daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, January 19, 2004 5:04:17 PM
Hi

I saw a carnival on the way to a ducks game tonight.I didn't get the name of the show but they had from what i saw a yoyo a ring of rire and a ferris wheel that had the moving carts thats all i saw.Know the game it was cool it was againts the calgary flames and the Anaheim Ducks the sucky part is i left near the end of the 3 courter becasue it was 1 -5 flames and i knew they could not come back.The ducks scored a goul in the middle of the first and then in the second they scored 3 or 4 and in the third when i left it was 1 -5.IT was my first hockey game the start was cool it was loud and dark and the n two big duck heads were lit up and smoke was coming out andt then they lih=ght up some lazers and they aounced thge players.Then they didt the national anthem to canada and the us.Do they do canada becaus ethats were the sport was ariganated?I dont care i like the canadas song.Oh canada oh canada sorry thats all i rember.Ltaer daniel

daniel
p.s i saw torqe this weekend yah pinatar you will love this movie.
gruelurks
Monday, January 19, 2004 5:10:20 PM
Daniel,

They do the Canadian anthem out of respect to the visiting foreign team.

Sorry the Duck's likely won't make it back to the playoffs this year either...really...but glad you guys have Sergei to let Datsyuk to step and and take his place...

...I'm not biased being in Detroit and all...honest...
archived04
Monday, January 19, 2004 5:13:30 PM
yeah the whole anthem deal is for repsect..smae thing goes here in Canada..

for playoffs Boston all the way Babby[:D]
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Monday, January 19, 2004 5:18:18 PM
http://www.mightyducks.c...box/pressbody.asp?id=603 
Hay watch the highlits because i was under or near that camra thats the site i had midlevel.got to go listen to the highlite i will be baack to see waht you say.
gruelurks
Monday, January 19, 2004 5:26:01 PM
Yah I should be rooting for Boston too since I'm from there, but shoot, I've been in Detroit so long now, I can't help myself. And yes, I started rooting for the Wings before they won the cup back in the mid 90's...[:)]
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Monday, January 19, 2004 5:28:29 PM
Ducks play you wednesday.To bad there not playing in you town see if they make it [;)]

daniel
gruelurks
Monday, January 19, 2004 5:30:44 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by daniel

Ducks play you wednesday.To bad there not playing in you town see if they make it [;)]

daniel

At least poor Sergei won't be booed off the ice by himself, he will have the rest of the team with him this time...[}:)]
tamadachi76
Monday, January 19, 2004 6:14:37 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by gruelurks

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by daniel

daniel

At least poor Sergei won't be booed off the ice by himself, he will have the rest of the team with him this time...[}:)]

Can't wait to see the Ducks / Wings game, I LOVE MY CABLE TV! I'm embarrased by fans at Joe Louis Arena when Sergei comes to town. This is NHL Hockey, not World Wrestling, or the NBA (remember the Pistons/Toronto national anthem incident?).
Have you paid your dues Jack? Yeah I paid my dues. The check is in the mail.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 2:10:12 AM
Well, too bad Sergei left, but hey, he wanted to leave a Stanley Cup contender for a team that had ONE fluke run in the playoffs, that was his choice. I agree, no reason to boo everytime he touches the puck when back at the Joe with Anaheim. Anyways, all I have left to say is this:

GO RED WINGS!

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
gruelurks
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 3:01:25 AM
Yes, Sergei was a great part of the Wings in his time here. I never booed him myself, but cheer him on and wish him well.

I think it's pretty bouge that people are booing him off the ice every time he shows up here, though he did get a nice standing ovation briefly before the start of the last home Wings/Ducks game.
Liz
  •  Liz
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 4:10:32 AM
GO RED WINGS!!!!

I had to do that!
Wings fan from birth [:D]

Hey Danel, I like the Canadian anthem too.
carnivalangel14
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 4:52:07 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider
[br

GO RED WINGS!

[/font=Andale Mono]

You said it Chris!

~V~
*_ Agility~ My anti drug!!_*
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 6:04:21 AM
What color were the canvases on the midway daniel , sounds like helms to me this time of year . As far as hockey goes anyone who watches knows N.C.'s team isn't all that great so i'll leave it at that . GO PANTHERS !!!!!!!!!
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 7:52:00 AM
I did not see the canvasus.I worked helms in a cuople spots and i dont rember them having a ring of fire or a whell that had the cars move.FROm what i saw know i see a rezemblance to helms and three style from the place i worked at.

daniel
the_rock401
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 10:31:48 AM
Ah, Daniel my boy, you have been introduced to the great sport of hockey. In fact, our Minnesota Wild come out to the Pond on Friday night for a Western Conference Finals rematch of last year. Go Wild!

Your Minnesota MCW Correspondent
Paul
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes you have to take a rain check.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL