Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, March 29, 2004 3:37:47 PM
Anyone hear about Chance building a double deck Carousel? This is a link to N.J.'s type certification page. Scroll down to Chance and you'll see it listed. That means someone in N.J. will be getting one soon.

http://www.state.nj.us/d...tyunit/rtc_ride_list.pdf 
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

LONNOL
Monday, March 29, 2004 3:51:54 PM
Chance signed a contract with Westfield Shopping Centers (http://www.westfield.com/us/centres/) for a series of double-decker carousels all across the country.

Adam
www.flatrides.com : Pimp-slapping you with all your flat ride needs.
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, March 29, 2004 4:42:23 PM
I figured you would of had the answer. After I posted I wondered if it was a Morgan product, or did they only do coasters?
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

TopSpinJay
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 12:45:07 AM
in my opinion the onlything chance does do right is carousels
You'll miss us when were gone....
LONNOL
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 5:23:28 AM
As far as I know Morgan never produced carousels. I think Westfield came to Chance with the concept because they are known for producing a low-cost carousel in a fast turn-around time and basically asked Chance if they could produce X number of carousels within a certain time frame to fit a certain budget. Really it seems as if the carousels and CP Huntington trains are really what have kept Chance going since the Slingshot, Chaos and Inverter have not been long-term sellers after thier initial burst in popularity.

Adam
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 5:39:22 AM
The only new ride I knew Chance was going to come out with was a portable "Spinning Coaster" I'm sure an american version of the Crazy Mouse.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 5:45:31 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by LONNOL

Chance signed a contract with Westfield Shopping Centers (http://www.westfield.com/us/centres/) for a series of double-decker carousels all across the country.

Adam

There's one here at our Westfield Mall , i believe they get two bucks a whack . I'll get a picture here soon .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
LONNOL
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 9:13:10 AM
I heard about their Spinning Coaster. Have any stats. been released on it?

Adam
RideMan
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 1:58:33 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by LONNOL

As far as I know Morgan never produced carousels. (...)

I believe Morgan built the CaroSeussEl at Islands of Adventure. I seem to also recall that they suffered a devastating fire at their glass shop while that ride was under construction, and lost some molds or something. Hmmm...I think it's in the Almanac somewhere...

...Uh, yeah. Here it is...

April 9--
       1997:  An after-hours fire destroys the Fiberglas shop building at 
              Morgan Manufacturing, LaSelva Beach, California.  No one was 
              hurt, but two clay carousel figure sculptures were destroyed, 
              along with several carousel parts and a trade-show booth.
(from The Roller Coaster Almanac)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
crazyspin
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 3:48:06 PM
I thought Bertazzon built the Caroseussel at IOA!
LONNOL
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 3:52:50 PM
You're right Dave...I had the ole' brain fart. But, I don't think Morgan did a lot of them.

Adam
Fly_By_Night_Carnie
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 5:35:25 PM
Never been on one... They must be really nice.

Retired but missing it...
"The hussle hard but we have to enterprise..."-Wycleaf Jean-

"For all your travel needs ... just give me a click"
RideMan
Wednesday, March 31, 2004 1:34:07 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crazyspin

I thought Bertazzon built the Caroseussel at IOA!

Well, somewhere around here I have the photograph of the CaroSeussEl ...uh... critter that was parked in the Morgan booth at IAAPA whatever year that was.

I get the distinct impression that if you see a ride and have absolutely no clue who built it, there's a good chance it came from Morgan. [:D]

Actually I am just remembering how surprised I was to learn that they had built the transportation system for Kings Island's dark ride (Phantom Theater, now Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion).

--Dave Althoff, Jr.