crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, December 30, 2003 4:33:20 PM
A couple day ago I visited the New Santa's Millenium Magical Village It has moved from its former spot off of I-95 to a Mall in Downtown Hollywood along with the New location and the New Name the also have a new Carnival provider. This year Mid-America is playing the event!(Formerly played by J&J)
Here's the lineup with a report:
Ratings 1-10 stars

1. Chance Giant Wheel: 9.6-10. It looked magnificent! You would never it is as old as it is! 100% of the lightsd were operational and It has a bright fresh looking paint job!

2. Chance Thunderbolt: 9.2-10. It looked very nice! 97% of the lights were burning and it was clean and looked very well mantained. And the ride op was blaring away the Music! my only complaint is that on a number of the cars the Paint was faded.

3. State Fair Fun Slide: 9.4-10. Was very cllear and spify, all of the lights were working. It was probably doing the most buisness during the night.

4. Darton Cliff Hanger: 9.1-10. Looked great. 97% of the lights were working and it was running nice and smooth!

5. Hrubetz Round-up: 8-10. Looked good. All the lights were burning but, it seemed to be very faded! and had some rust. other then that it looked good!

6. Majestic Scooters: 9-10. looked great! 96% of the lights were working and the cars were clean and neat looking!

7. Tivoli Scorpion: 8.7-10. Looked great. 93% of the lights were working. Seemed to me they were doing some work on it! overall it looked good!

8. ?Fabbri? Screamer: 9-10. Looked great! 95% of the lights were working. It was running nice and smooth! my only compaint was that there was some rust on the boom.

9. A.R.M 1001 Nachts:9.5-10. Looked Great! 99% of the lights were working, it was clean! And running well!

10. Wisdom Raiders: 9.3-10. Looked great! This is a very nice Fun House ride! Always lots of fun! It was very clean and spify and had some nice artwork!

11. Wisdom Sizzler: 9-10. Looked great! 95% of the lights were working and it looked very clean, but! When it was stopping it made a very strange and funny noise! kind of freaky! Maybe it needed some oil?

12. Eyerly Spider: 9.4-10. 97% of the lights were working and it was very clean! Looks fabulous for its age! [;)]

13. Selner Tilt-A-Whirl: 9.4-10. All of the lights were working and it looked very nice! the cars were getting a nice spin!

14. Chance MGR: 9.5-10. all the lights were burning and it was very clean and shiny!

15. Alpine Fun House: 8.5-10. Looked good. Most of the lights were working. But, the paint on the front seemed faded and some of the tricks inside didn't work. Overall it looked nice.

16. Owens Infernal Combustion: 9.2-10. This is one cool fun house! Has an awesome theme and design! The paint job was very nice! all the lights were burning

17. Other kiddies: Average 9-10.

18. Food Concessions: 9-10. Way above average!

19. Oops! I forgot the Yo-Yo! 9-10. The Yo-Yo looked very nice! It has a awesome paint job! [;)]

Overall I was impressed.
This event is very nice! Unfortunitly not for Mid America! Almost the whole time I was there the spot was dead as a door nail! [:(]
Most rides were running 1/4 loads at the max! Its very unfortunite! Luckily! good news they only signed a one year contract! [;)]

Overall I'll give Mid America a 8.5-10.

Pictures coming soon!
Hope you injoyed my report
Thanks,
[:D] Crazyspin [:D]
FunkyTown
Tuesday, December 30, 2003 8:07:31 PM
Yea I knew they would only give it one year also... maybe they heard what Wade called it before " Santa's Tragical Village "... But I guess the reason why they done this, is because their going to be at the FL State Fair. [:D]

Hey C-Spin Did You Get My PM/reply yet?
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, December 31, 2003 2:19:34 AM
Crazyspin, so you got to see Mid America Shows, that is cool. Yeah I heard that spot was not doing well, that is too bad. As for the show, you should have seen some of those rides after MA got them from Pugh Shows--they have done a TON of work getting them looking good, and they have done a fine job. The Screamer is a Fabbri, you are correct. The Chance Giant Wheel originally was with Crown Amusements and is a 1991 model. The towers and trailer were all blue, and in 2001 Pugh started repainting it to the teal trailer and white towers, but never was able to finish it--it sure looked weird that year in blue, teal, and white. MA finally finished painting it and it looks fantastic. They have been working on the Scorpion throughout 2003, and it keeps looking better and better. The Wisdom Raiders had the scenery painted on it over a few weeks in May and June, while on the road, lol. Looks brand new now! The Sizzler is a 1994 and came from Crown Amusements, and looked like they had rolled it down the side of a hill when MA got it--they refurbed it over last winter, and WOW, looks brand new! Yeah the Round-Up could use some work, not sure I like the MA sign on the front of it, used to say Round-Up in red/blue. Runs good though, and looked nice at night. No KMG Freak Out, eh? Oh well, I am sure they will have it Tampa. The State Fair Fun Slide was new in 2003. Question though--the Merry-Go-Round, what did it look like? They have two, and one is an Allan Herschell with Chance scenery, has a polished wooden floor, yellow/blue/red top, and a lighted spire on top, easily the most beautiful MGR on the road IMHO. I tell you what, this show is getting bigger and bigger and better and better in a short time, and has already caused an uproar here in Michigan (hey, that is fine--we needed some shaking up, lol [;)]). I like this show a lot. Glad you got to see them. [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
Wednesday, December 31, 2003 4:00:50 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by FunkyTown

Yea I knew they would only give it one year also... maybe they heard what Wade called it before " Santa's Tragical Village "... But I guess the reason why they done this, is because their going to be at the FL State Fair. [:D]

Hey C-Spin Did You Get My PM/reply yet?

HAHAHA! Yeah!
Nope I didn't get your P.M? [?][;)]
crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
Wednesday, December 31, 2003 4:07:18 AM
Great Info Chris! Thanks! [:D]
Quote:

quote:

I like the MA sign on the front of it

Yeah its very nice! [:p][:D]
Quote:

quote:

No KMG Freak Out, eh? Oh well

It was racked in the back of the mall with a couple of Tractors and extra Equipment. [;)]

I believe the Caurosel was a Chance Model. I'm not sure! I have many Pictures. [;)]
Skywheelrider
Thursday, January 1, 2004 3:44:04 AM
Mid America's other Merry-Go-Round is a Chance three abreast with Americana scenery and has a red/white/blue top.

Actually, I said I was NOT sure if I really liked the sign on the front of the Round-Up, I liked the old sign they had better. Just my opinion. I just think a tradition Round-Up sign on the front of ANY Round-Up is the way to go.

[:)]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain