KevSpins2
  •  KevSpins2
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Saturday, April 10, 2004 6:58:31 PM
From my experience It seems to me that these are the best.

Chance - Inverter

Chance - CHAOS

Fabbri - Booster (MY FAVORITE RIDE)

Fabbri - Mega Drop

Fabbri - Hardrock(owned by RCS) man this one hurt but you couldn't get out.

KMG - TANGO (MY FAVORITE HARNESS)

KMG - EXPERIENCE

KMG - SPIN OUT/ MOVE IT

Kamikaze - although this ride looks junky, it is almost impossible to get out of the harness and the cage.

what is everybody's FAVORITE?
ride design is my specialty
crazyspin
Saturday, April 10, 2004 7:03:10 PM
personaly, I like good old lap bar! [:D]
OTSR are good too. I really don't like the Tango's Restriants. Its a little to small. It would also be much better if it wasn't a Bicycle seat! lol.
BSA Mike
Saturday, April 10, 2004 7:09:04 PM
KevSpins2
  •  KevSpins2
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Saturday, April 10, 2004 7:22:27 PM
hahaha bsa mike.

I loved the restraints on the tango, didn't catch my balls or anything. the whole idea for that type of harness was pretty clever.

anywho... I like over the shoulder restraints cause they are safer. I've designed a couple of harnesses on autocad and it would be physically impossible to get out.
KevSpins2
  •  KevSpins2
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Saturday, April 10, 2004 7:41:36 PM
whoops.... can't forget

Zamperla - Mixer, Hawk, and Rotoshake.

the harnesses with the double locking pin system. (the accident with the Hawk was 100% operator error)

RideMan
Saturday, April 10, 2004 7:41:44 PM
Well, yesterday I rode a ride that has shoulder bars where the shoulder bar is so poorly designed that I could barely get the safety belt to latch because the pivot point is too low. And it's a good thing the safety belt is there, because had I slid forward a little on the seat, I could drop right out from under the bar. Pathetic.

Personally, I think shoulder bars are contraindicated on almost all rides. If a ride is gonna hang me upside down, I'd much prefer a lap bar to a shoulder bar. Take a ride on a Ring of Fire and a Kamikaze and see which one is a more comfortable way to hang upside down.

Anyway, when a secure restraint is called for, as when hanging upside down, I rather like the Eyerly belt-bar. Otherwise, keep it simple. And if the ride feels like it is going to throw you down the midway...well, it's an amusement ride...it's SUPPOSED to be a little frightening. So long as it *doesn't* send you sailing down the lot, of course. Ride ops have enough to do without having to chase down their patrons to get those extra tickets...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
KevSpins2
  •  KevSpins2
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Saturday, April 10, 2004 9:12:43 PM
well... im not sure i've been on the right ring of fire? the one I went on had over the shoulder restraints.

http://www.larsonintl.co...s/images/fireseats72.jpg 

anywho, the Kamikaze and the ring of fire were basically the same harness feeling, which caused me no pain.

I think your taking about the old ring of fire, but i haven't been on it, the only ride that goes upside down with a lap bar that I've been on was a High Roller (Larson Crazy Train). I was so disoreiented that I was grabbing the bar as tight as I could.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Saturday, April 10, 2004 10:07:06 PM
Favroite harness is the tango?? Dude, I am still trying to pry my jewels out from the FSF. I like the round up harnesses, a nice simple chain.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
HUSSRAINBOW
Saturday, April 10, 2004 10:12:15 PM
Rainbow Lap Bar, lol only being cos its the most comfortable out of the lot, I can't stand Ali Baba, ya dont get very good airtime
UserPostedImage
KevSpins2
  •  KevSpins2
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Sunday, April 11, 2004 7:07:02 AM
Ya I like The Huss Rainbow.

Ryan - I don't understand what everyone is talking about, it didn't smash my balls or my friends, so im not sure?¿?

Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, April 11, 2004 8:49:43 AM
My favorite harness to get off is a bra. What? you mean ride harness? Oh, never mind. [;)]
Sixcats have nine lives
jokerkat
Mamatiger
Sunday, April 11, 2004 11:54:44 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

I like the round up harnesses, a nice simple chain.

Gotta agree with Ryan on this one...[:D]
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, April 11, 2004 11:59:25 AM
I like all restaraints that keep you in.I defantantly like the, i think you call it buterfly restaraint like the tangos.
orphaned
Sunday, April 11, 2004 3:01:57 PM
Heck, I dunno...I kinda like that "chain" that goes across you on the Round Up....if that thing were to stop somehow straight up in the air on its end, I imagine that chain would hold me in!