daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, October 25, 2003 2:20:34 PM
on topic but the weather is very strange the ski is orange and its very cold the skie is sprinkling peices of ash as you no htere are fires in california and we are geting fall out for the first time its snowing except it hurts when it lands on you and you dont want to eat it.You can smell smke and it looks like Something very strange.I have pics but you have to look for them,
http://community.webshots.com/user/tinku149 

daniel
FunkyTown
Saturday, October 25, 2003 5:21:36 PM
Man that's bad. Hope you and your family will stay safe and that fire to go out.
mamma teena
Saturday, October 25, 2003 6:11:24 PM
Daniel, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family... How far away are the fires?? Please be carefull... Love Ya, Mamma ( I never got an answer when I tryed to call..)
Always,Mamma
"With It...For It... Love It...Live It"
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Saturday, October 25, 2003 7:36:08 PM
WE are not that close but close enoth to get the fall out and the smoke its not to much of a danger. Its still a little messy last night it was fog with ash.Who does that sound.Thanks though i do need praying for every one does and in my area but so you only no me keep us in memory.ItS not as bad as it looks or sounds.
daniel
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Sunday, October 26, 2003 12:08:50 PM
Hears a link to the strory if you have not seen it on the news.

http://www.msnbc.com/new...s=102620031500&cp1=1 
Hears a link to the strory if you have not seen it on the news.

http://www.latimes.com/ 
one of the many dangers in california.EARTHQUAKES, WILD FIRES
crazyspin
Sunday, October 26, 2003 12:20:17 PM
Thats Horrible! [:0][B)]
Stay Safe and keep us Informed! [;)]
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Monday, October 27, 2003 12:47:04 PM
Last i herd is that theres manditory evacutions and that two of the fires are so big they might join together.The closest fire is in San Diego and San Bernardino.Theres have been 12 s ive hurd that there was two people trying to get out and it was too late and fire surrounded them and burned them in the car then theres been others.So it been an intersting day.It cleard up a little from saturday but still smokey and ash is still falling ALL THE cars are coverd in it.Its like a volcano erupted.

daniel
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, October 27, 2003 12:57:28 PM
I have been watching the reports on CNN these fires look very bad
Please be safe..... and my thoughts and prayers R with you and your family .....
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Judy
  •  Judy
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Tuesday, October 28, 2003 3:37:31 AM
you are in my prayers daniel... keep safe

The greatest reward of serving others is the satisfaction found in your own heart. The smiles of children are the brightest beacons of happiness.
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Wednesday, October 29, 2003 10:27:19 AM
Hay it sounds like there might be a break i dont se much smoke it geting better i hear there might be rain soon well got to go.Its my launch it 1:31 and there playing music wellgot to go.

daniel
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, October 29, 2003 11:37:33 AM
Since the wind has changed patterns, its now blowing the smoke to Las Vegas. Hopefully the possible drizzle can do something, cause these fires are far from over. Old fire is very close to Big Bear, and Simi Valley fire is close to I-5. If it jumps the interstate, who knows what would happen next.

Daniel how's the San Diego area? I hear there's four fires now, and more out of control than our fires. At least that's what the media is saying, but I don't trust anything they say, and would rather hear about it from someone who lives in the area. Keep us posted.
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Wednesday, October 29, 2003 2:45:50 PM
Hear are resant photos of today.
http://community.webshots.com/user/tinku149 

and yes there are some fires in san diego still.
a fire fighter lost his life too reasantly.
daniel
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Thursday, October 30, 2003 10:33:21 AM
Its fine it very windy and cold looks like rain is amist.

daniel
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Thursday, October 30, 2003 10:38:45 AM
Thanks to msn.com
THREE NEW DEATHS
Firefighters in San Diego County were mourning the death Wednesday of a colleague fighting the state’s largest fire. Three other firefighters were injured, one of them critically.
The firefighters were near Wynola, a town a few miles northwest of Julian, where hundreds of firefighters have converged to make a stand against the Cedar Fire.

Local wildfire coverage
• KNSD San Diego
• KNBC Los Angeles
• Orange Country Register
• Ventura County Star

Steven Rucker, 38, an 11-year veteran of the Novato Fire Department in Northern California, was killed while trying to save a home near Wynola. His death was the first of a firefighter since the blazes began last week, and at their morning briefing Thursday, many firefighters wore black bands on their badges in his memory.
Novato Deputy Fire Chief Dan Northern fought back tears as he described Rucker as a hard worker who volunteered to fight the fire that killed him.
“He wasn’t sent there,” Northern said. “He asked to go.”
The death toll later reached 20 after two people were found dead on an Indian reservation as the result of the same fire.

MORE HELP ON WAY
More crews and their equipment from other states were arriving to join or relieve some of the 13,000 firefighters already on the front lines.
The towering peaks of the San Bernardino range east of Los Angeles and the mountains of eastern San Diego County are the major fronts in the long arc of wildfires that have roared over 660,000 acres — about 1,000 square miles, or more than three times the size of New York City.
Seven fires were burning in four counties Thursday morning.

The westerly winds blowing Thursday also represented a shift, creating the possibility that fires would head along new paths. In addition, smoke and ash spread as far as Phoenix, prompting officials there to warn the very young and very old to stay indoors.
More than 2,600 homes have been destroyed in California since Oct. 21, including that of Rep. Duncan Hunter, who represents San Diego in Congress. “We’re going to rebuild,” Hunter told MSNBC TV. His home in Alpine, Calif., burned in the Cedar Fire.
The 250,000-acre Cedar Fire had already destroyed 1,400 homes on the south side of Julian, a gold-rush tourist town. Ten miles south of Julian, about 90 percent of homes were destroyed in Cuyamaca, a lakeside town of about 160 residents.
The Cedar Fire was reported to be 15 percent contained, and it was not expected to be fully contained before next Wednesday.
Thanks to msn.com