Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, January 12, 2004 3:24:36 PM
[:D]

http://edition.cnn.com/2...08/offbeat.boy.stuck.ap/ 

Thank Rideman Dave for the correct non-aol link.

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

carnivalangel14
Monday, January 12, 2004 3:28:47 PM
That is so weird! Said that his dad didnt see him get into the machine cause he was on the phone. Now who in the right mind would leave a kid alone next to a toy machine? Lol. Thank God he got out ok.

~Vanessa~

*_ Agility~ My anti drug!!_*
cny_chris
Monday, January 12, 2004 3:37:27 PM
Saw this one in the paper last week, my coworkers didn't believe it. What if the kid had decided to go play in traffic in the parking lot instead of crawling into the machine? Hate to say it, but some folks just don't deserve kids..... What next??? [V]

BTW, betcha there's a couple lawyers circling like sharks, with the opinion that the kid suffered permanent emotional damage. Either that, or some genius lawmaker somewhere will want to ban these things because of the "hazards" they pose to kids. [}:)]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
crazyspin
Monday, January 12, 2004 3:54:29 PM
Thats just scary! [:0]
I think the kid really wanted a toy! lol.
gruelurks
Tuesday, January 13, 2004 3:19:04 AM
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, January 13, 2004 4:20:26 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Hoffa

[:D]

http://edition.cnn.com/2...08/offbeat.boy.stuck.ap/ 

Thank Rideman Dave for the correct non-aol link.

Well, that is great. Yet another parent not paying attention to their kid in the store, and look what happens. What next? I guess we can be thankful it was not a hot summer day or an artic-like cold day and he left the kid in the car while he shopped. [xx(]

I am glad the child is okay, it is the "parent" I would be concerned about now. [:(!]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Fly_By_Night_Carnie
Tuesday, January 13, 2004 5:04:10 AM
The Lobster Machine was hilarious in a kind of Dark Humor kinda thing. Even though there was some responsability of the parent, some times kids are too much to handle for one parent. If you don't have them strapt to a doggie leach, it takes just 1 second for a kid to dissapear on you. I know I've got two and my youngest is hard to keep track of. Doesn't make me a bad parent. I just try not to go out by myself plus my oldest helps. Point I'm trying to make is, he could've payed more attention but please, things like this happen. Not trying to offend anybody just putting in my 2 cents.
Retired but missing it...
"The hussle hard but we have to enterprise..."-Wycleaf Jean-

"For all your travel needs ... just give me a click"
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, January 13, 2004 12:15:35 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by gruelurks

He's lucky it wasn't this one.

Lobstrosity 

I love it !!!!!
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
tamadachi76
Tuesday, January 13, 2004 12:24:49 PM
AWESOME! Can't wait for the TV movie or the Reality TV show. [:p]
Have you paid your dues Jack? Yeah I paid my dues. The check is in the mail.
cny_chris
Tuesday, January 13, 2004 12:56:01 PM
Gee, this has got to qualify as a Stupid Human Trick on the Late Show. Knowing Letterman, he'd be joking about it for months and months......[:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy