Sven
  •  Sven
  • 52.64% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 12:32:02 PM
... of Huss-fabrication in germany:
Since yesterday major parts of the halls are taken down, to make place.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Left is repair service and refurbishment of rides.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
[url=periocus.de]UserPostedImage[/url]

Modelle - Dioramen - Design
proud member since 2003
FACEBOOK 
BSA Mike
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 1:05:38 PM
Sven
  •  Sven
  • 52.64% (Neutral)
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 1:15:47 PM
Yeah!

Some history is going down there. As mentioned in the past. Sales and construction stays in Bremen and the ride itself will be build in hungary. Even spare parts will be delivered from there to the service.
Huss does not plan to build any portable ride in the present future. So this is history, too.

proud member since 2003
FACEBOOK 
gruelurks
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 2:08:55 PM
the_rock401
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 2:28:08 PM
takes off hat...
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes you have to take a rain check.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL
TopSpinJay
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 2:33:56 PM
it is so unfortunate. to see this indeed verry sad
You'll miss us when were gone....
RideMan
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 6:03:11 PM
Did Huss ever build anything that was really portable, by American carnival standards...that is, one truck, self erecting, that kind of thing? And with Huss rides getting EVEN BIGGER (Tomb Raider at Kings Island is HUGE, Delirium, also at Kings Island, is EVEN HUGE-ER), I wouldn't say the loss of portable ride construction is terribly surprising...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
HUSSRAINBOW
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 7:27:12 PM
oh no! no more portable rides! thats ridiculous, no more enterprise, no more topspin, no more rainbow,AND AS IF they will stop production on the BREAKDANCE, thats is their most succesful ride!!! they probably will make the ride, if its requested, not just for the sake of it
UserPostedImage
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, January 21, 2004 2:14:48 AM
A moment of silence, please....[|)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Drayven
Wednesday, January 21, 2004 3:02:17 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RideMan

With Huss rides getting EVEN BIGGER (Tomb Raider at Kings Island is HUGE, Delirium, also at Kings Island, is EVEN HUGE-ER), I wouldn't say the loss of portable ride construction is terribly surprising...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Yeah, in last few years they've been really moving in the 'HUGE direction'. The focus has been more park models and large theme parks.

We scarcely see anything portable around here from HUSS [:(] and those there are are quite dated. Nice stuff tho. Bummer.

Peace + Love = Information
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, January 21, 2004 3:09:15 AM
Here is a question, how many portable HUSS rides are there here in the USA?

What I can come up with:

Enterprise--Wade Shows, Funtastic Traveling Shows, Strates Shows, Murphy Brothers, Conklin

Pirate--Wade Shows, Strates Shows, Conklin, Drew Expo, and wasn't there an independent, Charlie Edens, at one time? If so, is the ride still traveling and if not, anyone know what happened to it?

Rainbow--Wade Shows, Strates Shows

Top Spin--Strates Shows

Tornado--Reithoffer Shows

Break Dance--Coney Island

Any others you can think of???? [?]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
HUSSRAINBOW
Wednesday, January 21, 2004 4:42:35 AM
I know that they have been pushing further towards the GIANT series, which is totally awesome, australia MAY be getting a HUSS giant delirium which would be amazing!, but I think that if an independant buyer requested to buy a rainbow for example, yeah yeah LOL, im sure they wouldnt have a problem with producing it, because they do have to stock spare parts for the portable rides, since there are SOOOOO many breakdance's in germany, and throughout the world. It would be just kind of, unlogical to stop the production of their portable units completly, I have a feeling portable models will be made by request! or at least I strongly hope
UserPostedImage
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, January 21, 2004 5:00:52 AM
What a shame .....[V]
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Sven
  •  Sven
  • 52.64% (Neutral)
Wednesday, January 21, 2004 5:12:42 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by HUSSRAINBOW

I know that they have been pushing further towards the GIANT series, which is totally awesome, australia MAY be getting a HUSS giant delirium which would be amazing!, but I think that if an independant buyer requested to buy a rainbow for example, yeah yeah LOL, im sure they wouldnt have a problem with producing it, because they do have to stock spare parts for the portable rides, since there are SOOOOO many breakdance's in germany, and throughout the world. It would be just kind of, unlogical to stop the production of their portable units completly, I have a feeling portable models will be made by request! or at least I strongly hope

With no doubt, if you pay the money, you will get it. But there are any buyers and so they do not force to sale them. And concentrate to sell the portable versions to parks. Actually most of german showmen like to get rid off their heavy weight ride. Only some like to hold or buy one. That is the reason, why there are nearly no new rides over here. 2 actually. There are about 50 Huss Breaker travelling Europe, that is more then enough.

proud member since 2003
FACEBOOK 
LONNOL
Wednesday, January 21, 2004 6:00:24 AM
Other Huss portables in the US:

Coney Island (indepedent owner): Top Spin 2

Coney Island (Astroland): Enterprise (I am not sure if their Pirate is portable)

Condor- Six Flags Great America (came from a German showmen, was somewhat converted but still has a diamond-plated deck)

Frisbee- Ron Burback (heard it is up for sale)

Jump- SFGAdv was permantly installed, formerly owned by a German showman

Enterprise- Mike Neighbors

Ranger- Conneaut Lake (now no longer at the park from what I understand)

Swing Around- Does/did Conklin have one of these?

That's all I can think of at this time.

Adam
www.flatrides.com : Pimp-slapping you with all your flat ride needs.