:07 AM
If he did truly die yesterday (this is not the first time he has supposibly died on this website).

I feel bad if he did truly pass away. It was a hard last couple of years for him.

www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
BSA Mike
Monday, April 12, 2004 8:49:04 AM
its true, i heard heart attack in his sleep or something to that extent
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
Monday, April 12, 2004 8:57:06 AM
For the record,I would never post something of this nature without checking it out. Tom Powell at AB verified that Ed died and they were friends. I could not find out any details yet. The newspapers and TV stations were still working on the story this morning so nothing's been posted online. I had heard a week ago that Ed was very ill, but I had seen him at Gibtown and he looked healthy.
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
Monday, April 12, 2004 9:01:46 AM
TP just called me back. Ed had been sick since the Fla state fair.
Funeral is Wed here near Nashville. I'll post the link when I can get it.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, April 12, 2004 9:15:26 AM
WOW , talk about almost " going out horizonal " .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, April 12, 2004 9:17:30 AM
So i guess he aint bouncin back from this one ?!
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Skywheelrider
Monday, April 12, 2004 9:29:44 AM
Wow. I pray his heart was in the right place, if you know what I mean. [V]

Still, I guess now we can put to rest the talk of his "comeback."

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, April 12, 2004 9:40:01 AM
WOW, Thinking of Ed Gregory dying brings up mixed emotions. Mixed emotions? Oh, that's watching your Mother in law drive off a cliff in your brand new BMW.
Sixcats have nine lives
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 12, 2004 9:57:01 AM
There probably was much partying at the FSF, too much food, wining and dining.
To easy to plug the arteries, you are what you eat. Who will we love to hate now?
UserPostedImage
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
Monday, April 12, 2004 10:38:06 AM
orphaned
Monday, April 12, 2004 10:57:00 AM
Well, I guess I'll assume my place at the front of the line. I was wrong.......although I don't think anyone counted on this being the outcome.

For the record, Sue would NOT post anything that she didn't have 99% reason to believe was true....and as you all saw, she backed it up. Although for everyone else, I can understand the "hesitancy" since a rumor like this made the rounds here about two years ago right now.

Although I had no "dog" in the fight over what happened on his show or how he ran things, my sympathies do go out to his family and those who cared about him. It's never easy to lose someone from your family.

And at least he wasn't a drug pusher or "burnout".
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 12, 2004 1:38:40 PM
[:D] Better late than never.[;)]
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 12, 2004 1:50:03 PM
St Peter will be standing tall, ding cup in his mitts, there is one hole left. Does he want first on the right or last on the left? He should have some HO ready, he'll need it. Oh wait, it's going to be an auction, it's nearly first of May and he's coming up a little short. Sorry, go see satan, his lot man has a prime loc by the doniker, Hey, water, lights & space is included.
UserPostedImage