Bossman
  •  Bossman
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Saturday, April 10, 2004 5:23:50 PM
What in the world would you post such a website on MCW? If I were in charge of this site, I would band you from MCW for years. I guess you think it's funny, but I'm sure you haven't seen the true side of life. Man, you need some serious help, NOW.
crazyspin
Saturday, April 10, 2004 5:26:08 PM
Yea! That site is just Sick! Real Sick! [xx(]
Who would look at such a site! [xx(]
Skywheelrider
Saturday, April 10, 2004 5:41:59 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crazyspin

Yea! That site is just Sick! Real Sick! [xx(]
Who would look at such a site! [xx(]

Obviously you did! lol [;)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, April 10, 2004 5:43:00 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bossman

What in the world would you post such a website on MCW? If I were in charge of this site, I would band you from MCW for years. I guess you think it's funny, but I'm sure you haven't seen the true side of life. Man, you need some serious help, NOW.

Where to start. You aren't in charge of MCW, so it is pointless to tell us what you would do if you were.

Mick gave fair warning that the pictures on the site were "Somewhat extremely graphic". Also stating "Pretty morbid site; don't eat before going there."

You are a big boy, you knew full well what was contained within any of the links you clicked on that site. If you pass judgment on Mick for posting the link, saying that he "needs some help", perhaps you should ask yourself why you were so compelled to view those images after knowing what they contained. Maybe you too, "need some help"

Hypocrite.

UserPostedImage

Tizim
  •  Tizim
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Saturday, April 10, 2004 5:44:32 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bossman

I think he posted that in regards to the harsh reality of a ride accident not to be sick a picture speaks a thousand words!!!
I also think the point being made here is-dont let this happen to you
be aware of whats going on around you and keep your loose clothing tucked in-for instance: you would'nt lean over the front of your car
with a baggy shirt on so the fan blades can grab hold of it would you!!
Time?? Is it the wheel that turns,or the track it leaves behind???
*~Tizim~*
gruelurks
Saturday, April 10, 2004 5:47:17 PM
Oh c'mon, give me a break.

For one, I am not a regular visitor of that site. I only came across it via an email link from my friend.

Two, I didn't think it was tasteless, and I posted a warning about the content of the pic.

Three, I don't think it is funny at all. Thinking back, my topic title was in poor taste, that I admit, but I chose not to edit it because I live with my mistakes.

Four, if anything, it goes to show that machines have no conscious, and that they can snatch you up in a moment without any warning.

To Pinetar, my apologies if I offended you. It appeared to be an ancient picture, and given your prolific nature of posting the old and rare, I took liberty with the topic. My sincerest apologies.

To the rest of the board, if you found that offensive, I apologize as well. I truly do not take delight in the suffering of others.

Bossman, thanks for giving me my first flame ever, lol.
crazyspin
Saturday, April 10, 2004 5:52:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by gruelurks

For one, I am not a regular visitor of that site. I only came across it via an email link from my friend.

WHEW! You scared me for a second! lol.
Ohio Ron
  •  Ohio Ron
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, April 10, 2004 6:16:16 PM
I see no need for gruelurks to apologize. He gave fair warning to what you were going to see, and it is a good reminder to anyone working around machinery of what can happen if you're not careful. He didn't recommend checking out the rest of the site. I feel this was an unfair attack on gruelurks.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, April 10, 2004 6:22:25 PM
I took no offense, I've seen some nasties on the web before and prefer not to look. I read the intro and simply chose. I know someone who lost both legs while sitting on the sweeps of a mgr and had them torn up in the sister gears. He sat with his ding cup out by the doniker, every year at the fair.
UserPostedImage
LuckyStar
Saturday, April 10, 2004 6:28:06 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ohio Ron

I see no need for gruelurks to apologize. He gave fair warning to what you were going to see, and it is a good reminder to anyone working around machinery of what can happen if you're not careful. He didn't recommend checking out the rest of the site. I feel this was an unfair attack on gruelurks.

He also told us to copy and paste his link because if we just clicked on it this would take us to the site...so you did not even have to visit the site....just the pic he wanted to share with us all...to know how sick the site was some other invetigation must have been done on the site.
BSA Mike
Saturday, April 10, 2004 6:30:47 PM
hey ..he put a warning, if you chose to click on it its your fault, and this is a carnival related board..is it not? ..and that is carnival related...is it not?
Bossman
  •  Bossman
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Saturday, April 10, 2004 6:36:01 PM
I have seen and done things that I haven't told my mother, father, wife, children or friends about. Until you experienced the sight and smell of death and dying, the taste of your buddy's blood in your month, you don't know crap. gruelurk's post has no place on MCW and if in your opinion it does it only shows what little value you have for your fellow man.
punkboysa18
Saturday, April 10, 2004 11:08:03 PM
[xx(]... This thread is really uncalled for... He posted a "disclaimer" and an open apology, what else do yall want? He didn't say click here, you'll find Barney. Chill out. I personally get sick to my stomach with sites like rotten.com and this one so I chose not to look at it. Easy as that.[;)]
gruelurks
Saturday, April 10, 2004 11:17:51 PM
Bossman: I can respect your opinions. I truly hope I never have to go through anything as traumatic as the events you infer in your post. I didn't consider the impact that a graphic image such as that could cause someone, and I hope it did not adversely affect you.
archived01
Sunday, April 11, 2004 1:00:29 AM
Hey if anything it shows just how serious working around a ride is. I get so mad when I see guys riding the bull plates or walking close to the wipeout cars while the ride is running. If that picture makes one ride operator change his or her behavior while working on a ride and makes them think about being safe instead of trying to show off than I think the post was worth it. I have seen guys get hurt seriously one was my first man when I started in the business. I can understand how people have such strong feelings on this. A very close friend almost died and lost his leg on the gravitron durring teardown and it realy messed me up but I learned something from that I lock out and tag out every ride I work on when in the center wheather it be for maintenance, inspection, setup or teardown. Another guy I know got hit in the head with the Ibeam on the flying bobs and messed him up for a long time. So I now wear a hard hat during setup and teardown. My point is I think we all can learn from stuff like this if it's in the right content. I personaly don't think there was anything wrong with the post it's self but I do think the title was in bad taste. The guy apologized for the title and I can except that and I think everyone else should as well we all make mistakes, the key is to learn from them.

just my 2 cents