daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, November 20, 2003 3:57:53 PM
Whats do you think the post popular rides are to the cutomers?
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, November 24, 2003 4:43:33 AM
2ndgencarnie
Monday, November 24, 2003 9:31:41 AM
Zipper.?. i hate that piece, not sure what the serious appeal to everyone on this site is about a Zip.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, November 25, 2003 1:38:57 PM
how many carnivals even have top spins, evoloitins (sp),chaos', spin outs and tangos? I think it depends on the spot whats hot and whats not....
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, November 26, 2003 9:32:48 AM
I am surprised by the results, most people seem to think that a Himalaya is the most popular, it has been my experience that a Giant wheel can outgross most rides on a midway, provided it a the right kind of Wheel. The Dutch Wheel that Reithoffer's has is usually first or 3rd on the list.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, November 26, 2003 10:50:01 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jimmy D

I am surprised by the results, most people seem to think that a Himalaya is the most popular, it has been my experience that a Giant wheel can outgross most rides on a midway, provided it a the right kind of Wheel. The Dutch Wheel that Reithoffer's has is usually first or 3rd on the list.

Jimmy D

I am with you Jimmy. An example would be the Minnesota State Fair, where as I understand it the Giant Wheel (Mid America's, and before that A of A and before that Pugh's) is always in the top three or four, while music rides (Bobs, Himalaya) are almost never even in the top ten. From what one show owner told me this year Minnesota had to BEG for a music ride to come in (and got JCJ's Flying Bobs), they even asked Mid America to bring their Musik Express instead of their Tilt-A-Whirl and MA said no thanks, the Tilt makes more money. Weird, eh? [^]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BSA Mike
Wednesday, November 26, 2003 10:57:21 AM
Gravitron, Starship 2000, Starship 3000?!?!?![}:)][}:)]