jay
  •  jay
  • 50.66% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, December 21, 2003 9:39:29 AM
I courious to know who you think has the best operation.The show must operate with 15 rides or less.We are always talking about the big shows but never about what I consider the backbone of our industry.Say what you think and why.But no bashing.Thank you.
Of course I vote for my show.But Im a little pregadust.
http://jessopamuse.com 
How you make a small fortune in the carnival bussiness.
Start with a large one!
BSA Mike
Sunday, December 21, 2003 9:44:22 AM
lol i'd vote for my show, but we have 20 rides [;)]
archived04
Sunday, December 21, 2003 10:05:51 AM
i vote for Homeniuk Amusements.
punkboysa18
Sunday, December 21, 2003 10:12:00 AM
what about matt armstrong shows?
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, December 21, 2003 2:55:55 PM
15 rides is not a small show. I know it is to some of you guys. But really it is about the average size show. I think we need to come up with a wat to clarify what makes a show a small one or big one. Not by how many super duper spectaculars but just by ride count. Like the terror threat levels.
<ul><li> 1-5 rides - Micro Show </li><li> 6-10 rides Small Show </li><li>11-15 rides Intermediate Sized Show </li></ul> <ul><li> 16-25 Mid-Sized Show</li><li>26-40 Big Show </li><li> 40+ State Fair Sized Show </li></ul>

Any way here's my list:

Micro: Blue Apple Shows, 3 rides even though the stuff is older than God it still looks new. Owned by the Legandary "Hot Dog Dave" I've know him for a long time and still don't know his last name.lol

Small: The World Famous Bair Brothers Shows, 6 rides ( correct me if I am wrong Lance) The stuff very well maintained. The operation I strive to have. Very nice. Jim and Wes Bair the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Lance the biggest "smarta$$" there will ever be. He's a role model of mine.lol

Mid-Sized: Triple Treat Shows, not sure how many pieces. But every piece is in "showroom" condition no matter what the age of it. Overall the most sought after show in Ohio. Owned by Jay Clements, very fanatical about keeping his stuff nice. Ever seen anyone clean the bottom of the ride fence?

Big-Show: Bates Brothers, around 40 pieces. Being a factory sales rep. has it's advantages. Always has the newest rides out there.Every truck painted the same and I mean Every one of them from pick-ups to the semis. very cool.IMHO

As far as the other size shows are concerned I do have the chance to visit many of them. But of the ones I have seen I'd have to say the Bill Hames Show is one of the nicest. I would like to see Ray Cammack in person and I am sure my opinion would change.And for my show, it's still in it's infantcy. I have alot lot of work to get it to the level I want it to be.It just takes a little time.

Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, December 21, 2003 4:49:45 PM
Originally posted by with-it
Quote:

quote:

Micro: Blue Apple Shows, 3 rides even though the stuff is older than God it still looks new. Owned by the Legandary "Hot Dog Dave" I've know him for a long time and still don't know his last name.lol

LeValley (sp?) but I like to call him whatever food item + name which comes to mind at the moment. IE: Funnel Cake Freddie, Elephant Ear Earl, Sno Kone Scottie, ect...
Quote:

quote:

Small: The World Famous Bair Brothers Shows, 6 rides ( correct me if I am wrong Lance) The stuff very well maintained. The operation I strive to have. Very nice. Jim and Wes Bair the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Lance the biggest "smarta$$" there will ever be. He's a role model of mine.lol

Thanks Glenn, means a lot when you hear good things from your peers.
Seven rides counting the auction steal fire trucks  (photo courtesy of Pinetar), and the 'chute which is for sale but ready to go next season if we keep it.
As for the smarta$$ comment, guilty as charged.
Quote:

quote:

Mid-Sized: Triple Treat Shows, not sure how many pieces. But every piece is in "showroom" condition no matter what the age of it. Overall the most sought after show in Ohio. Owned by Jay Clements, very fanatical about keeping his stuff nice. Ever seen anyone clean the bottom of the ride fence?

"fanatical" and it shows, beautiful operation. 22 pieces.
Quote:

quote:

Big-Show: Bates Brothers, around 40 pieces. Being a factory sales rep. has it's advantages. Always has the newest rides out there.Every truck painted the same and I mean Every one of them from pick-ups to the semis. very cool.IMHO

I agree on the quality, but they only qualify as a "big-show" by your definition twice a year when they combine for IX and Canfield.

Da Bair

UserPostedImage

HUSSRAINBOW
Sunday, December 21, 2003 8:03:44 PM
Hehe I vote for our Rye Beach Carnival
rides in 2002 were:
RAINBOW
RANGER (KAMIKAZE)
ZIPPER
PIRATE
MATTERHORN
BREAKDANCE
CHA CHA
VARIOUS CHILDRENS RIDES
VARIOUS GAMES

This year there has only been one confirmed ride so far,
WILD MOUSE
(the exact same one that had the accident at the 2003 Royal Melbourne Show)
this is the first time EVER the wild mouse, formerly MAD MOUSE, has been at rye
no rainbow, but im sure, zipper, breakdance and matterhorn will be there as usual, ill take videos and pictures
[:D]
UserPostedImage
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, December 21, 2003 8:47:20 PM
* EDIT *
Noticed above linky was givin' the 404. fixed 

UserPostedImage

2ndgencarnie
Monday, December 22, 2003 8:45:09 AM
I will give the nod to Bair Bros. Shows as well for best small show, saw them several times this year and the stuff looked great. You couldn't ask for a better guy than Jim, as for Wes, never seen someone so obsessed with their MGR, and Lance, wel Lance is just lance. And they have a hot cousin, Ms. Fent, and i will she is now a switch hitter, even better![8D].
As for The piece count on Triple Treat, currently 26, however Lance is trying to knock that down to 25 according to my sources.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, December 22, 2003 9:00:52 AM
Bair, What is it with you guys and fire trucks? I do like that one better than the one you sold Eddie its a Miracle. these look like fire trucks. cant wait to see the refurb.
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, December 22, 2003 9:54:38 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Bair, What is it with you guys and fire trucks? I do like that one better than the one you sold Eddie its a Miracle. these look like fire trucks. cant wait to see the refurb.

Jim was a fire fighter for many a years, my wife is a paramedic, it's in the blood over here. [;)]

The one we have now came from the Toledo auction.
The old one , which we sold to the miracle man, was pieced together from various parts, the "trucks" are AH jeeps converted by my dad with little ladders, empty fire extinguishers, and decals.
How many of ya'll know what ride the light centerpiece came from?

Da Bair

UserPostedImage

Ohio Ron
  •  Ohio Ron
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, December 22, 2003 10:07:32 AM
Quote:

quote:

How many of ya'll know what ride the light centerpiece came from?

Da Bair

Tilt

It looks good on there.
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, December 22, 2003 10:24:06 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ohio Ron

Easy question Lance...Tilt.

It looked good on there.

Dam, that didn't take long[;)]
The aforementioned Corn Dog Carl of Blue Apple Amusements also has one on his Tubs of Fun. 

Da Bair

UserPostedImage

jimb
  •  jimb
  • 52.34% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Monday, December 22, 2003 1:31:25 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

I will give the nod to Bair Bros. Shows as well for best small show, saw them several times this year and the stuff looked great. You couldn't ask for a better guy than Jim, as for Wes, never seen someone so obsessed with their MGR, and Lance, wel Lance is just lance. And they have a hot cousin, Ms. Fent, and i will she is now a switch hitter, even better![8D].
As for The piece count on Triple Treat, currently 26, however Lance is trying to knock that down to 25 according to my sources.

Thanks Nick,you to Glenn, Nick anything that wears a skirt
you think is hot, not too many wear skirts anymore. Triple Treat
only has 20 rides. Want to bet a coke on it. what you will be
drinking will be stronger than coke.see you at the convention.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, December 22, 2003 3:42:01 PM