jay
  •  jay
  • 50.66% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, November 28, 2003 11:55:48 AM
What do you think about the amenities used on carnivals today.Such as benches,rest areas,hand washing stations,ect.
I would like your thoughts because we are adding some to our midmay this year.
I believe that the public and the commities really appreciate having them.
http://jessopamuse.com 
How you make a small fortune in the carnival bussiness.
Start with a large one!
crazyspin
Friday, November 28, 2003 12:06:49 PM
I think there great!
Ecspecially the Hand washing stations and Rest Areas! [;)]
Mamatiger
Friday, November 28, 2003 12:20:11 PM
I like the benches...I like the idea of prettying up the midway...but not if it's going to come out of the workers' pay, they make too little already! [V]
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, November 28, 2003 12:23:14 PM
I think they are neccesary to have in order to keep the people on the midway. If they get tired they sit down and rest,if they are dirty they can wash up,I have even seen the spray tents that keep a steady cold mist for anyone who gets overheated. All these things keep your customer on the midway. You ever noticed the independent always has these amenities ?
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Bossman
Friday, November 28, 2003 1:07:06 PM
jay, I posted a thread several days ago about the very same thing. Several years ago,maybe eight or nine years ago, I bought three benches at Gibtown to place in front or near my inflatibles for the kids to take off and put on their shoes. Trouble was, everyone but the kids sat on the benches. I still carry the three benches, but I bought plastic kiddie chairs for the kids. I place the benches around the other pieces. I don't think with a festival unit as mine, that it has helps to increase revenue. As I said in my earlier thread, I don't think carnivals need to try and play the part of amusement parks. It's hard enough to keep your pieces clean and attractive, keep your help in clean attire, and keep the bills paid to add the cost of another load of benches, tents and plants around week after week.
carnivalangel14
Friday, November 28, 2003 5:35:54 PM
I think a carnival needs all of these. Whatever that will bring the public in and stay in and be happy! [;)]
~Vanessa~
*_ Agility~ My anti drug!!_*
HUSSRAINBOW
Friday, November 28, 2003 6:05:57 PM
all the carnivals we have here, never have portable toilets, because normally there are toilet blocks in the area, and some benches, normally people try to sit on the ends of rides, lol, as I did with the Rainbow, sat on the lower step, and I got in trouble!, im like, im only sitting here watching the ride!, shoot me haha
UserPostedImage
cny_chris
Friday, November 28, 2003 6:17:15 PM
This is one of those things that is almost a necessity as demanded by the public and fair boards. Maybe it's time for the fair boards to step up and partner with the shows on them. Perhaps joint ownership, shared advertising revenues, and/or permanent installations need to be looked at to create a win-win situation. Someone's just gotta take the first step.... that's how these amenities got there in the first place.........
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy