squirrel
Saturday, March 13, 2004 12:59:36 PM
I have posted the beginnings of the FAQ for getting started with the rideguy.com chatroom here:
http://www.rideguy.com/f.../topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4829 

This is rough, but it should get everyone started. WE are still working on a Mac version, so Mac users might be able to help us a little here as we get you connected as well.

BE PATIENT WITH THE FAQ PAGE -- There are a lot of images on it and they will take a little to load. They're DETAILED quality so everyone can read them (I hope).
squirrel
Saturday, March 13, 2004 3:31:49 PM
Updated for Mac users:
http://www.ircle.com  . This is for Mac users only, but seems to be fairly up to date, and should help you some as you try to get connected.

I don't know how to configure it for a Mac, but you will need this information:

IRC Network: DALNet (dal.net)
IRC Server: jade.va.us.dal.net (or any other US DALNet server)
IRC Port: 6667, 6668, or 6669 will work (6667 is default - try first)
IRC Channel: #rideguy.com

That, along with the help files from the ircle.com website should get our Mac users connected too. Good luck and hope to see you there!
squirrel
Saturday, March 13, 2004 3:40:01 PM
UPDATED FOR WINDOWS USERS WHO HAVE mIRC INSTALLED

You can now click or use this link:
irc://jade.va.us.dal.net/rideguy.com 
to connect to the rideguy.com chatroom.

You must be using mIRC or a client that supports irc:// protocol to use this link. (most likely does not work with a Mac -- sorry).

cny_chris
Thursday, March 25, 2004 4:38:48 PM
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 03/13/2004 : 8:40:01 PM by secret.squirrel

UPDATED FOR WINDOWS USERS WHO HAVE mIRC INSTALLED

You can now click or use this link:
irc://jade.va.us.dal.net/rideguy.com
to connect to the rideguy.com chatroom.

You must be using mIRC or a client that supports irc:// protocol to use this link. (most likely does not work with a Mac -- sorry).

If you are having trouble getting in with the link posted above, try one of these servers:

[url]irc://mesra.kl.my.dal.net/rideguy.com[/url]
[url]irc://matrix.de.eu.dal.net/rideguy.com[/url]

If you are still having trouble, PM me, and I;ll see what I can do to help.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy