Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, January 2, 2004 10:16:55 AM
Let's see, he wants the name to reflect him, big, ok. Big H. No, it has no ring, no pizzazz, not today, not good enough for 2004. He might want to stay away from the small time thinking of a ma & pa name like; xxxxxxx rides, example-Frankies Rides, one of the worst names a company can bestow to itself.

Let's help him come up with a name for today. I'm sure he will spring at the Gibtown club bar to the most creative name.

Let's get back to this naming thing: he wants people to remember his business based on the size of his arse. He wants committees to think of his size rather than a clever name that represents his midway. But maybe his son inherited his mothers genes & he ain't so big. So now it becomes Big H & Little H Shows.

Georgia Boy American Beauty Shows-how is that?
Be my guest-help him out.
UserPostedImage
Ohio Ron
  •  Ohio Ron
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, January 2, 2004 11:05:22 AM
Since we have yet to see any pics of his equipment, how about Big Mystery Shows or World of Wonder Expositions?
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, January 2, 2004 12:07:47 PM
How's about "Big Eastern's Southern Ride Jubilee " [:D] [?]
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Bossman
Friday, January 2, 2004 1:19:06 PM
Fellows, you gave me a great idea, the new name should be SCS for Southern Comfort Shows. Thanks
Ohio Ron
  •  Ohio Ron
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, January 2, 2004 2:13:38 PM
Quote:

quote:

Bossman Posted - 01/02/2004 : 6:19:06 PM

Fellows, you gave me a great idea, the new name should be SCS for Southern Comfort Shows. Thanks

I like the sound of that.
cny_chris
Friday, January 2, 2004 3:18:01 PM
So let's see some pics, Bossman! Or are we starting another Three Amigos series of posts here???????[?][?]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
orphaned
Friday, January 2, 2004 3:55:54 PM
I'll fend for boss on this one. He does own equipment.
cny_chris
Friday, January 2, 2004 4:22:10 PM
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 01/02/2004 : 8:55:54 PM by Bryan

I'll fend for boss on this one. He does own equipment.

I've never doubted that that Bossman owns equipment, but I know I'm not alone in wanting to see some pictures of what he has. I just wanted to be careful, especially after how convincing the "Three Amigos" story was .... at the beginning. [:D][:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, January 2, 2004 4:28:53 PM
^Grumble, grumble - the mob grows increasingly restless awaiting pics of:

Sure
Can'tSeeIt
Shows

UserPostedImage

with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, January 2, 2004 4:50:06 PM
How about Miracle Rides. " If it's Fun It's a Miracle!" Never mind that's already taken.lol I wanted to name my show "Juan O'Malley's World Famous Freaky Funky Flying Carnival" but it didnt fit on the business cards. That way if someone asked to see Juan I could tell them he is in Mexico on vacation and if I screwed up they would have to talk to Juan. How about just calling it " The Carnival" that's what people will be calling it anyway.
Bossman
Friday, January 2, 2004 5:12:37 PM
Dear Mr. Da Bair,
You want to start trouble, but I'm not going to let you drive me to my death bed as you have one man with three little childrens. I try to be nice and say kind things about BBS even though you don't do any work and your brothers have to do it all. Are you and Pinetar kin? I am not going to say anything else, but I hope you can live with yourself knowing that those three little childrens had no Christmas and slept cold and ate spam in the shape of a turkey Christmas Day. For shame for shame, for shame.
Mamatiger
Friday, January 2, 2004 5:50:33 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bossman

Good choice! [;)]
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, January 2, 2004 7:39:55 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bossman

I hope you can live with yourself knowing that those three little childrens had no Christmas and slept cold and ate spam in the shape of a turkey Christmas Day. For shame for shame, for shame.

Old, but still funny.
Quote:

quote:

I try to be nice and say kind things about BBS

I would like the opportunity to reciprocate, as I'm sure the show merits such comments, but we have yet to see any pics of the show, nor even an excuse as to why you aren't sharing. You seem to ignore these requests alltogether.

UserPostedImage

back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, January 3, 2004 1:32:36 AM
bossman I think that there already is a scs shows! And to all!! I rather liked the stories from the road on the three amigos it kept us retired ones amuzed with the funny stories !!!
How about " big southern chouch shows "
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Mamatiger
Saturday, January 3, 2004 8:26:36 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by back40

bossman I think that there already is a scs shows!

If there is, they don't have a Web presence, or even any mentions of them in print. Yahoo searches for "SCS Shows", "SCS Amusements", "Southern Comfort Shows", and "Southern Comfort Amusements" don't bring up anything remotely resembling anything to do with the carnival.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain