Carnevil
  •  Carnevil
  • 50.86% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, March 4, 2004 11:48:23 AM
Cliff Hangers were finally allowed to reopen after about a month of being shut down. I was told today CVS's just passed its inspection and is now open for business.
Its not impossible it just costs more.
2ndgencarnie
Saturday, March 6, 2004 8:21:59 AM
darn shame, i liked that piece alot better when it was DQed
TopSpinJay
Saturday, March 6, 2004 9:29:39 AM
why say that? i think its a good ride
You'll miss us when were gone....
SaraAB
Saturday, March 6, 2004 3:07:56 PM
I love the ride as well, i got to ride powers and strates last summer and enjoyed them both, at least i know ill be able to ride them again if i choose to.
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, March 7, 2004 6:22:14 AM
I know this question should be under a different topic, but what ever happened with the Orbitor's? Are these rides still red tagged or can they now operate.
3rdGenOwner
Sunday, March 7, 2004 6:26:56 AM
There was nothing wrong with Orbitors.

Just that one. And that one to me is VERY fishy.

The Cliffhangers are not well built. The hangers are not stout enough, BUT, there was an update kit to put on these rides, and the shows that own them, did NOT put the update kit on them.

Take that for what its worth.
2ndgencarnie
Sunday, March 7, 2004 9:28:36 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by SilverCometJay

Im just giving my opinion, i would rather have a Star Trooper. I hate the thing between your legs, it kinds hurt when the ride is on the way up if you kow what i mean.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 7, 2004 9:41:32 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by SilverCometJay

Im just giving my opinion, i would rather have a Star Trooper. I hate the thing between your legs, it kinds hurt when the ride is on the way up if you kow what i mean.

Your also alot taller than most riders.....
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, March 7, 2004 10:13:01 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 3rdGenOwner

The Cliffhangers are not well built. The hangers are not stout enough, BUT, there was an update kit to put on these rides, and the shows that own them, did NOT put the update kit on them.

You are clueless. You have one? I do.

There was no update to the seat hangers. The style of the seat yoke was changed after the first 7 or 8 were made. No one was required to change to the new style yoke. In fact, the Wade accident happened on the new style hanger.

http://www.naarso.com/bulletin.htm 

The <s>hanger</s> stem was not designed to withstand the lowering of the seat rack without unpinning the bottom of the seats.

In my unhumble opinion, it is one of the most solid built rides we have ever owned.

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

SaraAB
Sunday, March 7, 2004 3:41:13 PM
You dont know what a cliffhanger feels like on a women's chest!

Anyways i can see your point, i can feel the thing between my legs but since im a women it doesnt hurt me,(also i am not that tall) and as for the above comment, the cliffhanger hurts my chest, but its a lot better than the zamperla kite flyer, which hurts my chest more.
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, March 7, 2004 10:47:51 PM
Quote:

Originally posted by 3rdGenOwner

There was nothing wrong with Orbitors.

Just that one. And that one to me is VERY fishy.

Please define "VERY fishy"? I'm "VERY curious" about what that statement is supposed to mean.

And as far as the Orbitor's are concerned, I was directing the question to anyone in or around Florida. Considering that's where the incident occured. I was just wondering if any of the other Orbitor's in Florida were forced to shut down, or were able to operate?

No need for an attitude for such a simple question.