carnivalangel14
Thursday, March 4, 2004 2:16:05 PM
Sometimes the site wont let me sign in. It says that I signed on and everything but when I check my messages or post something, it says that I must log on to do this. Is it just me or is other people having the same problem?

~V~
*_ Agility~ My anti drug!!_*
squirrel
Thursday, March 4, 2004 4:01:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by carnivalangel14

Sometimes the site wont let me sign in. It says that I signed on and everything but when I check my messages or post something, it says that I must log on to do this. Is it just me or is other people having the same problem?

~V~

This may have to do with cookies on your computer. I would make sure to use Internet Explorer or a Mozilla compatible browser (and not a default stock browser included with AOL or CompuServe or SBC/Yahoo DSL). Clear all your browser cookies and reload the forum. It should clear up many problems. The forum tracks your login in a cookie addressed to www.rideguy.com/forum  on your local machine that stores your username so it can remember you. If the cookie cannot be read or cannot be written, the site will not consider you logged in.
carnivalangel14
Friday, March 5, 2004 12:21:12 PM
Ahhh! Still cant get logged on. Hey Squirrel, how do I get to the cookies on the computer? Thanks mucho. [;)]

~V~

Mamatiger
Friday, March 5, 2004 12:47:18 PM
I'm not Squirrel [;)] but open IE and click on Tools -->Internet Options --->Privacy and set the slider.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
carnivalangel14
Friday, March 5, 2004 4:10:47 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Mamatiger

I'm not Squirrel [;)] but open IE and click on Tools -->Internet Options --->Privacy and set the slider.

Thanks. Do I move it up or down. Lol.

~V~
carnivalangel14
Friday, March 5, 2004 4:13:20 PM
It worked! Thanks again Mamatiger and Squirrel
cny_chris
Saturday, March 6, 2004 2:51:52 AM
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 03/05/2004 : 5:47:18 PM by Mamatiger

I'm not Squirrel but open IE and click on Tools -->Internet Options --->Privacy and set the slider.

There's a better way if you want to override the privacy settings for only one site. In IE, click on Tools, then Internet Options, then Privacy, then click on the Edit button, type the site name into the box (rideguy.com) and then click on "Allow" and then OK, and OK again.

This allows you to maintain higher privacy settings for most sites, while allowing you to accept cookies that you need to access the sites that you "Allow".

As I've said before, I don't accept cookies from most sites, but when I need to, this is the way I do it. Lets me control better who gets to leave a cookie on my computer. Hope this helps!
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy