squirrel
Friday, March 12, 2004 11:13:35 AM
<s>It's Open -- Check out the News Page  for more details. The Chat Room can be found in a button up by the top of almost any page on rideguy.com.

I decided that for as much as it's going to get beat on, and how much I charge for access to my site, I might as well get a free one on a managed server for now. Everyone wants it, and it seems to run ok. There's information coming soon on how people can donate to remove the advertising, popups, etc from it by donating to rideguy.com for the site management. I don't have that part setup yet, but it will be in place before I leave for the summer. </s>

[-- EDITED 03.13.2004 -- 04.30PM CST(GMT-0600) --]
The above information is no longer valid. Details can be found further down in the thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.
[-- EDITED 03.13.2004 -- 04.30PM CST(GMT-0600) --]

For what it's worth, I will usually announce when I'll be in the chatroom (including during group meetings there by people here or wherever). This way I have some verification in case someone tries to impersonate me there because there is no 'login' means... Sorry.

Anyways -- there it is -- Tear it up. It won't affect rideguy.com's servers because it is an outsourced chat system.

Don't forget -- we do have a new links database up there as well, and it needs links submitted -- still looking for more webshots galleries and other things.
carnivalangel14
Friday, March 12, 2004 11:54:02 AM
For some reason, I cant get the chat to work.

~V~
*_ Agility~ My anti drug!!_*
cny_chris
Friday, March 12, 2004 12:14:38 PM
Just went over and logged in without a problem. The applet took a little bit to load, but I'm downloading Pinetar's latest video at the same time.

Give us a step by step of what happens, and someone should be able to troubleshoot for you!

Anyone who is on right now, c'mon over and chat, I'll be checking that window periodically!
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
cny_chris
Friday, March 12, 2004 12:53:51 PM
Seems to be working fine, just had a short chat with a Guest, and things appear to be ok.

When are we gonna have the inaugural chat session for all of us regulars? Post what's a good day and time, and we'll figure out something!

Thanks, squirrel!![:D][:D]

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
squirrel
Friday, March 12, 2004 1:00:02 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by carnivalangel14

For some reason, I cant get the chat to work.

~V~

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com ). If it still fails, you will probably have to download a new Java Machine (either the MS-Virtual Machine or the Sun Java Machine -- There are links in my news site to download (last resort measure).
squirrel
Friday, March 12, 2004 2:00:40 PM
-- BTW, I'll be in there off and on tonight --
LuckyStar
Friday, March 12, 2004 4:11:19 PM
I got in no problem.....pretty neat if ya ask me 🙂 I like talking "live" to people....LOL
warren from orlando
Friday, March 12, 2004 4:49:55 PM
guess I've got to read the directions better. Was able to access the room and see what was there but couldn't find the send button. I'll keep trying over the next few days to figure it out. Us old guys are not the most computer literate

Warren
cny_chris
Friday, March 12, 2004 4:51:26 PM
no send button, just type at the bottom and hit return....

squirrel
Friday, March 12, 2004 5:04:24 PM
At this point, I've removed the chatroom link from my site because there are problems with people who act like children. No telling when it will return. I am setting up an irc chatroom currently as we speak on irc.

The information is as follows:
Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
install and connect to a Random DALNet Server
join #rideguy.com

If I'm there, the username will be @secretsquirrel

Enjoy.
squirrel
Friday, March 12, 2004 6:17:58 PM
The chatroom is now open and registered at DAL.net -- there are some auto-ops already present. Members can also try the web interface at www.dal.net  (but we recommend mIRC instead -- much faster)!
WestCoastPat
Saturday, March 13, 2004 9:23:11 AM
Hey S.S.-I much enjoyed the chat last night-Are you kidding me-already off because of idiots? It is so hard to believe that even talking live to each other people can't be kewl.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, March 13, 2004 9:24:41 AM
Boy,.... That didn't last long.

I guess I won't get any faster typing now.

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, March 13, 2004 9:25:30 AM
I have to use a mac version of irc, all greek to me.
Do I select any dal server?
Where do i put #rideguy.com?
UserPostedImage
cny_chris
Saturday, March 13, 2004 10:42:19 AM
Unfortunately, someone decided to spoil it for everyone else at the Rideguy chat room at Bravenet. But, the irc chat worked even better, and no annoying popups to boot.

So when we all gonna get together to chat?