pinkfluff
Tuesday, March 16, 2004 5:44:42 AM
Well I'm new to this so bare with me.
Gibtown is winding down, one more week for the club to be open. Carnies are already out making money and it won't be long til they hit the road for good for the summer.
My son has hooked up our game trailers and ready to leave for the road himself. I'll be staying in most of the summer, just to visit with him once in awhile and see how the rest of the carneys are doing.
I wish everyone a good summer, make lots of money and bring it home so we can enjoy our winter. I hope the gas prices would go down instead of going up which is what its doing now.
reporting from Gibtown this is pinkfluff
sweet baby
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, March 16, 2004 6:25:47 AM
Sounds like spring has sprung your way pinkfluff , thanx for the update , not too much longer guys and gals !!!!!
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, March 16, 2004 3:11:38 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by pinkfluff

Well I'm new to this so bare with me.
Gibtown is winding down, one more week for the club to be open. Carnies are already out making money and it won't be long til they hit the road for good for the summer.
My son has hooked up our game trailers and ready to leave for the road himself. I'll be staying in most of the summer, just to visit with him once in awhile and see how the rest of the carneys are doing.
I wish everyone a good summer, make lots of money and bring it home so we can enjoy our winter. I hope the gas prices would go down instead of going up which is what its doing now.
reporting from Gibtown this is pinkfluff

One other thing Pinkfluff you hot babe you. 😉 You didn't mention the Tampa club. It is also winding down after a most successful winter. Our functions there were well attended this year and we even had standing room only at the annual ladies talent show the night of the installation. Also, I know where you were Monday night. At the Tampa club enjoying the corned beef dinner right beside me. Good wasn't it? 🙂 BTW, we are working on a web site for the Tampa club. It will take time because we need to get it right. I'm sitting down with a couple of charter members next week and getting started on the history of this great club. Don't worry gang, when it's done I'll link it up for you.
Sixcats have nine lives
Majestic Fan1982
Tuesday, March 16, 2004 6:19:02 PM
Not spring here in Pennsylvania just yet, right now i have 3 inches of snow in my back yard and more snow coming Thursday night into Friday. My 1st area carnival for me opens in 8 more days. Hope everything warms up by then
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, March 17, 2004 2:31:54 AM
Same here in Southeastern Michigan with the snow. Snowed all day Tuesday, ended up with about 3-4" where I am at. Right now McDonagh's Amusements is setting up inside the Pontiac Silverdome for the Indoor Super Fair, which opens this Friday and runs through 28 March. Then it is outdoors from the beginning of April all the way to mid-October! Whoo hoo! [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
pinkfluff
Wednesday, March 17, 2004 5:18:31 PM
[green][/green
well my good friend sixcat is right I forgot to mention the greater tampa showmens club. Its a great club to be a member of. I went tonight and we had corn beef and cabbage, Really really worth the trip fellow showmen, our good friends Sherry Bolin and Tony z.
did the cooking and I tell you it was some good stuff. Also Florida strawberrys, mmmmm.
We are having very nice weather here in Gibtown, Ruskin, Tampa area.
Some shows are out now making a buck. Sixcat is in Sarasota,I know tip top has their stuff out somewhere, I sure do miss playing wisconsin with them. They are a nice family type show to go with, their operation is out of Waupaca, and also winter in Riverview fl.
Its a medium size show, the type I enjoy going with.
I better wind down, oh I wanted to mention, this Sunday is the Tampas club barbaque, hope to see some of you there.
Pinkfluff sending you word from Gibtown.
sweet baby
pinkfluff
Monday, March 22, 2004 5:50:04 PM
Gibtown club is now closed for the summer. But the offices will be open I beleive 3 days a week. If I am correct its Monday, wednesday and Friday from 10 to 5 pm. There is a web site for the club.
Any information you can call the office which the number is 677-3590.
Gibtown is where my heart is. I love this place, better people you can't find anywhere. The club is building a museum, to be opened in the future. There is a building started on Riverview drive in Gibsonton, Riverview area.
Joe Royal is the president of the museum corporation.
This museum is such a good thing, to preserve our carnival, circus past. To keep the memorys of shows no longer here and ones still here. Of circuses in the past and the present, of games, rides, people. This museum was my deceased husbands dream, he never got to see it finished, but I hope I do. We have a good start on it and it will be something wonderful.
If anyone would like any more information on the museum, or the club, just drop me a line. I would be happy to hear from you and any comements you have to say.
My wish for all you carnies out there is make lots of money this summer, and come home safe.
I will miss you all. God bless.[:I]
sweet baby
orphaned
Tuesday, March 23, 2004 2:52:19 AM
pinkfluff....I get to visit ONE time a year during the trade show and Gibtown is one of my favorite places as well. There's just something in the air....although I've never been "with it", I've always been "for it" and there is somehow some sort of connection that I feel with Gibtown. It's hard to explain. I guess it's because where so many of the hard working men and women that I have admire for their grit, determination and love for the industry call home. There truly is no other place like Gibtown in the world. Even though I'm not "with it" yet, I someday will be....but for now, it's nice to visit once a year and be welcomed there and never rejected.

Also, the museum building is MOST impressive. I cannot wait to see it open. I can stay in the "house" museum now and browse for hours...I'm sure one will be able to stay twice as long once the new one is operational. I cannot wait.
pinkfluff
Tuesday, March 23, 2004 5:13:29 AM
Message Preview
Bryan-
you are right, there is something special about Gibtown you find no where else. You can drive down Gibsonton drive, that is where my property is and see rides set up in the yard, you can see people preparing their equipment to go out, back end shows set up, some of the fronts painted by browning, some by other famous painters, etc. You might even see a elephant or a horse or two, nothing surprises us in Gibsonton. You can go to showtown bar on 41 and have a beer or two, browning painted that front, and jack pot with the carnies inside. Gibtown just makes you feel welcome, in the past when I get back to fl and see that sign that says hillsoborough co. I know I am home, and I get that warm happy feeling.
There are many carnival winter quarters on Nundy ave. too.
If you ever want to visit what you call the house museum, thats our older one for now during the winter time, Dick Brewer is in charge of that, and you can call the club and make an appointment to visit and see all the carnival displays we have showing. There are pictures of the old shows and carnival people, there are displays of some of the old games that are no longer around, their are costumes of the giant, who no longer is with us, just many many interesting displays. I could never even touch the beginning of what you can see over there.
The museum house right now is closed as the club is closed for the winter, but will reopen when the club does, sometime late October or early November.
I'm staying in off the road this year for the first time in over 40 years. I'm sure I will get in my car once in awhile and visit my son at some of his spots in Ga. and Tenn.
But when I get lonely I'll just go to showtown resturant and have breckfast and jack pot with a few other retired show people.
So anyone gets lonely and wants to chat, thats where I'll meet ya, just drop me a line. Have a great summer. This is pinkfluff reporting from Gibsonton.

sweet baby
orphaned
Tuesday, March 23, 2004 6:19:06 AM
Pinkfluff...you are so right. We've been down to Gibtown many times and I always find something different every time I go into the museum house. And no trip to Gibtown is complete without going over to Nundy and visiting with Myers, JCJ and some of the other shows around there....not to mention Mulligan....and Reithoffer just down the road.....cant' wait to get back down there in 05!
pinkfluff
Tuesday, March 23, 2004 8:14:12 AM
Bryon
Myers is the show my son goes with. Very good people, and a very nice family oriented show. Mulligan always has a ride they are building up in their winter quarters. I loved always seeing the big wheel when they had it up. My friend sixcat goes with Reithoffer blue, his wife works in the insurance office.
Also peewee Hoskins has his winter quarters on Nundy, tip top shows, Freddy fonderhyde, (not sure how he spells it), thumberg, and many more. When you come to the trade show 05 visit me at the grab eatting stand outside the big building in back. It will be nice to meet you.
This year the 05 trade show will only be 4 days instead of six. It will open wednesday through Saturday. See you at the trade show.[:X]
sweet baby
orphaned
Tuesday, March 23, 2004 10:33:51 AM
I've probably bought more than one sausage from you back there over the past couple/three years, Pink. Does your son travel with Bobby or Gloria's unit of Myers? They play all around KY...let me know who he is and I'll be sure to say hi to him this spring. They should make it up into my area around end of May/First of June
pinkfluff
Tuesday, March 23, 2004 11:22:35 AM
bryan
My son name is Gordon Sanders, he moves the alphine Bob, and travels on Glorias unit.
He has games on the show also.
So when he gets to your town, ask for him and say hello.
See you at Gibtown trade show.
sweet baby
cny_chris
Tuesday, March 23, 2004 12:29:11 PM
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 03/23/2004 : 07:52:19 AM by Bryan

pinkfluff....I get to visit ONE time a year during the trade show and Gibtown is one of my favorite places as well. There's just something in the air....although I've never been "with it", I've always been "for it" and there is somehow some sort of connection that I feel with Gibtown. It's hard to explain. I guess it's because where so many of the hard working men and women that I have admire for their grit, determination and love for the industry call home. There truly is no other place like Gibtown in the world. Even though I'm not "with it" yet, I someday will be....but for now, it's nice to visit once a year and be welcomed there and never rejected.

You hit it right on the head, Bryan. 2004 marked my first trip to Gibtown. That feeling you get driving down Gibsonton Drive, then rounding the corner on 41 on to the bridge and glimpsing the Trade Show is almost magical. It's a unique place, and I kept finding myself drawn back to visit.
Quote:

quote:

Also, the museum building is MOST impressive. I cannot wait to see it open. I can stay in the "house" museum now and browse for hours...I'm sure one will be able to stay twice as long once the new one is operational. I cannot wait.

Spent quite a bit of time at the museum. The collection on display is quite interesting, and the stories of the volunteers are very informative and insightful. I can only imagine what is not on display, but is part of the museum's collection. The new building is a big WOW, surely it will impress all once it is open, and the Conderman Ferris Wheel is set up in the center.

Oh well, only a little over 10 months left until Gibtown '05. Hope to see everyone there![:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, March 23, 2004 1:01:57 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by pinkfluff
This year the 05 trade show will only be 4 days instead of six. It will open wednesday through Saturday. See you at the trade show.[:X]

Is it official yet? I know the manufacturers wanted to shorten it but the club resisted the idea.

Can I use your name for my membership application?

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.