orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, March 29, 2004 10:28:21 AM
Hey Britt, Eli and any of you all close to Myrtle Beach...although this may be old news, I just ran up on a tidbit on line about the possibility of the land the Pavilion is on being sold and the park moving...??? Any news?

britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, March 29, 2004 3:49:02 PM
been rumored that it was going to broadway at the beach but with the new park coming in i have not heard anything lately. will be going in the next two or three weeks. gotta cut on the water and mow the weeds.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 2:52:18 AM
I haven't heard bryan , although last year there was the Hard Rock Cafe theme park rumor , may have somethin' to do w/ that . I'll see what i can find out .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 7:09:56 AM
I saw where the Hard Rock Cafe theme park has been pushed back a couple of more years. The info I got was from SCREAMSCAPE.COM and it was from late 2003....somethign about a couple of potential prospects looking to buy the Pavilion property and how it was probably the "choicest" property in Myrtle Beach...but there was nothing after about November written about it so I didnt' know if the whole thing died or what.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 7:26:49 AM
that has been a feature of myrtle beach for as long as i can remember. there was a discussion about expanding it in the present location but those plans were put on hold. imo there is nothing to put there to draw people like the pavilion but that is prime property. i normally ride thru once ot twice during the summer to remind me of why i do not frequent the area. tooooooooo congested for me. nice park tho. even if they are charging admission now. i will stay on the north end shagging the night away or riding the waters.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 8:19:19 AM
I too thought they put that deal on the back burner bryan . I'm with britt ,it was fun in H.S. but those days are long gone .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 10:07:59 AM
Britt, if I'm not mistaken, they dropped the admission charge last year. I was there in September over Labor Day weekend and we walked through and all around the rides and everything...they were selling armbands/tickets like they used to. Seems I read they dropped the admission charge...at least they weren't charging it that weekend...