Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
dccradio
Sunday, November 23, 2003 5:39:31 PM
Great photos, what kind of event was that? How did they get the wheel in there as it looks like a really tight fit? Is it your wheel and train Pinetar?
Mark H
TopSpinJay
Sunday, November 23, 2003 7:11:49 PM
the wheel is permanate its owned and operated by the IX center, the wheel is perfectly outfitted to stick out up over the roof and the part that does stick up is enclosed by a glass atrium
You'll miss us when were gone....
2ndgencarnie
Monday, November 24, 2003 9:25:40 AM
i know that the wheel is owned and permant at IX but who's train? I haven't been there in a few years, but that is truley a one of a kind place. Where else i Ohio can you drive down the road in the dead of winter and see a operating Ferris Wheel sticking out of a roof!?!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
Monday, November 24, 2003 11:23:42 AM
2ndgen
That's my train. They didn't have room for my 85 truck German Hexadoppel coaster so I put it back on the show train at the IX RR siding.
UserPostedImage
Skywheelrider
Monday, November 24, 2003 11:28:47 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

2ndgen
That's my train. They didn't have room for my 85 truck German Hexadoppel coaster so I put it back on the show train at the IX RR siding.

Only 85 trailers? What happened to the BIG coaster you had? Was looking forward to seeing it somewhere around Cleveland next summer. [;)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Cstephens
Monday, November 24, 2003 12:13:14 PM
i wonder how IX refurbishes that chance giant wheel, i'm sure it would be almost impossible to dismantle without breaking the glass enclosure or the roof suports. i wonder if it will still be there when the bates brothers visit IX in april next year.
TopSpinJay
Monday, November 24, 2003 12:27:31 PM
you would not need to refurbish it it never sees the weather so if anything its not gunna have more then the common problems.

it will still be there its been there for years
You'll miss us when were gone....
cny_chris
Monday, November 24, 2003 1:07:09 PM
引用:

quote:

Posted - 11/24/2003 : 5:13:14 PM by Cstephens

i wonder how IX refurbishes that chance giant wheel, i'm sure it would be almost impossible to dismantle without breaking the glass enclosure or the roof suports. i wonder if it will still be there when the bates brothers visit IX in april next year.

If they got it in there, they can get it out of there. You just have to take it apart in the reverse order that you put it together, duh! Short of major repairs on the base, supports, or center hub, you'd just do the work on it right there where it sits. No need to dismantle the whole thing.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
dccradio
Monday, November 24, 2003 3:49:31 PM
So is the IX some sort of a civic center or what exactly is it?
Mark H
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
Monday, November 24, 2003 3:54:18 PM
DC
It was a GMC Tank plant during WW2. Now it is a convention center recently bought by the city of Cleve. It is next to the airport and may someday be torn down for runway space. It is commonly used for car shows, flowers show and such. Pretty massive.
UserPostedImage
dccradio
Monday, November 24, 2003 4:21:01 PM
Thanks Pinetar! Sounds like quite a place.
Mark H
Steve F.
Monday, November 24, 2003 5:32:55 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

2ndgen

[:D]HAH![:D]
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
Tuesday, November 25, 2003 1:26:44 AM
All they had to do was move the Giant Wheel and I could of done it.
UserPostedImage
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, November 25, 2003 1:26:04 PM
even in the model circus the cops hassle ya!