Cstephens
Thursday, November 20, 2003 12:21:50 PM
has anyone ever been to this park in sorth carolina and does anyone know what rides and/or coasters they currently own, please reply if you know the answers, thanks
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, November 20, 2003 12:25:22 PM
I've been,being I live right down the way,however I don't recall all the rides I'll see if I can find a link. Thinkin' about coming to the sunny south cstephens ?
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, November 20, 2003 12:27:33 PM
Here ya go !
[url][/url]http://www.mbpavilion.com/
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
orphaned
Thursday, November 20, 2003 2:03:25 PM
Great park Rides all well kept and maintained.
David
  •  David
  • 52.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, November 20, 2003 2:21:03 PM
I would love to go to that park and the other park were the Swamp Fox is.

Looks a very nice amusement park, well lit at night.
OUT NOW! Amusement Rides European Special 3: Oberhausen-Sterkrade (Germany) DVD
Trailer and information can be found on the website
http://www.amusementridesdvd.co.uk 
Cstephens
Thursday, November 20, 2003 2:57:34 PM
i wonder if their rainbow is reithoffer's i know reithoffer did sell it and myrtle beach did'nt get one until 2002 i believe,
tiltawhirl
Thursday, November 20, 2003 3:24:41 PM
Cstephens posted:
Quote:

quote:

i wonder if their rainbow is reithoffer's i know reithoffer did sell it and myrtle beach did'nt get one until 2002 i believe,

Actually thats not true. I was riding that rainbow since the mid 90's.
The Swamp Fox was my first rollercoaster in 1978, and I was a real fan of "the Trabant lady" who was this gal who I would see each year when riding the Trabant they had. She later moved to the Pavillion to work I believe, but that was before I got married in 95.

tilt
orphaned
Friday, November 21, 2003 3:01:24 AM
That Rainbow has been there much longer than the 1990's...it was there back in the 80's...was one of the first SPECTACULARS that the park owned.

I've been going to Myrtle Beach since 1979...my parents have been every year since then and I've only missed three or four years during that time.

They bought the Rainbow new. Trust me.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, November 21, 2003 3:11:43 AM
Cstephens
What is your interest in knowing about the park, do you want a light bulb count as well? Are you keeping a database? I drove by the parks during bike week 8 times a day, I would glance over but had no interest in observing any further.
UserPostedImage
Cstephens
Friday, November 21, 2003 3:38:26 PM
myrtle beach pavilon had a chance chaos but for some reason they got rid if it., i wonder how long they had it one more thing, ever wonder what michigan's adventure amusement park did with their chaos after it had a very bad accident about a year ago?
Larry Smith
Friday, November 21, 2003 5:35:02 PM
I agree Myrtle Beach pavilion might just be the best park that very few people know about.....Lots and lots of both new and old rides alike....Ive been there a few times off and on since 1981 and I have enjoyed everything there....

I also heard a roomer a while back that they were in the market for a Space Roller......Could anyone close to there maybe confirm this by chance......
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, November 22, 2003 12:46:36 AM
I live about two hours away from the pavilion.It is very well maintained year round all rides look brand new.They have a great ride line up as well. Check out there website. They are gonna build a new Hard Rock Cafe Theme park on 501 just outside Myrtle Beach due to open by 2005, 150 acres to begin with.
Skywheelrider
Saturday, November 22, 2003 4:59:34 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Cstephens

myrtle beach pavilon had a chance chaos but for some reason they got rid if it., i wonder how long they had it one more thing, ever wonder what michigan's adventure amusement park did with their chaos after it had a very bad accident about a year ago?

Michigan's Adventure took their Chaos out after the accident invetigation was over. Not sure where it went. [^]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
orphaned
Saturday, November 22, 2003 6:23:44 AM
There was a rumor about a Mondial Top Scan that was on theme park sites for a couple years. Haven't heard anything about it.

The Chaos was there for about three years or so...dunno why they took it out, but I'd say if it's like all the other Chaos stories it had to do with maintenance and down time issues.