Cstephens
Monday, November 3, 2003 12:33:52 PM
there is a road model mondial top scan at a park in long island, new york. the park is adventureland, it is located in farmingdale. they have 2 mondial rides, both of them are road models, a mondial super nova renamed surf dance and a mondial top scan both of them traveled in europe with german showmen (don't know who they were though).they are very nice, but i wish a traveling carnival here in the states would buy them and take them to several events, the top scan is road legal in the states but i don't think the super nova is.
TopSpinJay
Monday, November 3, 2003 12:50:36 PM
im aware of these 2 peices being there, theres a spaceroller as we all know on the road with CVS thats as close as you get to one traveling here
You'll miss us when were gone....
ECZenith
Monday, November 3, 2003 1:12:45 PM
I rode Adventureland's Top Scan last week and it was excellent. It's not for sale, however, the Supernova is according to my friend is who is a ride op at the park. The Meadowlands Fair in NJ has a Space Roller too. If you're in the area, you can ride two fairly close to eachother.
"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much room."
LONNOL
Monday, November 3, 2003 1:27:13 PM
Adventureland's Top Scan came from H.O. Schafer. Technically the Super Nova can travel on the road because Amusements Inc. said it uses 6 trailers (including scenary) to move thier Super Nova back and forth from the State Fair of Texas. However, they don't have to cross any state lines, so perhaps just moving it back and forth through Texas keeps the cost pretty low.

Adam
www.flatrides.com : Pimp-slapping you with all your flat ride needs.
BSA Mike
Monday, November 3, 2003 1:47:38 PM
yepp, LIA has both of em, never rode the top scan here yet have seen it passing by and it was great looking, esp at night. , havent had time but as for the surfdance, it was boring to me, and they used to have a Huss Ranger (taken out for the top scan) and a Huss Pirate
Cstephens
Monday, November 3, 2003 4:41:56 PM
i'm not sure if they sold their huss pirate or but but their hurricane coaster is for sale on zamperla's website.
LONNOL
Monday, November 3, 2003 5:21:33 PM
I think that is Rye Playland's coaster, not LIA's.

Adam
Cstephens
Monday, November 3, 2003 5:48:12 PM
could be, wonder what the'll replace it with if they sell it, thanks any way.
LONNOL
Monday, November 3, 2003 6:02:04 PM
Rye bought a Zamperla Volare coaster for '04.

Adam
Cstephens
Thursday, November 6, 2003 9:53:44 AM
a zamperla volare coaster s a good addition to rye playland, paramount's canada's wonderland is also getting one in 2004
woul'nt it be nice if this thing was portable in the states?
Matthew
Thursday, November 6, 2003 3:27:54 PM
A portable version of it would be nice but such a coaster would require a good number of trailers. Conklin's Doppel Looping travels on 28 trailers. It's difficult to schedule and transport these monsters.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Cstephens

a zamperla volare coaster s a good addition to rye playland, paramount's canada's wonderland is also getting one in 2004
woul'nt it be nice if this thing was portable in the states?

LONNOL
Thursday, November 6, 2003 6:17:31 PM
Plus the Volare would have to be re-engineered to a certain extent. Right now it is only made for a stand-up base on a level concrete pad or a foundation model.

Adam
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, November 8, 2003 2:18:49 AM
I heard there were 3 coming to the states, 2 parks and 1 "semi-portable"
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

ECZenith
Monday, November 10, 2003 4:33:47 PM
The Pirate is still there. :)

"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much room."
LONNOL
Monday, November 10, 2003 4:52:38 PM
>I heard there were 3 coming to the states, 2 parks and 1 "semi-portable"<

They are on a stand-up base. To convert the ride into a portable coaster would require a lot of work and money.

Adam