tubagent
Monday, February 2, 2004 3:52:33 AM
my new girlfriends little brother is good friends with jeffs son and it does seem that there hurting to bad but i do have one question. how much stuff did pugh hide? i mean in equipment i'm not talking about the few trucks.
Skywheelrider
Monday, February 2, 2004 4:25:48 AM
Well, I do not know about "hiding" any equipment (that is kind of a strong accusation), but there is equipment that is still unaccounted for (as to where it went, who bought it, etc.). I would be interested in knowing what happened to all of it, just out of curiosity. [^]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Tizim
  •  Tizim
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Monday, February 2, 2004 4:02:01 PM
well im not going to say forsure that the pughs will be returning to the industry in a big way but no matter what jeff does big or small it will still be "within the industry"!! now before i incriminate myself and the pugh family for that matter i will not give exact details but lets just say jeff is doing what we all like to call RE-FAB with a close friend to some of us we'll just call him "twinkle toes" for now! anyway to those who were ever so subtle in the way of bashing the pughs take a look at your own life and im sure you will find that you have made some bad choices just the same as good ones!?!also before putting the shoe on the other foot try putting some salt on it cause it tastes better going into your mouth !!!! now with that said i leave you all with a coke and a smile ?????????[:D]
Time?? Is it the wheel that turns,or the track it leaves behind???
*~Tizim~*
gruelurks
Monday, February 2, 2004 4:27:59 PM
<voice type="Butthead">Heh, heh heh, you said Twinkle Toes, heh heh heh</voice>
JustinJames
Monday, February 2, 2004 4:45:55 PM
I couldn't care less if they make a comeback or not. I worked for them. Them coming back would mean nothing to me. I'll never work for em again. That's all I'll say about it. I'm happy with Wade Shows when I help a show.[;)]
squirrel
Monday, February 2, 2004 6:14:22 PM
There's a saying I've heard for years: "Old shows never die -- they just change the name and start over..." Honestly, I think this holds true for showmen/ladies the like.
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, February 3, 2004 7:12:22 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by secret.squirrel

There's a saying I've heard for years: "Old shows never die -- they just change the name and start over..." Honestly, I think this holds true for showmen/ladies the like.

so true so true
babyhughie
Wednesday, February 4, 2004 2:16:15 AM
well TIZIM if you had burned as many people and stepped on as many toes as MR pugh has you would see where we are coming from.It was a simple case of greed and overextending yourself.I will guarentee you that dick carl laughed his way all the way to the bank!!!!!
tubagent
Wednesday, February 4, 2004 6:04:10 AM
very stange isn't it nick? its so true so true just look at the two of us. no harshness meant to the pugh's but there is more equipment then there was listed.that came straight from his son.
Tizim
  •  Tizim
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Wednesday, February 4, 2004 11:26:33 AM
hey babyhughie overextending yourself has absolutley nothing to do with GREED!! and as far as stepping on toes "its a dog eat dog world out there" it just so happens that the bigger dog caught up with jeff sorry to say! and if you go through life without stepping on a few toes you must be stepping way too lightly! also dick carl probably laughed just as loud as those who closed there bank accounts as well! hind sight is 20/20 we all have our own opinions and are entitled to them you can aim as high as you want but sometimes you just gotta shoot low?!?!?
*~Tizim~*
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, February 4, 2004 1:14:54 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by tubagent

my new girlfriends little brother is good friends with jeffs son and it does seem that there hurting to bad but i do have one question. how much stuff did pugh hide? i mean in equipment i'm not talking about the few trucks.

So, You got a new girlfriend.....Whats his name?
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, February 4, 2004 1:24:46 PM
I don't care what size operation anyone has if you loose the meat of your season due to a Hurricane and bad weather sometimes you just can't recoup that loss. Pugh still put out a 5 unit show even if it was for a very short time. Which is more than any of us has done so far. You still have to give credit where credit is due. He's not the only person to go big then go broke. Just ask the guys at Enron or Martha Stewert.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, February 4, 2004 1:46:45 PM
WERD !
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Tizim
  •  Tizim
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Wednesday, February 4, 2004 1:48:47 PM
too funny with-it!!! but i was not thinking along those lines when i said shoot low lmfao!?!?!!!
*~Tizim~*
opie
  •  opie
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Wednesday, February 4, 2004 10:11:31 PM
You know the deal to buy Crown was a real sweet deal, Dick Carl just had mother nature on his side. You guys ever worked in a hurricane. It's nothing pretty. That southern route that dick carl had was nice. It was a full two unit southern route. Some spots just paid the bills,but if we could have got all the spots in that first year I wouldn't be here on this post talking to you people, I'd be on the midway ginnin!!! Jeff wanted Crown to be Pugh. He started his first year with Crown and pugh, the next year crown pugh, then finally we had four solid units of pugh shows. Jeff tried to build rome in a day and if Hurricane Floyd had not come about he might have pulled it off.
Enron and martha stewart were not good comparisons because they were wrong and jeff just had bad luck. Or you might say it was bad karma. All shows have been guilty of messing people over, jeff just seemed to do it more. J& J amusements hired me as green help last year in dublin. I went in and talked to the unit manager. Told him my experience and told him I might consider a position if the pay was fair. I tore down the entire kid land, which on this unit was about seven rides beofre the first major was on the truck. Their kiddie land foreman couldn't lead a trianed dog let alone a bunch of dopes they had to work with, so it was a real treat to do this work. I figured if i tore down 7 rides i'd at least get 10 dollars a ride. Right wrong. we started at 11 and i was down at 5. i got 5 bucks a hour. I see the reason to pay true green help this but not a guy whose trying out for the team. hell i used to kick out of my own pocket for guys that snapped on tear down to get them on my team. Of course they were always taken away shortly after but i got their talents and attributes for the good of the team. Anyway the point i'm trying to make is jeff always payed well, some say too well, but he took care of his help. He respected people who deserved it. And I personally didn't like some of his judgement calls I still feel he is a carnival icon like red woods and jim day and will always have my upmost respect and envy. So if you hold hatred for the man let me ask you this, What are you doing to make the carnival industry a better place? And what are you doing now??? Jeff was very innovative in the way we move our shows and a lot of people copied him. So all I can say is good luck Mr. Pugh in all that you do, and the rest of you who think differently. When I see you down and having a bad season. Maybe I'll kick you.